Now he was conscious, of not yet fully awake, Hunter got a better look at the newcomer and felt a small jolt of shock. This was no adult, but a boy of...sixteen? Fifteen? Probably not old enough to even drink, yet. Hunter was about to lie and claim that he had meant butterbeer when the boy said he was heading to the Three Broomsticks. Okay, so maybe someone like him, who looked younger than he was. Even now, at the grand age of twenty four, Hunter was often asked for ID both in wizard and muggle bars, so he could understand that particular frustration. He struggled to his feet, brushing the dirt from his clothes; while the remaining two rats jumped to the ground and went to join their companions.
"Yeah, they're mine. Born and raised in London, bless 'em. That one there's Flea, and the one doing the somersaults is Trilo, and..." he was cut off with a bunch of other questions that, far from annoying his hungover brain made him grin. A lot of people didn't like rats, but this lad seemed positively delighted. He rubbed a slightly grubby hand over his face while he gathered his thoughts. Now he was standing, the headache was worse, but that was nothing a drink and a decent fry-up wouldn't cure. A soft drink, he told himself now he was coherent. A good strong cup of tea or something. "Naah, not magical. And no charms, just training. Not really by me, though. I've had rats since I was a kid. Lived in squats, so not surprising my first pet was a rat. Probably a sewer rat, though she came into our house and sat on my sleeping bag one night. Gave her a bit of chocolate and she decided to stay. She was a brainy one, was Jacko the First. I taught her a few tricks, then after a few months she goes off and I'm gutted, think that's it, but she comes back with a fat belly and suddenly I've got six rats instead of one. Two of them stuck with me, the rest decided they wanted to be wild and...yeah" Hunter suddenly realised he was telling half his life story to a total stranger " Anyway, these guys are her great great great great...something...grandkids. They know my command words, but the younger ones pretty much learn from their parents and cousins. Except when one of them comes up with a new trick. Now that's cool. Intelligent guys, rats." he grinned.
"Anyway. Guess I don't really want any more beer." he shrugged ruefully " But breakfast would be good. The Three Broomsticks used to do a great Full English last time I was here. Want to join me and talk about rats some more?" Hunter glanced around and spotted a water pump a little way up the street. Pumping out some water, he stuck his hands under and washed them, then splashed water on his face, then turned back to his new friend "What d'you reckon? They going to let me in?" Then, belatedly he thought to ask "What's your name, by the way?"
[I am so, SO sorry for the horrendous wait on this. I really hope I won't take so long again because this is such a fun thread xD]