September 30, 2026, 03:33:28 PM

Author Topic:  Posting in Colour  (Read 1751 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kayleigh Walters [ Inactive Character ]
14 Posts  •  15  •  Pansexual  •  played by Melanie
Posting in Colour
« on: July 27, 2016, 01:22:22 AM »
Hi! Just a quick question. On forums, I'm normally used to posting replies in colour; that is to say, each of my characters have a specific colour tag I use (Kayle's is #9966FF). Is that allowed here, or must posts only be in original text colour (i.e. white)?

Thanks! :)

Nala Jauregi [ Inactive Character ]
1721 Posts  •  19  •  heterosexual  •  played by tori
Re: Posting in Colour
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:12:52 AM »
hey there! im tori, one of the admins here.

we don't have any rules against posting in color, i don't think, but we strongly prefer that you post in the original color! we have several different themes here on mh that our members like to use, so your color might blend in too much with one of them. in addition to this, some of our members can't look at bright colors because it hurts their eyes.

welcome to mh!
AND  I  L O V E  THE  H O U S E  THAT  WE  L I V E  IN.

AND  I  L O V E  YOU  A L L  TOO  M U C H

Kayleigh Walters [ Inactive Character ]
14 Posts  •  15  •  Pansexual  •  played by Melanie
Re: Posting in Colour
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:14:47 AM »
Ahhh, okay, fair enough! Is this considered bright? :) I'll stick to the original colour. Thank you! :D

Tori Cooper [ Inactive Character ]
231 Posts  •  12  •  Hetrosexual  •  played by Georgia
Re: Posting in Colour
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:47:36 AM »
*pops in*

From the rules and regulations topic:

Quote
17.) Please do not use colors in your posts, such as red or yellow.


*pops out*

Alvin Hadditch [ Quidditch Player ]
1251 Posts  •  18  •  Straight  •  played by Castor
Re: Posting in Colour
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 05:31:10 AM »
@Kayleigh Walters  To confirm, it is against the rules, as posted by Georgia - this is for the reasons Tori mentioned about blending in with admin fonts and being hard on the eyes.

Keela Doyle [ Quidditch Player ]
1389 Posts  •  19  •  heterosexual  •  she/her  •  played by Olivia
Re: Posting in Colour
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 06:14:07 AM »
I have specific colors for all of my characters, too! =]
As everyone has already said, we don't use colored text in our posts, but there are plenty of ways to incorporate it: in my signatures the lyrics are in that character's color, in my sandbox and shipper each character's name with their doll is in their color, etc. ^^
|| pinterest | journal | vannah . emily | Anni '16 . Halloween '16 . Anni '18 #1 . Anni '18 #2 . Anni '19 ||

long live the reckless and the brave . I don't think I wanna be saved . my song has not been sung . so, long live us

Tags:
Tags: