"I think right now I'm more interested in actually watching the game and learning from it than buying into specific teams and paraphernalia and -- well, politics -- right now, but I've got no problem with your team. No qualms or anything. I like watching you play." She commented, responding to his question in as diplomatic a way she felt appropriate. Clem wasn't being dishonest; it was true that she didn't have a particularly favorite team at the moment. It bounced back and forth depending on who played the best and which teams had the players she liked most. An aspiring professional player herself, the Gryffindor felt it was important to pay attention to the real factors instead of bias that came from blind loyalty, heritage, or whatever else. Underdog supporters were huge in the Quidditch community -- take all of the fans of the Chudley Cannons, for example. Grim.
"I like to watch anyone better than me play, honestly. Good learning experience. Unless they're on another house team. That's ... difficult to bear with any shred of an ego I might have." That brought a smirk to her lips and her chocolate-brown eyes flitted across his face one more time, pausing in her verbage to gauge his reaction. The little blonde listened for a minute, paying attention to each thing he said. Strangely enough, she didn't feel like her heart was seizing talking to a famous Quidditch player -- it actually felt pretty normal. Kind of like he was someone she'd known for awhile, or a mentor that didn't get too ... teacher-y.
Her hand retreated into her pocket after the shake and she shrugged with one arm, rolling her eyes almost instinctively. "Yeah, well, wouldn't it be great to love playing a position that actually scores? I need a fast broom, one that'll get me from place to place, you know? Handling's not the most important. I can bring it to a halt quick enough if I need to. Beater's the perfect balance of offense and defense, though. Wouldn't trade that for anything." She sighed wistfully, niggling thought in the back of her consciousness choosing to point out that she'd already sighed several times in his presence. Clem didn't want to seem like a whiny brat. She just... had dreams, that was all. "It's nice to meetcha, Mason." She finished quickly, offering a genuine, soft smile to him.
Clementine's eyes had widened into shiny orbs before she'd truly had a chance to register what he'd said. Her jaw dropped a little bit and then immediately closed again, tiny clack inside her mouth sending a dull pain into her molars. Ow. Shock could do that to a person, she supposed. "Um ----" She shook her head, hands gesturing in front of her in aimless motions, and laughed in disbelief, finally making eye contact with Mason. "No way. You've got to be shitting -- I mean, joking me."