Cabhan and Conall made their way into the forest where Conall would change back to himself. His best mate saved his life and as much as he was mad at him before, he couldn't even fathom the idea of staying mad at him now. He felt the weight of the large wolf pressing his body into his own legs. He was a bit wobbly and he hurt all over. Conall was keeping him steady as they walked. He felt his knees give slightly, but with Conall there, he regained his balance rather quickly. He looked down at the large furry creature that stood next to him. Conall hadn't told him about his animagus form, but it didn't matter to Cabhan, he was sure he had a reason for not telling him. Now he could see what it was, he wanted to protect those he cared about. Even with Cabh being as cold to him as he had been over past few days, Conall was still there to help him. Guilt struck Cabh in the chest as they stopped just inside the tree line.
The younger boy fell back down to the ground when Conall stepped away from him to change back into his human form. Cabh didn't raise his head as his mate walked away to grab his coat. He would do anything for him. Pain struck him hard in the chest again and he doubled over and let out a groan. He could tell he had a few broken bones and all he wanted to do now was curl up and sleep for the next three years. "Yeah, well...I haven't been the nicest person to you lately. I wasn't sure-" He started coughing and blood came up. He spit it out and looked back at Conall. "That you'd still want to be friends." Some of the smaller abrasions were taken care of when Conall raised his wand, some of the pain was taken away. But nothing would help fix the emotional pain he was suffering from. "It's o-okay Conall. Thank you." He gritted his teeth as Conall helped him to his feet.
His heart ached when Conall asked the obvious question. "Why? I don't know, I was born or something." He shrugged his shoulders but immediately regretted it when the sharp pain traveled down his body. "I think it stems from a lifetime of hate and suspicion. I am pretty sure my Grandfather knew all along that I was a homo. He used to have 'talks' with me. Plus, I didn't want to marry some twit of a girl that they wanted me to. I guess I give them a stain on their perfect record." He groaned as they walked away from the woods and back towards Hogwarts. He ached, he felt nothing but pain and soon he hoped his body would just go numb. He blinked away a few tears and looked ahead of him as they made their way back. "Yeah, can't really tell them that my family wants me dead." He scoffed and then a thought entered his mind. The school year would come to an end soon, where the hell was he going to go? He sighed trying not to think of that now.
"I'm not sure Okay is the word I would use. But I'll live." He chuckled slightly and then winced in pain. "I think I'll feel better when I'm sleeping." He groaned and gripped onto Conall tight. He wanted to be back now, he couldn't believe how much the body could handle in pain. He let out a small whimper when he took a step forward and his knee sort of crunched. Life was falling apart around him and it took all he could to try to pick up some of the pieces as he crashed down with it.