October 09, 2026, 03:53:37 PM

Author Topic:  somewhere over the rainbow [anwen]  (Read 1340 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sian Turner [ Inactive Character ]
770 Posts
  • "This is so awkward. I really want you to leave, but I don't know how to say it without sounding like a dick."
  • *
  • Trophy Closet
somewhere over the rainbow [anwen]
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
"There's gonna be games,"

It was cold, but Sian Turner was dressed comfortably. The tights on her legs, paired with the wool socks that came up to her knees, provided a warm, comfortable sort of feeling for the girl. "I heard there's also rides and a petting zoo, too," She told Anwen, who was accompanying the Gryffindor while she made her way to Hogsmeade. "Whatever there is, it'll probably be super fun. I went to this one caravan type thing when I was younger, and it was super fun, my dad took me and it was like, the only thing he'd ever done with me, but whatever." It wasn't hard to admit that James Turner wasn't the best father.

"Do you think they'll have skeeball? I love skeeball," Sian shoved her hands in her pockets as she continued walking towards the village. "I mean, it's a muggle game, you have to like, roll these balls into a uh," Sian used her hands to try and illustrate what she was talking about. "These holes and you get points and win." She explained. "I want elephant ears too," She continued on. "And strawberry shortcake, and popcorn, too."

As the two girls finally arrived at the outskirts of Hogsmeade, Sian slowed her walk. "Isn't it weird how like, muggles and wizards don't really have anything in common, at all, but like, we both have caravans and stuff? Like, we have fairs over in the muggle world, and you guys have fairs too - it's so weird, but it's honestly the coolest thing ever." It'd been six years since Sian figured out magic was real, but the fact that it was real never ceased to amaze the girl. It made life so much easier, honestly, and she really didn't understand why it wasn't shared with the muggle world. The more she thought about it, however, the more it made sense - muggles couldn't even really handle wage gaps without being crazy, let alone crazy cool magical abilities.

"Anyways," Sian smiled as she spotted the festivities set up around the village. "What do you want to do first?"

Anwen Sawyer [ Inactive Character ]
747 Posts  •  17  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Chrissy
  • *
  • *
  • "Oh my God, Sian, you can't just ask people why they're white!"
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Hogwarts House Cup (2000-2001) - Hufflepuff Participated at the Academy Athena July/August 2000 Middle Class Family Member Halfblood Character
Re: somewhere over the rainbow [anwen]
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:39:59 PM »
"Games....I like games. Oh! Do you think there will be music? I want to dance."

The weather was a little bitey but, Anwen didn't mind. She was bundled up and ready for the day of fun. Her jacket would keep her warm enough. But she had to do a little something to keep her, well the fun, upbeat Awnen that she was. So that morning, when Sian asked her to go the Caravan with her, she agreed. But the young woman decided to something cute and spent the first couple hours painting her face to look like a cat. So when Si said there would be a petting zoo, she nearly jumped three feet into the air. "You mean we can touch the animals!?" She squeed and grabbed her camera that rested around her neck. "I'm so glad I brought this! Maybe we can get pictures with the cute fluffy animals!" She smiled a little bit brighter before skipping a little higher. She couldn't wait to get to Hogsmead.

"Hmm...well we can always look." But to be honest, Awnen didn't think it sounded all that appealing. It sounded rather dull, but if Si liked it, she'd give it a chance. Then she spoke of Elephant ears, "Elephant ears!? Why would you want to eat the ear of an elephant!?" She pondered it for a moment, there had to be a reason why Sian was talking about eating elephant. It couldn't taste good, besides, why would someone kill a beautiful elephant just for its ear? "Oh, Strawberry shortcake sounds nice" She smiled and when the view of Hogsmead came into view, her heart took a full leap into her throat. It was breath taking. Even if it was just Hogsmead with a caravan.

Her eyes scanned the area as they got closer, everything was so beautiful and it all looked like so much fun. She bit her lip and took her camera p to her eye. She quickly snapped a few photos before looking to her friend. "I don't know! Oh, maybe we should go on a ride!" She looked at some of the rides and they all looked really fun, although she was a little nervous too. She'd never been on a ride like that so her heartbeat picked up slightly at the thought. However she wanted to have some fun so why not take a risk?!

Sian Turner [ Inactive Character ]
770 Posts
  • "This is so awkward. I really want you to leave, but I don't know how to say it without sounding like a dick."
  • *
  • Trophy Closet
Re: somewhere over the rainbow [anwen]
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
"I think we can touch the animals." Sian laughed, smiling over at Anwen. "It's called a petting zoo for a reason, Sawyer," The blonde joked, bumping into her brunette friend as they continued to walk. "Are you gonna take pictures of me? I'm a great model. I think I could be the best model in the wizarding world, if we're being completely honest here - I mean, look at me!" Si used her hands to make a faux portrait around her face, making different expressions as she did so, before breaking out into another fit of laughter.

At Anwen's comment about the elephant ears, Sian smiled. Wizards were so adorable, with their not knowing about anything good. "It's not an actual ear of an elephant." She explained. "It's like, this pastry... whatever, I don't know what it actually is, but it's like..." Sian paused, trying to remember the last time she'd had an elephant ear. "It's got cinnamon on it, and you can get like... whipped cream and maraschino cherries, those are really good." Sian's eyes stayed static on Anwen's face, a smile pulling across her own when she saw the younger girl's reaction to the village. It did look pretty cool, the sixteen year old supposed.

"We can go on a ride!" Sian threw her arm around Anwen, her eyes scanning the rides. "I wonder if they have roller coasters..." She trailed off. How exactly would those work, she wondered. They didn't have electricity, which meant that they didn't have anything to power them with. Sian didn't know if roller coasters in the muggle world existed before electricity, but she was willing to bet money that they didn't.

"Do you mind if we get ice cream, first? I hear a vanilla cone calling my name somewhere... I'll buy you one if you want." Her tone was hopeful as she looked over at Anwen, a smile on her face. "Please?"

Anwen Sawyer [ Inactive Character ]
747 Posts  •  17  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Chrissy
  • *
  • *
  • "Oh my God, Sian, you can't just ask people why they're white!"
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Trophy Closet Hogwarts House Cup (2000-2001) - Hufflepuff Participated at the Academy Athena July/August 2000 Middle Class Family Member Halfblood Character
Re: somewhere over the rainbow [anwen]
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »
She felt her heart leap into her throat. "OH! I want to touch them all, Sian!" She started jumping up as they walked towards the festival. "Yes, well I've never been to a petting zoo before. I mean, I've pet dogs and cats, but bigger animals! Oh Sian I'm so excited." She giggled and wanted so desperatly to grab Sian's hand. She wanted to skip the rest of the way there but that might have been a bit awkward. So instead sh shrugged at her question. "if you think so, then yes. I plan on taking all the pictures I can! Maybe we can ride a horse!!!!" She squeed slightly and bit into her lip as Sian said she was the best model. "You are pretty gorgeous!!" She smiled and nodded quickly.

"Pastry....?" She blushed at the explanation. "Oh, well that makes more sense then." She laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "Uh...No whipped cream for me." She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "But that sounds good, we can do cherries, maybe half whipped cream!" She grinned and stopped dead in her tracks when the village came into view. "It's soooo pretty...." She looked at Sian. "Not as pretty as you of course." She giggled and this time she did grab the girls hand. "Come on there is so much to do!"

"Okay, you've done this before. I'll follow your lead." She leaned into Sian and smiled up at her. "So where do we start?" She looked around the area and then looked back Sian. She wasn't really sure where to start. She bit into her lip and titled her head.

She looked up at Sian and shrugged. "I uh...if they have Soy cones sure." She smiled and couldn't resit Sian's cute little smile. "Alright, sure, ice cream first." She grinned and started walking towards the center of the festival.

Tags:
Tags: