September 28, 2026, 10:53:36 AM

Author Topic:  spooky scary skeletons [Casey]  (Read 1173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ashley Morigan [ British Ministry ]
2093 Posts  •  Twenty-Six  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Dylan
spooky scary skeletons [Casey]
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:10:52 AM »
Spooky scary Halloween was upon them. Halloween in America was always a big deal, so Ashley was looking forward to how they did it in the UK. He had been around for a while, but had never attended the Hogsmeade festival. It had been Casey’s idea, but he was happy to go along with it. He liked the idea of being in the town close to Hogwarts, even if there would be youngins around. He had dressed up like a cowboy, complete with the leather chaps, cowboy hat, and boots. He had flown Casey there on his bike, which he had parked carefully as far away from the festivities as humanly possible, to keep it safe. 

“Howdy partner.” He teased her, offering a hand to help her off the bike. “God, I am so excited for this.” He laughed. “What should we do first? You want me to buy you a drink, or should we go looking at the spooky décor? I hear the shrieking shack has a queue every year, but that might be worth checking out, too. What do you think?” He asked. 

He’d been to Hogsmeade before, briefly, but never for anything like this. He was eager to have a good time, and even more eager to show off for Casey. He liked the quidditch player. He thought she was cute, smart, funny... He wanted to take her out on the town and take her home when he was done. He hoped she felt the same, but she seemed to, and that was good. 

@Casey Regan

Casey Regan [ Quidditch Player ]
2011 Posts  •  21  •  Straight
  • *
  • *
  • "*finds a bottle on the beach* *opens it* *bottle starts screaming* what the"
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet with a little help from my friends This character participated in an AU thread during the 2020 Anniversary celebrations! You've been disneyfied! Former Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain/Co-Captain Post of the Month Winner
Re: spooky scary skeletons [Casey]
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:06:08 PM »
Halloween had a long history in Ireland, and Casey had heard more variations of Halloween folklore than she could count. Her grandmother had even made them carve turnips one year, and Casey had to admit it had been kind of fun in comparison to the regular pumpkins. This year though, she was celebrating by going to Hogsmeade with Ashley. She didn’t love dressing up, but she had decided it’d be worth it, and chosen to go as a princess, then decided she needed some fake blood, and ended up as a zombie princess. The dress accentuated her curves and piqued the imagination without being too inappropriate if someone from the press recognized her here. The fake was mostly for fun, but it also might keep people from recognizing who she was (the few of them that there might be.)

She rolled her eyes good naturedly as she took his hand and slid off the bike as she responded in her best American accent “Howdy” she told him as she bowed ever so slightly, playing her part. She flashed him a quick smile, it was easy to see how genuine his excitement was, as it was almost infectious “Hmm. Drink first, then we can wander?” she suggested, pausing for a moment before adding “the shack is always worth it, even with the long line, especially if you haven’t been there.” She would appreciate the drink but was honestly just glad to get out for a moment, with a cute cowboy to boot.

It was weird, being back in Hogsmeade with someone who hadn’t ever been properly, but she was curious to see what his outsiders’ point of view would be. The witch bumped him lightly with her hip “I hope you like food though, too. They’ve got some of the best snacks here this time of year.” The thought of food had given her an idea, and she shot him a mischievous look “Speaking of food, I bet you…” paused for dramatic effect “I bet you I can eat more candy corn than you can.” She explained a moment later “I only say that because I know I can’t out-drink you” She admitted with a laugh as she quirked an eyebrow at him expectantly, waiting for him to accept her challenge.

Ashley Morigan [ British Ministry ]
2093 Posts  •  Twenty-Six  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Dylan
Re: spooky scary skeletons [Casey]
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:48:06 AM »
Casey was too cute. Her American accent was terrible, but he appreciated her attempt. He laughed good-naturedly, and offered her a hand and then led the way towards one of the bars. “I’m sure you could out-drink me.” He lied. “Or, at least you should try.” He teased. She definitely couldn’t out drink him. “Candy corn is an acquired taste, I think.” He joked. “I wouldn’t be surprised if you could best me in that, too.” She was so cute. He loved her gory, sexy costume. She looked great, even covered in blood. 
 
He led the way into the bar and up to the front. “Shots?” He asked. “Or do you want a real drink? I wanna see you shoot whisky.” As if he hadn’t seen that before. He was very excited. The décor was really fantastic, eerie and hokey and cute—but not scary. “So, shrieking shack is definitely on the list. What else did you want to do? Wanna grab a table here and eat something, or is there another place you like to eat down here. I defer to you. I’ve only ever been here like once or twice.” 
 
He smiled at her with his eyes. She was his favorite of the girls he was entertaining lately. He wasn’t sure committing was the right step, but he really liked her most. 

Casey Regan [ Quidditch Player ]
2011 Posts  •  21  •  Straight
  • *
  • *
  • "*finds a bottle on the beach* *opens it* *bottle starts screaming* what the"
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet with a little help from my friends This character participated in an AU thread during the 2020 Anniversary celebrations! You've been disneyfied! Former Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain/Co-Captain Post of the Month Winner
Re: spooky scary skeletons [Casey]
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »
Casey took the hand he offered, linking her fingers through his easily as she followed him through the crowds. The witch shot him a playful look out of the corner of her eye that told him she knew better than to fall for that “I’ll try that when I want to forget the entirety of a twenty four hour period” she teased gently as she shook her head, continuing “it is, but it might be the best Halloween candy out there” she argued gently, without any seriousness.

She raised her eyebrows, intrigued by the suggestion, although she laughed a little too. She’d been shooting whiskey since she was in her early teens, thanks to her cousins “I’ll do a couple shots” She agreed with a grin “But I’m not as lightweight as you think.” She challenged him playfully. Casey took a moment to appreciate the spooky décor, noting that they’d really gone all out this year. While she took in the décor, the witch also took time to appreciate the way Ashley looked in his blue jeans. Costumes might have had their perks after all.

The woman thought for a moment “Here should be good – they have good prices and a good menu” She told him as she lead him to an empty table. She flashed him another smile “I’m glad you’re here, but it is weird being in Hogsmeade with someone who didn’t grow up coming here.” She admitted “I’m curious to know what you think” she told him a moment later. Casey thought for a moment before she spoke again “I mostly just like to people watch and eat” she told him “but the maze is always kind of fun” she finally suggested.

Ashley Morigan [ British Ministry ]
2093 Posts  •  Twenty-Six  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Dylan
Re: spooky scary skeletons [Casey]
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 10:56:16 AM »
Ashley laughed, a little disappointed she had caught on to his joke and not taken his challenge—but even so… “Oh I can’t drink that much more than you.” His veins were whiskey. “I never accused you of being a lightweight, but you are very cute when you’re toasted.” He laughed. “Very friendly with me, too.” He teased. This was a date, right? It was alright to say he liked having her all over him. Flirting came naturally to Ash, but he didn’t want to come on too strong or anything. He didn’t want unrealistic expectations of where things were going. Also, he kinda wanted to make out in the maze like teenagers and hide from the chaperones while doing it.

He sat down at the table across from her and looked over the menu. British food was growing on him, and some of this was Scottish (they were technically in Scotland, after-all). He still found some things quite weird. “Do you think it would be bad to order a breakfast fry up for dinner?” He wondered. “I’m loving the food over here, but I think I put on 10 pounds.” He laughed.

He ordered them a double-whiskey each, with intentions of getting her at least one more later on.  “I think the costumes are pretty awesome here. Everyone goes all out.” He admitted. “But yes, the maze sounds like something worth doing.” He teased, thinking of his ideas. He was hungry, though, so food sounded great.

Tags:
Tags: