October 11, 2026, 06:52:06 AM

Author Topic:  I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry [Cabhan]  (Read 1398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rosaline Bane [ Death Eater ]
1948 Posts  •  21  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Lisa
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • "You say I'm wearing too much black but all I hear is I look great."
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Wales World Cup Fan Rich Family Member Holyhead Harpies Fan This character is a current/former Death Eater. Influential Family Member Second Level of Potion Masters Guild "They picked our brains and we liked it."
In Rosaline's experience, when one person said to another the phrase, "We need to talk," it was never a good thing. She sat on her rented bed with the letter in her hands. Cabhan's letter. Not only was she spending the weekend mentoring Conall, but apparently she also had some business with the other boy. He hadn't spoken to her in weeks. What could he possibly want to do with her, now, after suddenly cutting off all contact? Honestly, she hadn't the faintest idea of what she could have possibly even done to offend him in the slightest.

The last time that Rosaline had seen Cabhan Daley had been at the Regan New Years Eve event, to which Cabhan had accompanied her. They had danced and drank and, she thought, had a rather good time with one another. Of course, they were merely platonic, and so she hadn't kissed him at midnight. She'd kissed Zachary Incarnadine, instead. Then again, she and Zachary were also platonic... However, he was an attractive, older man. She had been rather intoxicated. Cabhan couldn't possibly be upset about that, could he? No. Impossible. That was ridiculous, even in theory. Sure, Addreig might have feelings for her. But, certainly not the younger Daley boy as well.

So, then, why hadn't he spoken to her? Why all of this, "we need to talk" nonsense, now? Why was all of this making her anxious? Rosaline sighed, carefully folding the letter once more and setting it down on her nightstand. Hopefully he would arrive soon. She had responded to his owl by informing him of what room she had booked, and she had given a time when she would not be busy with visiting her mother, or her siblings, or Conall.

Looking out the window for a moment, she felt nostalgic. She remembered walking in Hogsmeade with Cabhan and Conall when they'd been in school; buying sweets from Honeydukes, prank supplies from Zonko's, and butterbeer from right here in The Three Broomsticks. The three of them had been inseparable. Well, for the most part. There were times when it was just her and Cabhan, whenever Conall decided that there was someone else, like Lorin, that he would rather be snogging.

In some ways, it still hurt her that Conall Regan had moved on. Perhaps she had cared more for him than she had let herself, or him, believe that she had? Or perhaps she just missed the attention that he gave her, especially now that nobody else seemed at all interested if she wasn't going to shag them? Sure, he had pressed the matter a time or two. But, he had never made her feel as if she absolutely had to engage in coitus with him. Obviously, that was what he had wanted, however. He was with Lorin, now. Not that Rosaline and Conall had ever technically been an item. The whole thing was confusing. She wasn't used to having... feelings.

Her nose wrinkled and her upper lip curled at the thought. Feelings? Ha! Walking to her bag, she pulled out a tiny potion bottle. Maybe just a little something to calm her nerves? She was going to have to pull herself together. Hopefully this meeting with Cabhan would not be emotional in the least, though something in her core was telling her otherwise. Pulling the top off of the bottle, she downed the potion inside before replacing the cap. There. That was better.

Stuffing the bottle back into her bag, she quickly closed it once more. There was a knock on the door. That had to be him. Why was she so nervous? Probably because of the foreboding nature of his letter. Luckily, the potion acted fast and she was already starting to feel a little more calm. Smoothing out her dress, Rosaline walked to the door and opened it a little to peek out and be sure that it was actually him. Wouldn't you know it? It was...

Bloody hell.

"Hello, Cabhan." Rosaline opened the door the rest of the way, stepping aside to let him in. "Come inside. Have a seat."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:27:27 AM by Rosaline Bane »




Cabhan Daley [ Inactive Character ]
917 Posts  •  18  •  Homosexual  •  played by Chrissy
  • *
  • "I’m sorry you must be at least a level 4 friend to unlock my tragic backstory."
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Hogwarts House Cup (1999-2000) - Slytherin Former Slytherin Quidditch Captain/Co-Captain Upper Middle Class Family Member Pureblood Character
Re: I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry [Cabhan]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:25:53 PM »
It was now or never, Cabhan had secrets that he had to get off his chest. He knew that if he didn't do it soon he was going to be regretting it later. He had been in love with the beautiful Rosaline since the day he laid eyes on her. He never made a move on her, however, because he thought she was way out of his league. Besides, Conall was the girl getter, not Cabhan Daley. So he kept his secret safe within his own head. That was until now, it was eating away at him. Every time he saw her, or heard her voice it sent a sort of odd shiver down his body and through to his groin. It wasn't something he was willing to admit to a lot of people. Hell, not even Conall knew how he felt about Rose. The sixth year Slytherin had decided it was his time to tell Rose himself.

He had dressed nicely to try and impress the woman, but he knew that she had seen him in worse. He was pretty sure she had seen him almost naked, so it didn't really matter what he wore. But the point of the matter was, he had to tell Rose what was going through his head. He had to explain why he had been so upset at the New Years eve party. He hadn't really spoke to her since that night and it was because, he had asked Rose there as his date. She had accepted but, at midnight it wasn't Cabhan she was kissing. She has wondered off with Zi and it broke his hear to see her to do so.

He didn't have a problem with Zi, no he actually liked the man, but the point of it all was he was in love with Rosaline Bane. He had been for quite some time and now, today was the day he was going to tell so. He knocked on the door to her room in Hogsmead and when she opened the door he smiled weakly at her. He followed directions and stepped inside. After taking a seat, he frowned a little. "Rose, I wanted to see you today because I wanted to explain my behavior at the New Years Eve party. I First off wanted to apologize for leaving you there..." He let out a sigh and waited for some kind of response from her. He didn't want to push his luck too far to fast.

Rosaline Bane [ Death Eater ]
1948 Posts  •  21  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Lisa
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • "You say I'm wearing too much black but all I hear is I look great."
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Wales World Cup Fan Rich Family Member Holyhead Harpies Fan This character is a current/former Death Eater. Influential Family Member Second Level of Potion Masters Guild "They picked our brains and we liked it."
Re: I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry [Cabhan]
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
The sight of Cabhan brought a smile to Rosaline's face. However, that smile quickly disappeared after she had closed the door and spotted the frown on his face. She braced herself for what he might say. Fortunately, his words were kind. He had started off with an apology. That had been more than a little unexpected, if she were completely honest with herself. He did also say that he needed to be honest with her about something, however... Hm.

"Do not be silly." She offered another smile, crossing the room to go and sit beside him on the bed. "Of course, I forgive you. I only wondered what I had done to offend you?" Since there was absolutely no way that he could possibly be jealous, she was genuinely curious to hear his response. He was one of her closest friends. She could not bear the thought of losing him.

Of course, the idea of that seemed a little illogical at the moment. After all, here he was. If he was intent on never speaking to her again, then he would have never sent her a letter. He would have never shown up. He certainly would have never apologized, if he was terribly upset with her.

So, what explanation could he have? She waited patiently, crossing her legs at the knee.




Cabhan Daley [ Inactive Character ]
917 Posts  •  18  •  Homosexual  •  played by Chrissy
  • *
  • "I’m sorry you must be at least a level 4 friend to unlock my tragic backstory."
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Hogwarts House Cup (1999-2000) - Slytherin Former Slytherin Quidditch Captain/Co-Captain Upper Middle Class Family Member Pureblood Character
Re: I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry [Cabhan]
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
Cabahn's heat was racing inside his chest. He was so nervous that he thought he would pass out then and there. His palms were sweaty and his skin was turning pale. If he wasn't careful he might share more than he wanted to and end up throwing up on her feet. He took in a deep breath and bit into his lip. "Alright, so here goes." He let out a sigh and took a step towards her. The reason he had asked her to the dance. The the reason he was upset that she ditched him for Zi. All of the reasons he had were because he had been pining for her since he was thirteen years old.

He calmed his nerves by taking in a few breaths and then nodding to himself. "Alright, so the reason I got offended, the whole truth of it is." He paused and swallowed hard. "I asked you to the party because I like you." He choked slightly and cleared his throat to start again. "And I don't mean in that, haha we are best friends sort of way. I mean, well to be honest with you Rose, I have been in love with you since we were kids. I know that you don't have the same thoughts and feelings for me. You'd rather be with someone like Conall, or Zi. But I had hoped that if you had seen me out, you know dancing and being a gentleman, well that might have changed. But I see now that you're out of league. I just wanted you to know that I do love you. I love you more than I ever thought I could. You're not just my best friend Rosaline, you make my life worth living." He sighed and looked down at his feet.

He took a step back and ran a nervous hand through his hair. He looked up from his shoes at her. "Say something...Anything."

Rosaline Bane [ Death Eater ]
1948 Posts  •  21  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Lisa
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • "You say I'm wearing too much black but all I hear is I look great."
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Wales World Cup Fan Rich Family Member Holyhead Harpies Fan This character is a current/former Death Eater. Influential Family Member Second Level of Potion Masters Guild "They picked our brains and we liked it."
Re: I didn't want to hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry [Cabhan]
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:21:54 AM »
Rosaline immediately looked concerned when her friend's face began to pale. Was he feeling ill? She looked up at him, waiting patiently for him to speak. If he was feeling unwell, she was sure that she probably had some sort of a potion, in her bag, which would help him. If not, then there was always the school nurse, she supposed.

As he began to speak, his words hit her. He what? She wasn't sure how to react. A surge of various emotions hit her. Surprise, above all. She would have never expected this from him, though in hindsight she supposed that she had seen all of the signs. Guilt, for having carried on with Conall right in front of him; for having kissed Zachary in front of him. Frustration, both with herself and with him. Why hadn't he told her sooner? She wasn't sure what to do with this information. After all, he was still in school.

"Cabhan. Do not be silly. I am not out of your league in the least." She tilted her head a little, looking up at him and uncrossing her legs. "Why did you not tell me this sooner? I would have been much more careful not to hurt you, then. I... I would never blatantly disregard your feelings. I am not that cold."




Tags:
Tags: