Author Topic:  (OCT-Maze) Lost, an amazing time. {OPEN}  (Read 249 times)

Re: (OCT-Maze) Lost, an amazing time. {OPEN}
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 06:35:35 PM »
"Carey! Are you all right?"

Annabelle had just about to ask what "butter beer" was when she witnessed the Gryffindor run into a cabinet. She knelt down to help him, thinking that it was absolutely absurd that there would be a random cabinet in the middle of a maze. Then she heard Professor McGonagall's voice. She looked up at her Headmistress with a furrowed brow and scrunched nose. That couldn't be right, could it? She had never heard Professor McGonagall talk like that to any student before. And what was she saying about Carey's condition? Clearly not all of the other students had found out because she had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. Carey seemed to though. The young Hufflepuff found herself in a situation where she had absolutely no idea what was going on around her. This was quite common these days, but something about this particular instance seemed incredibly off. Could it just be a fake McGonagall? Was that possible?

She was snapped out of her confusion when she saw Carey knocked to the ground. She gasped and immediately went to her knees beside him. She tried clasping his hand, which felt shaky to her. But it was like she wasn't even there. This had to stop. This mean McGonagall needed to leave Carey alone. She couldn't stand bullying, even from professors. It wasn't right. She stood up and blocked Carey from her headmistress.

"Hey!" She said, forgetting that she was addressing the headmistress of her school. "I'm Carey's friend and I don't think he's disgusting!" Her professor looked at her, and then the most bizarre thing happened. Professor McGonagall turned into a spinning mass of black and gray. She gasped in shock and confusion. She heard Carey yell something that sounded like "booger," but Anna wasn't really paying attention because all of a sudden she was looking at her step-father. But that couldn't be right, could it? She hadn't spoken to Harold since the day she returned from Diagon Alley with all of her new witch things. Was he finally here to love her again? He was standing there, plain as day, looking down at her in a black suit. But that was odd, because he normally strictly stuck to gray. Then she noticed there was a coffin beside him with the name "Alfie Graham" etched on the lid. Anna clutched at the pocketwatch hidden underneath her shirt and tried to avert her eyes back to her step-father.

"Ha-Harold?" she asked, shaking. "Wh-what is this? Why are you h-he-here?" Her step-father took a step towards her, a look of disapproval that she had grown quite used to over the course of the summer before she arrived at Hogwarts. Then he spoke and she shuddered.

"I'm here to take you home, Annabelle." He said coldly. "We received a letter saying you weren't good enough at magic. So you can come with me back to London or they'll take care of you like they did your good for nothing father."

Annabelle looked at the coffin, tears in her eyes. She didn't want to die. But she didn't want to give up magic either.

"No! You can't! I don't want to go! Please, I'll practice harder, I'll do better!"

"Too late, Annabelle." Then he lit the coffin on fire.

Anna screamed and bolted toward the scene, but she got pulled back. She was suddenly aware that something was pulling at her wrist. She looked over with tear blurred eyes and saw that Carey was pulling her away.

"No! What are you doing? We have to fix this! I don't want to leave!" She tried struggling, but Carey was way stronger than Annabelle. She was pulled away from the scene in front of her, crying and screaming the whole way. When Carey had finally stopped and they were on a deserted path, Anna whirled around, red faced and tears streaming down her face.

"What did you do that for?" she shrieked. "I had to fix it! I had to try to prove I was a good enough witch! He lit my dad on fire! And they're going to kill me!" Annabelle crumpled to the ground, her red curls creating a curtain over her face. "I need to fix it..."

• Offline Carey Baisley
  • Re: (OCT-Maze) Lost, an amazing time. {OPEN}
    « Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »
              “It is a Boggart, Anna. A Boggart!” He yanked her arm. “All we have to do is walk away.  Come on!” 

He heard bits of the conversation between the Boggarts new form and Anna “ …you weren't good enough at magic.” Like most students, Carey surmised that Anna’s worst fear was to force to leave Hogwarts.

“The Boggart will go back into the cabinet if we leave.” He said as attempted to pull her now with two arms. She was arguing with-it and fighting Carey’s grasp. Facing the Boggart again he noticed where McGonagall was, is a guy next to a coffin…. Yeah, it was not like the Boggart would show anything good… but a coffin. Not good. Suddenly the coffin was on fire. Carey acted with out thinking. He yanked her back and got in front of her, bent down and lifted her on to his shoulder. She was not having it. She tried to push off, reach and plead. He just needed to get her away. Carey almost lost his balance, his hat fell and he and Anna almost toppled over when they got back at the fork. He let her down and was doubled over out of breath.

He was afraid she would run back. Did not she say she was raised by muggle? She must not know what it was. Still out of breath and unable to argue or explain so he grabbed her in a tight hug. He used his own shoulder to wipe his tears that escaped his eyes. He breath finally gave way to his words, “it is…” “a beast…” deep breath “not a person…” he took a few more deep breaths. “it shows you your worst fears to scare you.” He pulled back to look her in the face. “None, none of it,… is real. None of it!.”

He wanted to shake sense into her, but instead he just looked at her and decided he would have to explain more. “The Boggart showed me my worst fear. Mine is McGonagall making me leave Hogwarts, because …. because… ” he glanced away because he could not look into her face. “My friends would find out I had…” He pulled his scarf more tightly around his neck before continuing. “I was sick, a lot, when I was younger. Because of this,… I fear, my fear is... no one at school would not want to be around me.” He thought for a second she would step away from him…

He took a deep breath, to try to slow his racing heart, before looking back to her and tried to continue to explain “What you saw…” not wanting to describe it or admit that he saw her worst fears, even if it was just a brief glimpse, he choose to simply to announce, “It was FAKE! A False image created by the Boggart to scare you away. But…” He sniffed a dripping nose and wiped it with his sleeve, revealing a grin. “I think the Bogart chose the wrong images. You wouldn’t leave.” He gave a little bit of a chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

"Lets choose another path", he picked up his hat brushed it off and made for the next path closest to him. "Any path HAS to be better that that one." he said with a chuckle.  He stated down it, hopping she would follow. Hoping she would not mention  or ask about his fear. It was the last thing he wanted to talk about,...
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:35:09 AM by Chaw »

Re: (OCT-Maze) Lost, an amazing time. {OPEN}
    « Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 05:04:29 AM »
    Anna sat there crying, shaken from everything she had just experienced. She couldn't get the image of her father on fire out of her head, or the words of Harold telling her she wasn't good enough at magic to be at Hogwarts. She tried to listen to Carey's words. None of it was real. But if it wasn't real, why did it feel so real? Why was it affecting her like it was real? She gave into Carey's hug, wrapping her arms around him, and tried to repeat that it wasn't real over and over in her head. This helped a lot.  Her breathing slowed and she was able to really listen to Carey for what he was saying as she wiped her eyes with the pinky side of her hands.

As she heard more of Carey's fear, things started to connect a little more. She understood what the fake McGonagall was saying now. And as she started to understand more and more what the boggart did, she started to feel a little guilty for having seen his deepest fear. That was an incredibly personal thing to witness. She was also feeling incredibly vulnerable for having Carey witness her deepest fear. Before today, she wasn't even entirely sure herself what her deepest fear would be. It was a thought that the little eleven year old had never taken the time to think about. But her fear did make sense. Every detail she ever knew about her father was savored. Because of the stories mum told about him, all she ever dreamed about was going to Hogwarts and being magical just like him. He was her key to the wizarding world and she idolized him for that. Her step father she also loved dearly, and ever since he found out she had magical abilities, she had vied for his love and attention. So for him to destroy her father and tell her she couldn't be a witch anymore, that she wasn't good enough to be a witch anymore, of course that would break her. She hated that Carey had to see it, and that he had to see her like this.

Annabelle could tell Carey was trying to lighten the mood, so she gave a polite giggle. She wasn't quite back to her cheery self yet, but he had definitely helped her, more than he probably knew. So for this, she pushed her wild mane out of her face and gave him a smile. Standing up, she followed her friend down the next path, hoping that there weren't any more of those boggarts in the maze. She wasn't sure if she would be able to deal with any more of those today. Or ever. She couldn't help but wonder more about Carey. What could he have been sick with that he thought people wouldn't want to be around him? He looked fine. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable, but the nosy part of her was dying to ask him. After they had been walking in silence for a few minutes, she finally got the nerve to ask.

"Hey, Carey?" she started in a sort of quiet voice. "What were you sick with? You know, that you thought that other people wouldn't want to be around you? Because I like you just fine, sick or not. Even if I had known before today, we still would've become friends I think."

• Offline Carey Baisley
  • Re: (OCT-Maze) Lost, an amazing time. {OPEN}
    « Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 06:20:18 AM »
              As soon as their joking stopped and quiet fell between Carey and Anna, memories of just a few minutes ago bubbled up like the festering sores that used to cover Carey's body. The memories grow and sprouted thoughts he did not like. Thoughts that hurt and pained him.

Yet he could not stop it, instead McGonagall's words repeated in his head. He could almost see the faces of his friends bearing looks of disgust, while backing away from him. Their looks were like stabs within his heart, even if they were not real.. Not real, Not real… he repeated to himself. He squinted his eyes closed and rubbed his forehead with the back of his sleeve, trying to shut the memories and rub away the thoughts.

“Yeah?” He automatically answered Annabella, before what he realized what, she was asking. “What was I sick with?” He repeated. “You mean,..” he looked into her eyes “Oh, you don’t know?” That is right, the word Spattergriot was not said. To his family the word had become kin to a dirty word.  His parents and sisters would just say ‘he was sick, again’ or ‘he had another relapse.’  Carey debated about making something up. Something that might seem like he was just slightly over reacting. But there was just so few wizard illnesses he should not think of one. Shoot I will have to tell her. He thought and steeled himself before saying, “I was hoping no one would find out. I mean, it is not like I am a werewolf or a vampire or anything.”  He gave a half-hearted laugh before continuing.  “When I was young, I ate something that gave me a bad case of … of Spattergroit.”

Realizing she never heard of the wizard illness, he gave out a sigh. Mean while, they came to a fork on the maze and Carey choose left. As he walked down the new path he tried to explain. “It is one of the few, but un-curable and highly contagious Wizard illness, like Dragon Pox.” Although he did not see comprehension in her eyes. He decided to just continue. “I was… I am worried about telling people, because it is highly contagious, when you have it.”. He corrected “which I don’t, not… now.” He know he left out the world the ‘right'. She did not have to know all the details. He became distracted by a buzzing in his ears. He pulled on his ear a little, before continuing. “Most parents do not want their children to play with a kid that has it,.. Spattergroit. I did not play with other kids…” BUZZZZZ  “.. I was kept….” BUZZZZZZZZZ”

Carey stopped walking. He pulled out his wand. The buzz was NOT in his ears. It was coming from the stalks.  He walked up to the corn stalks maze wall, and his eyes caught small movement.  Something very small was moving inbetween them. “Was that a bug?” He whispered. He leaned in, as a tinny clawed hand pulled away form the stalk. Followed by a loud buzz, then Carey thought he saw something fly away.  “LUMOS!“ Carey casted the spell. His wand lit up the surrounding stalks, simultaneously as a loud “HISS,” came from every directions.  Suddenly visible was countless of redish-pupple-glowing beady eyes, giving the illusion that the corn stalks were suddenly in a magical bloom. It was not flowers, instead teeth barring insect like-fey, stacked three to five high on each stalk, completely surrounding them. Carey did not realize it unto now, he had led Annabelle into a dead end. A deadend infested with Doxies!

Carey automatically yelled “Flipendo!”as the one right in front of him jumped out with all four claw bearing limbs and tinny venous teeth aiming for Carey face. Althuogh the Doxy flew back, Carey still stumbled backward and tripped over a dirt mound. His foot dislodged sacked of a Queen Doxy's eggs form the ground. As he got up he yelled, “Doxy!” Looking at Annabelle he explained, “Biting fairies, RUN!”

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:48:54 AM by Chaw »

Tags: