October 08, 2026, 05:57:50 PM

Author Topic:  I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked [Sindri]  (Read 1544 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tate Atherton [ Inactive Character ]
1171 Posts  •  23  •  Straight  •  played by Hanhan
  • *
  • *
  • "What is this feeling I'm feeling right now? It's like I'm sad, for another person? Is that a thing? Am I going crazy?"
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Gravesend Griffins Fan Muggleborn Character
I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked [Sindri]
« on: July 27, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »
"Shoo," Shouted a multi-colored girl covered with tattoos. As she made hissing sound she chased after some large cats that were after her owls. This girl was Tatum Atherton. Cats have been flocking around her flock and attempting to eat the baby chicks. It took a while for Tate to be able to raise them and she was not going to have some dumb cat attack them. She already adopted one of the cats that was a daily visitor but no way was she going to take these little ones. Something needed to be done to fix this issue. She could put netting up but that would effect the bird's flying area.... She could always use spells too, but she really could not think of any on the top of her head. Tate was not the type of person to research it... there had to be an easier way. As she shooed the finally ones away with a spell, she figured out what she could do.... a guard dog. That would easily fix the issue. Would she get a big dog, little, puppy? She had no clue what to even do about this. She just needed something to help the cat issue but not attack her lovely owls.

Tate heard of a pretty decent shelter that was located in Hogsmeade. That was not super far where her owlery was located. She normally went in there to see if anybody dropped off some elderly owls so she could adopt them so they would have a good place to live the rest of their lives out. Normally the elderly ones gave amazing chicks and different breeds that she could study more. Some of them were the sweetest little owls in the world. She would also see if there was any raptors that she could adopt to add to her collection or even just heal. She loved trying to fix the little animals, only the birds though. Dogs or cats were not really her thing. Oliver was an annoying cat. Half the time she wanted to hex the lazy beast but he was hers.

Apparting right in front of the shelter the add nipped her face. It was freezing out. It was just after Christmas though. She was wearing her leather jacket with a skull sweater. She really hoped there was no owl pellet residue on her shirt. That would be embarrassing. She did have a few feathers stuck in her blonde and teal hair. Picking them out as she went into the shelter she looked around. She could hear barking and a few other animals sounds. She did not see anybody in sight. She peered around slightly and then noticed a bell. There was a sign in front of it that read, Ring for service. Turning her head to the sign, she pushed down slightly and a 'ding' sound came out of it. She smirked gently and pushed it again. This was pretty fun for her. She ended up pushing it three more times. Hopefully the person who comes out wouldn't be to mad that this strange girl was enjoying ringing a bell a little to much.
I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me

But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching.

Sindri Trickett [ Shop Keeper ]
1138 Posts  •  25  •  played by gage
  • *
  • *
  • "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever."
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet "crystalline kiss" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond 1 Award "crest" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond 2 Award V's Sparkly Fam Bubble Award Couple of the Month Winner Post of the Month Winner
Re: I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked [Sindri]
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »
"Buyers remorse," The youngest Trickett quipped to his female colleague with a non-committal shrug of his broad shoulders. "It's like returning that expensive..." The man paused to think of something that the younger girl could relate to. Somehow, he didn't think that she would identify with pocket knifes or sets of chisels. "Pair of shoes! The ones that looked really good in the store," He continued. "Then a week later, you've decided you didn't actually need them in the first place," Hazel eyes flicked up to the student. "Suppose it's a bit different with animals, though..." He realized aloud, making a face.

The chestnut haired man was no stranger to this phenomenon that was the post-holiday critter return. Every year that he had been volunteering with shelter, just after Christmas, it happened. Sindri had decided it was his duty to impart his wisdom on the new girl, who was currently across the room washing an older dog and complaining about the sudden influx. Even with all the volunteers, the place was an absolute madhouse.

"Give him a dry, I'll move this lot," Sindri nodded to the squirming pile of dogs that had just gone through the bathing process. With a few flicks of his wand, he charmed a collection of festive bandanas to each of their collars. How could anyone resist that? Attention to detail, he learned, was key.

Tucking a dog under each arm safely, the wizard began to move the groomed creatures to their respective cubicles for viewing. The shelter encouraged guests to come play with the animals to encourage adoptions. Just as he got back to pick up the next pair of dogs, the bell on the front desk caught his attention. And again. Then three more times. This had to be an emergency.

"Merlin's sake..." Sindri breathed upon seeing the lone patron that had arrived. There didn't appear to be any injured animals. No blood. No crying. "Shit, I thought -" He began, but just as his hazel eyes met the witch's in front of the desk, he stopped. Those eyes didn't belong to a stranger at all. He knew this girl.

"Tate?" The wizard took a step from behind to desk, self consciously brushing the hair and dirt from his clothes in the process. He hadn't seen his old classmate for years, and she had certainly done a lot of growing up. The woman in front of him was a far cry from the tom boy that made a habit of playfully beating up on he and his friends. "It's been ages!" Sindri tried not stare, and instead took another step to offer an embrace. "In the market to adopt?" He asked mid-hug, holding both Tate's shoulders and leaning back to assess her response.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:46:04 AM by Sindri Trickett »

Tate Atherton [ Inactive Character ]
1171 Posts  •  23  •  Straight  •  played by Hanhan
  • *
  • *
  • "What is this feeling I'm feeling right now? It's like I'm sad, for another person? Is that a thing? Am I going crazy?"
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Gravesend Griffins Fan Muggleborn Character
Re: I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked [Sindri]
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »
Someone came just to ruin her fun with the bell. She defiantly needed to get one, but there was no clue where she was going to use it in her owlery. Not many people visit tons of birds. As the gentleman came out she instantly knew who the person was. Obviously he knew her too. That was pretty surprising. Tate changed completely since Hogwarts. It was her only time she could be free. She no longer hair her brown hair or no makeup, now she had blonde multicolored hair with makeup and tattoos. She never really planned it that way but she got addicted with getting tattoos. Now when she is bored, she wants another one. Same with her hair. Once she gets bored, she changes it. Constantly a changing person. Tate got bored pretty often.

Smiling brightly at the man in front of her, as he took her into an embrace she adored it. It has been ages. He was someone she hung around at Hogwarts. He always super adorable, but he managed to be dating that Dasher girl every time she even thought she had a chance. Most of the time she was considered one of the boys so never had that chance she wanted. He grew up though. He still was cute as ever.... and now working at a dog shelter? "Sindri!" She smiled, then continued. "You did not change. Merlin, mate, what have you been doing with yourself? You did not even age...  I need your magic." She chuckle gently at him. This is why she had only one boyfriend. She couldn't even talk around guys like normal girls.

As she responded to his question about adopting, she nodded. "I need a guard dog... puppy.... or something. Hopefully fluffy and won't eat owls." She smiled. "Simple enough right?" Hopefully no problem there. She really did not want a vicious dog. Just something that will scare those damn cats. She was fed up. If she lost one more baby owl to those cats she might have herself some cat stew, which would be hard for her to do because she loved animals way to much. She wouldn't even hard the annoying cats.

"Cats have been eating my baby owls for my business. I really can't have them dying or I will lose a profit... so I need something to stop the cats from coming around. I thought a dog was a good idea." She better explain the situation more for the man. She could not help to stare at him though. He was still like school. It was shocking. He was probably still with Dasher. Those two were inseparable. It was only best to be polite here. She was not a home-wrecker. "How you been?" She smiled at him gently.
I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me

But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching.

Tags:
Tags: