Author Topic:  🫀 Another cog in the murder machine [Cezary]  (Read 200 times)

52 Posts Sixteen Queer He/him played by
lwineah
  • Naked, covered in ram's blood, drinking a coke and feeling pretty good
  • trophy closet
  • Durmstrang Chip Contest (2004-2005) - Klyk Vampira Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
🫀 Another cog in the murder machine [Cezary]
« on: March 13, 2024, 03:16:30 PM »
@Cezary Kowalczyk; Edinburgh, Scotland; 5th August 2005
I know what you’re doing here, made your intentions clear,
Oh you, you terrible thing, you, terrible thing, you,
terrible thing, you, beautiful thing

Konstantinos clutched a blood amulet in one of his hands, tucked within a pocket inside his robes. In his other hand he held a small piece of parchment with a written address and name of an establishment he was looking for—Charon Mortuaries. Right beneath that was the name of a man he was looking for—Damian Smith aka Cezary Kowalczyk. Clever, if a little obvious. He did not have any actual business with the man’s official occupation, no (for now), he was more interested in the amulets he had bought from an anonymous maker. They were of fine quality (even Jeffrey had said so) and Konstantinos wanted to get his hands on the maker. Sure, he could have bought however many he wanted, but what he was after was the source (much more convenient) and the knowledge (he wanted to be able to make them himself).

He ended up contacting Christoph who shuffled him towards another man named Valerian Reed. Konstantinos had been rather shocked with how fast he’d gotten the information he was looking for, which led him to this moment. He pushed the door to the Mortuary open and stepped in. He was actually aware of the establishment—they were involved with their family. He was not yet of age and did not have all the details, but he could swear he remembered something about an unpaid debt. He’s heard from the ghost within their manor plenty about the debt collecting business of their family.

His eyes landed on a very tall and handsome man. He wondered briefly, if he would be able to reach close to the other man’s height one day. He was currently six feet (had shot up taller over the summer again) and wasn’t showing signs of his growth slowing down just yet. He was already quite tall for his age, and wasn’t used to looking up at fellow students, but he remained unphased in the face of this change. Was this Cezary?

“I’m looking for Cezary Kowalczyk,” he said, his gaze pointed, curious and locking right onto the other’s eyes with confidence. Konstantinos was dressed in black expensive robes, rings (along with the family’s hereditary one) glinting on his fingers. He was tanned from the summer heat—a mix of a dark and warm aura surrounding him. He certainly stood out from the greyish backdrop of the day’s gloomy and wet weather (so unlike Greece). He spoke in English but there was a slight accent to his words. 

Next, he brought out the amulet he had been carrying inside his pocket, letting it dangle between his fingers, while tilting his head a little. “I would like to learn the process of creation for these. They are of exquisite quality.” He spoke, getting right to the core of his business, lips spreading into a wolfish grin.
You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you

I broke apart my insides, I've got no soul to sell, my whole existence is flawed and you get me closer to God

63 Posts Thirty Pansexual He/Him played by Dylan
  • What did stalkers do before the internet?
  • trophy closet
  • Happy pride! Alla's pet skeleton - Burmin Emily's admin badge Amethyst Matryoshka Sapphire Matryoshka Castor's admin badge Pureblood Character Second Level of Potion Masters Guild
Re: 🫀 Another cog in the murder machine [Cezary]
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 03:07:58 AM »
Cezary loved his job, but sometimes actually doing the job was wildly inconvenient. Sure, the artistic flying season had ended and therefore he had no real events to fill his time, but there were still some matters he wanted to attend to. Some of these involved Aglaya, as did many of the things Cezary did, but some did not. He had some private work he wanted to get to, but the dead waited for no one. If Cezary wasn’t quick enough about beginning the embalming process, the smell would set in, and it was a difficult one to get out of the nose—even the faintest scent of decay was very noticeable to Cezary, who was quite sensorily sensitive.

He had been all but completely cleared of suspicion in his late wife’s murder, which was good, but it still occupied the mind that there was such an uproar at her death, and the prior death of that girl, Polina (if that was the correct name). Cezary had planned Sveta’s death for a long while, the method and the disposal. She was meant to be found, which was the only reason she was. Cezary was skilled with hiding bodies and to this day none he had not intended to be found had been found. However, Polina’s death was not at all planned. While he had impulsively left her body easily found to show Aglaya how much her health meant to him, and how little he valued the lives of others, he had not expected that to get nearly as much attention as it had gotten and he was still kicking himself a bit for his hotheaded angry reaction. He felt no guilt in the girl’s murder, but did feel a bit disappointed in his lack of self-control. She had not even been a fun kill, all things considered. She had cried a lot and offered him a lot of money. It was pathetic, really.

Sveta, on the other hand, Cezary had been eager to dispose of. She had been a thorn in his side for far too long. He knew full well her death would make waves, though the amount and intensity of these waves had been underestimated. There were conspiracy theories all over the place, some even that made Aglaya seem suspect. A small part of Cezary worried for her, but a larger part thought that it served her right for the imagined slight against him he felt Aglaya had left. When she had visited him, as her cousin’s widower, she had been less than forthcoming and friendly, and he was perturbed she had not yet fallen into his arms for comfort, or to comfort him. He had anticipated it working that way. Them, bonding in their ‘grief’ and getting him to a place where he might be able to someday be with her, as Cezary.

He rather liked that she was suspect, though. He was a bit angry with her lately and felt as though she was communicating with him with her performances. He poured over the details, looking for easter eggs, though her last performance carried none he could pick out. Had she forgotten him? Her true love? The one who would have done anything and everything for her? He deserved better than her, but he was rather ill with lovesickness at the moment and couldn’t think past his infatuation with the version of Aglaya in his mind. Sometimes he wondered if he truly loved her, or if she was an excuse for cruelty. He admittedly enjoyed it a bit when she didn’t like his morbid gifts. Like or not, she had been affected by it and would remember it forever. Even so, he realized he had killed more, hurt more, and destroyed more lives recently than he ever had before. It was a little addictive, and that scared him. He couldn’t get caught, and he wouldn’t necessarily want to be a slave to his dark passenger.

No, Cezary could control himself, he assured his own mind. So, today, he was at work. There was something beautiful about a pristine, cleaned, embalmed body. No smell, no strange bodily fluids, just cold, still flesh. That, and he had been the one to drain the blood so there was plenty of blood on hand (always) for use in rituals and amulets.

He glanced up when the boy entered. While Kostas was young, he did not appear underage to Cezary. If Cezary guessed, with his height and build in consideration, he would have suspected twenty. He was handsome, which Cezary noticed, with tanned skin. Cezary’s own skin was olive and tanned well, and somehow this made him feel a slight kinship for no other reason. He could sense the Mediterranean heritage, both in looks and accent. Cezary had always suspected that his mother’s side of the family (the olive-skinned side) had Mediterranean roots. He wondered what ethnicity he was but realized it mattered not. Both were foreigners here, and neither spoke English as a first language. Cezary’s Polish accent was still profound even after years of living in the United Kingdom.

“Who is asking?” He asked inquisitively. When the other produced the amulet, Cezary couldn’t hide the slight widening of his eyes. How did he know that Cezary Kowalczyk had been the creator of that amulet, and how could he stop anyone else from knowing. Would he need to kill this handsome boy? He hoped not. He was already predisposed to like him, especially after the compliment on his work.

“That’s an interesting artifact.” Cezary mentioned casually. “Unfortunately, this is a funeral home morgue.” He explained gently. “I am Cezary,” he admitted. “But I am a morbiwizard and an embalmer, not a craftsman. I don’t think I can offer you the answers you’re seeking.” A pause. “How did you even get in here?”

one more day like today and i'll kill you

a desire for flesh and real blood

52 Posts Sixteen Queer He/him played by
lwineah
  • Naked, covered in ram's blood, drinking a coke and feeling pretty good
  • trophy closet
  • Durmstrang Chip Contest (2004-2005) - Klyk Vampira Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 01:34:35 PM »
Now, Konstantinos had no way of knowing that the culprit of both artistic flyer's murders was in front of him, of course. This wasn't relevant to his visit, and the boy didn't see it as important. Although, he had been following paper trails since the first murder and found it both terribly boring and amusing. He was aware that Cezary was the husband to the most recent victim, he had seen his name mentioned in the newspaper before he'd gotten the intel on the maker he had been looking for. Wasn't it curious that the same man turned out to be the creator of these blood amulets? Not to mention he worked with dead bodies on the daily?

If Konstantinos had been the one cracking the case, he would have paid Cezary much more attention than bland Aglaya-whatever-was-her-last-name whom many more took as the prime suspect. In most murder's cases, it was the loved ones who did it, anyway, although that made Cezary's motivation for murdering Polina weak, since there was not much of a seeming connection. Unless she had been his secret lover or something. Regardless of Konstantinos' thoughts on the case, it's been months since the first murder without any new developments (besides more bodies), so clearly, whoever was leading the investigation was incompetent.

Konstantinos had more interest in blood magic and wondrous creations than whatever drama had gone down in the artisitc flying world. In the end he was more curious about the stories than anything substantial about it. Sure, his curiosity had been piqued, but his aunt ended up satisfying that quirk by discussing some of her theories surrounding the victims and potential ways they could have been murdered. Being a forensic pathologist and a morbiwitch, Desdemona always had some wild stories (or theories) and Konstantinos liked listening to them and discussing them with her. She had a briliant mind he liked to pick apart and he felt that it was mutual. Out of his adult relatives, he probably had the closest to her, although he turned out to like Adonis just fine too. Although, it wasn't very hard to be a step up from their biological parents. 

Konstantinos did not hide the fact he had noticed how the man's eyes widened when he saw the blood amulet presented to him. Got you. A wicked smile spread over the boy's lips, he was quite pleased. This was a terrific and delightful find. It did not hurt that Cezary was also easy on the eyes.

He was quite confident that Cezary would know his family name once he introduced himself. Perhaps more than just know. Krizanić were an old family in the wizarding community in the Europe. They were well-known, wealthy, powerful and had a lot of mysterious rumours to them. To certain people, he supposed, they were an atttractive curosity. "I know. Charon Mortuaries. It's owned by the Reed family, isn't it? Although I believe my family owns about twenty-five to fifty percent through shares." He tilted his head a little, his smile spreading wider over his lips not unlike a mischiveous black-devil cat who just got the canary cornered.

"It sure is, isn't it?" He chuckled, eyes sliding from the amulet back to lock with Cezary's eyes, "let me cut the illusory tactic of yours short. Being vague and trying to obfuscate or smokescreen with me is not going to work. Why not a morbiwizard, embalmer and a craftsman? I know you're the one who makes these, Cezary Kowalczyk," he spoke the name with a special care, a tinge of something rapturous and deep in his tone of voice. "I got the information from an impeccably reliable source." He purred, dark eyes twinkling with excitement.

He shifted forward, feet barely making any sound, and stopped in front of Cezary, the front desk the only thing between them. Then he pulled out the enchanted piece of parchment, looking at it again, "I got here your alias, your actual name, workplace and the address of your flat. However," and here he looked back at Cezary, leaning a little closer over the countertop, "I figured here would be the most comfortable to approach you for the both of us." He slid the offending piece back into the billow of his robe and straightened back up. 

"Plus," he let his eyes wander over the man's figure (of what he could see) for a moment, taking in the details of his clothes and visage, while nudging, brushing, nibbling his magic against Cezary's with a smile, "now that I have you in front of me, I can tell that the magic lingering in these amulets is yours. It feels, tastes identical, only diluted by whatever blood you used to make these. I can also tell this is human blood, although I don't think it's yours, too precious of a resource." He told him, throwing a few more coins in to stir the pot. The Krizanić were often born with good magical sensitivity, able to sense differencies within magics. Konstantinos' had always been high and he was able to tell apart certain things intuitively. He had a theory that this had over-developed during his early years to be able to recognise when his father was around before he entered the room. Since then he had learnt that people's magic's had a unique feeling to it, the more powerful the individual, the stronger it usually got, the easier it was to recognise. "If you're worried about your identity being linked with these, you don't have to. That's not my intention." He assured him.

"The name's Konstantinos Krizanić, by the way." In this life, in this body, he added in his mind, amused. He liked his name and his identity for sure, but sometimes he didn't feel too attached to it, other times it's what pushed him through, particularly when he used to be plaqued by nightmares of his father. He knew Atreus still had them, Konstantinos often talked him through whatever panic he found himself in after waking up. It made him so angry, like little else could. Angry at their dead father, angry at their addict of a mother. She felt like a tether to Atreus' trauma, reviving it whenever they came back home for the summer, preventing the boy from making more progress to get better. Sure, she was so out of it nowadays that she was passive, but Konstantinos didn't forget she was far from innocent of the same transgressions as their father, even if his treatment had been much worse. He would never forgive anyone who hurt his brother.

"I walked, used my legs and arms to open the door and everything," he deadpanned, when asked how he got here, but he sounded rather amused.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 01:39:39 PM by lwineah »
You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you

I broke apart my insides, I've got no soul to sell, my whole existence is flawed and you get me closer to God

63 Posts Thirty Pansexual He/Him played by Dylan
  • What did stalkers do before the internet?
  • trophy closet
  • Happy pride! Alla's pet skeleton - Burmin Emily's admin badge Amethyst Matryoshka Sapphire Matryoshka Castor's admin badge Pureblood Character Second Level of Potion Masters Guild
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 04:03:19 PM »
Cezary did indeed recognize the man’s surname, but that was about as far as he went through knowing him. He recognized the family as a sort of ‘big deal’ in the Durmstrang area and even beyond, but the Kowalczyks were likewise influential within their sphere. Perhaps benign related to a Polish minister of Magic was not the same as what the Krizancs were up to, but he felt a bit like the boy was trying to intimidate him with his surname, and that would not work. What did intimidate him, however, was the way he cut Cezary’s smokescreen off mid-sentence. What sort of reliable source did he have? Cezary supposed the blood amulets, while darker magic, were not necessarily illegal so it wouldn’t hurt to tell him…. Maybe in exchange for finding out where he got that information from.

He paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts. “Well, you’ve certainly done your homework, or paid someone else to do it, I’m sure. I’d be happy to learn about your reliable source, though. It’s not something I am keen on sharing with anyone, especially if I didn’t tell them.” He said, his voice dryer now, and less friendly.

“I can help you, though. Are you looking for something in particular? Or are you simply curious as to how to craft something of that nature?” He asked. “I sell most anything you can think of, around that genre, for a price.” He admitted. “Sometimes money, sometimes information. I would much rather know how to prevent anyone else coming into my workplace than get rich on this deal.” He admitted.

one more day like today and i'll kill you

a desire for flesh and real blood

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal