Author Topic:  How to Care Less | Leo & Kostas  (Read 225 times)

20 Posts 15 bi-allosexual he/him/his played by Taed
How to Care Less | Leo & Kostas
« on: January 04, 2024, 10:12:49 AM »
durmstrang grounds | sunday 25 september 2005
“The only way I could care less about what you're talking about is if you keep talking.”
Brian Clevinger, 8-Bit Theater

Sunday morning at Durmstrang brought a crisp breeze and the lingering excitement of yesterday's House Quidditch team tryouts. Leo Lizdeikaitis, having overseen the trials, was making his way across the Quidditch pitch, his thoughts still lingering on the potential candidates for Klyk Vampira. The sun cast a warm glow on the grass, and the air hummed with the promise of another day at the institute.

As he strolled across the open space, thoughts of forming the strongest team consumed his mind. It was a challenge, actually... he'd had a fair number of fellow students trying out, and most of them were "good," but not "great" with the exception of like four or five. So instead of having a stellar team, he had to try to have a strong team whose strengths and weaknesses were well-balanced. That took more serious, mature thought.

As he walked, he casually looked around and saw other students hanging out, even a few on broomsticks just playing a lax game of monkey in the middle. But as he reached the far end of the lawn, his focus abruptly shifted as he spotted a familiar silhouette soaring through the sky on a broom. And by "soaring," he meant showcasing some remarkable talent, clear direction and impressive dexterity and speed. Leo squinted in confusion and uncertainty. That was... that couldn't be... Kostas?

The bewilderment on Leo's face was unmistakable as he muttered to himself, "Where were you yesterday?" Then, suddenly feeling especially irritated, he decided to ask him in person and started waving his arms to get Kostas' attention. The Greek boy was high enough in the sky that he wouldn't hear Leo call for him, and Leo's broom was in the locker room.

52 Posts Sixteen Queer He/him played by
lwineah
  • Naked, covered in ram's blood, drinking a coke and feeling pretty good
  • trophy closet
  • Durmstrang Chip Contest (2004-2005) - Klyk Vampira Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
Re: How to Care Less | Leo & Kostas
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 03:03:34 PM »
As Konstantinos soared through the sky, the wind caressing his face and ruffling his hair, he felt a sense of liberation that only came with flying. Whenever he sat down onto a broom, any remaining ties to the Earth beneath him felt like they had disappeared. The ground below was a distant thought. In some ways flying was an escape for him—it used to be especially when he was a kid, whenever things at home got particularly bad. He used to sneak out of the house and fly around the land, ignoring his aching body.

Quidditch was also something he enjoyed immensely. He often played with the kids from his neighbourhood back in Greece—here he usually did so with Atreus and a few people he tolerated or liked, like Kanat. He did not particularly enjoy the thought of going professional, despite being aware he was a pretty good player, and therefore never considered taking Quidditch particularly seriously.

At first, Konstantinos did not see Leo waving at him. He zig zagged a little in the air, drawing his broom a little higher and then swooping down again. He gave a sharp turn and saw something in the corner of his eye, turning his head. He recognised Leo almost immediately due to his light hair and considered for a moment, if he should ignore the other boy or not. He wasn’t completely sure why the other was trying to get his attention but he had a hunch. He was aware that Lizdeikaitis was the Quidditch captain.

Of course, Konstantinos had known about the date of the tryouts for the Klyk Vampira’s Quidditch team. It was practically impossible not to, one could hear it at every other corner—meanwhile Atreus rolled his eyes alongside him. His brother was also pretty good on a broom but his colour blindness made things a bit harder on him sometimes; not that Atreus was interested in playing on a team either. Konstantinos wasn’t against playing on a house team just as much as it never particularly interested him. He did come to watch their matches sometimes, but that wasn’t a rule either—Quidditch often made for a good time to sneak around, since the school was much emptier.

In the end, it was only because of their recent interaction, Konstantinos decided to respond to Leo trying to get his attention. Instead of leading his broom smoothly towards the ground like any other person, however, Konstantinos directed it right towards the ground at a sharp degree and dropped down like a hawk seeing a particularly tasty mouse—the mouse in question being the one who had willingly called for his attention by his little performance. He straightened up his broom just in time to prevent becoming a splat on the ground and then slid off with ease, taking a few steps closer to the Lithuanian boy once his feet were firm on the ground. “You looked like you were trying to flag down a passing ship,” he greeted, lips spreading into an amused smirk. “Ya waving at me?”

@Juliet just cuz of mentions of Atreus lol

You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you

I broke apart my insides, I've got no soul to sell, my whole existence is flawed and you get me closer to God

20 Posts 15 bi-allosexual he/him/his played by Taed
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 07:33:17 AM »
It took a moment but Kostas did eventually notice Leo’s waving, and – in what Leo was discovering was a very typical fashion – veered directly down toward Leo, as if going to collide with him. This version of playing chicken had become their normal, and Leo had just seen several casual displays of agility and speed, so Leo didn’t move at all, trusting that Kostas was going to catch himself before they actually collided.

His faith was well placed - Kostas pulled up in a variation of the Wronski Feint and slid off in a fluid motion, walking towards him. In spite of himself Leo smiled at the showing-off.

“Man, Kostas, you love trying to get my goat don’t you,” he laughed lightly. “As if I’d move away from the possibility of you slamming into me,” he added teasingly, but then remembered what he had been on about and why he was flagging down the other boy in the first place.

“Pretty sure I don’t have to tell you that you have some sick moves on that broom,” he started, “so how on earth have I not seen you fly before? And *why* in Gėrontys’ Abyss weren’t you at the tryouts yesterday?” He wasn’t mad, exactly, but… damn, they could really use a flyer like Kostas on the team this year.

52 Posts Sixteen Queer He/him played by
lwineah
  • Naked, covered in ram's blood, drinking a coke and feeling pretty good
  • trophy closet
  • Durmstrang Chip Contest (2004-2005) - Klyk Vampira Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 02:54:06 PM »
Konstantinos had a mirroring smile graze his lips as he walked close enough to Leo for them to lead a comfortable conversation. He locked their eyes, not shy or sporadic about eye contact. His hair was a bit in dissaray due to the wind, but his robes returned into a presentable form without an issue.

"Well, I'm sure the possibility would have gotten spoiled by the fact you would have gotten injured if I had slammed into you at that speed, μικρός σιδερένιος λύκος μου." He slipped into Greek at the end, a sort of an endearment he had been playing around with inside his head. It seemed fun, considering how their conversation back in that classroom had started a few days back. This was the first time he had decided to use it, and he had a little smirk curling his lips as his accent switched to a something more comfortable in his mother tongue. If Leo would understand, well that depended on his linguistic knowledge, he supposed, or he could always look it up later and be surprised. "Although, who am I to judge your kinks and masochistic tendencies?" The Klyk Vampira added in a low, amused rumble, tongue as sharp and shameless as always.

"Suppose, I am decent," he agreed, shrugging, keeping his tone neutral enough for it to be hard to distinguish if he was purposely playing it down or if he was being humble. "There's a modest quantity of students I fly or play Quidditch with in my free time, and they are not as zealous about my flying abilities to tattle about it left and right. My brother and Kanat are my staples." From what he knew, Kanat was now on the team, which left Konstantinos unsire, if it meant same or less time playing around together since Kanat would be flooded with some trainings for sure.

"I've never harbored a significant inclination towards joining the team. My sentiments towards it aren't piping hot, to say the least. Quidditch is also an ardent time for some much needed privacy in case of my practices, should I ever need it." He chuckled.

While Leo hadn't said out loud anything about wanting him on the team, Konstantinos could read the mood clear enough, able to guess the general direction of Leo's thoughts in the line of his questioning. "Aren't there enough people interested in a spot on the team?" He asked, curious. He hadn't thought it mattered much, if there was one person less at the tryouts. "Or perhaps," he gave a wicked grin, "you're just eager to get me to spend more time around you, Captain Lizdeikaitis." He was teasing, but it was said in a suggestive manner as well.

*translated as: my little iron wolf
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:05:15 PM by lwineah »
You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you

I broke apart my insides, I've got no soul to sell, my whole existence is flawed and you get me closer to God

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal