Author Topic:  worlds apart | magnolia  (Read 2797 times)

499 Posts 17
Re: worlds apart | magnolia
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2023, 05:10:18 PM »
Magnolia’s laughter pulled the smirk right off Isaac’s lips, his face a mixture of amusement and slight bewilderment. He leaned closer, his grip on her hand tightening, playfully matching her eye roll. “Matching tattoos, huh? Now I know you're crazy.” He quipped; his tone laced with a hint of sarcasm. The idea struck him as simultaneously ridiculous and oddly endearing, a testament to the peculiar dynamics of their relationship.

Isaac’s eyes flickered with mischief as Magnolia asked if she could keep his hoodie. As always, he feigned indifference and shrugged his shoulders, but the corners of his mouth twitched with a suppressed smile. “Sure, keep the hoodie. Just don’t go parading it around like some prized possession,” he replied, teasingly. Deep down, though he’d never say it aloud, there was a certain satisfaction knowing she wanted a tangible memento of their relationship.

“How about... we just start small,” he offered, knowing he’d signed up for more than he planned to, just by extending what he thought was a simple invite. “I need a new potions book,” he added. When he’d finished eating, Isaac tossed the remnants of his food into the park’s rubbish bin. The bag hit the rim, falling mostly into the can, but a few French fries fell onto the ground. Isaac didn’t pick them up. “I can apparate us,” he said, reminding her that he was old enough (again).

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2023, 10:55:29 AM »
Magnolia's laughter bubbled up, mingling with a hint of incredulity as Isaac reacted to her proposition of matching tattoos. She leaned in closer, a mischievous glimmer in her eyes. "Crazy is just another word for fun, innit?" she retorted with a playful smirk, her voice filled with light-hearted banter. "Imagine the stories we'd have to tell, though," she considered. It would at least be a fun story to tell her friends.

As Isaac teased her about keeping his hoodie, Magnolia grinned and playfully nudged him. "Oh, don't worry, I won't parade it around town. Can't have all the girls at school swooning over your hoodie," she replied, her tone dripping with playful affection. Deep down, she cherished the thought of having something tangible to hold onto, a symbol of their connection. Not that it helped that Isaac had ridiculously comfortable clothing. A far cry from the crazy things Magnolia had worn in the name of fashion.

Isaac's suggestion of starting small made her raise an eyebrow, intrigued by his sudden openness to the idea. "A potions book, huh? That's a start, alright," she responded, her voice filled with a mixture of curiosity and anticipation. "I s'pose I could use one of those, too. I've been looking for a beauty potions book; think we can stop by the Lovecraft Apothecary while we're out and about?" she offered. Not sure if he'd be the type of boyfriend to go beauty potion shopping with her, but at least he'd indulge her this one time if she was in search of a book.

As he discarded the remnants of their meal, leaving a few French fries on the ground, Magnolia's playful smirk turned into a mock expression of disapproval. "Oi, you missed a few chips there, mate," she said, feigning a scolding tone. "But alright, you've got the apparition skills, Mr. I'm-so-grown-up-now. Lead the way!"

With a playful glint in her eyes, Magnolia linked her arm with Isaac's, ready to embrace the adventure ahead.

499 Posts 17
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2023, 11:34:19 AM »
Isaac chuckled softly at Magnolia's response, genuinely finding her to be one of the most captivating individuals he had ever encountered. She had a way of blurring the lines between crazy and fun, making each moment with her an exhilarating adventure. The notion of getting matching tattoos fell firmly into the realm of craziness, at least for the present. Yet, buried in the depths of his mind, a quiet voice acknowledged that the idea held a peculiar allure. It whispered permanence, of something meaningful etched into his skin—a notion that resonated with him on some profound level.

Although Magnolia promised not to flaunt his sweatshirt, Isaac couldn't help but raise an eyebrow skeptically. He knew that he would never see it again. Resigned to that fate, he let out a sigh. He had another hoodie, and he rather liked seeing Magnolia wearing it, so he didn't mind too much.

When the topic shifted to potions books, Isaac gave her a quizzical look, ready to question why she needed one. However, before he could voice his query, she clarified that she required a beauty potions book. Understanding dawned upon him, accompanied by the sudden realization of where she wanted him to go with her. "Oh," he responded, his tone reflecting both comprehension and a touch of discouragement. Her request for him to accompany her to the apothecary caused a momentary hesitance. Isaac, attempting to maintain a facade of coolness, didn't particularly relish the idea of being in a beauty shop.

However, in an effort to be accommodating, he mustered a half-hearted agreement. "Uh, sure, yeah," he muttered, not quite concealing his reluctance beneath a nonchalant exterior.

As Isaac observed the mess he had made, he shrugged indifferently, dismissing any notion of cleaning it up. Instead, he reached for Magnolia's hand when she urged him to lead the way. With their arms linked, an unspoken connection forming between them, Isaac focused his mind on the desired destination. And with a swift motion, he apparated them both to the bustling entrance of Diagon Alley, "Where first?"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 11:34:38 AM by samm »

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2023, 04:57:06 PM »
Nola let out a soft giggle as she watched Isaac's eyes light up with both disbelief and a peculiar intrigue at her proposition of matching tattoos. Her eyes twinkled with joy, her laughter adding a vivacious undertone to the bustling day around them. "That's the spirit, innit?" she beamed, her infectious excitement seeping into the air. "Only the best stories begin with a bit of madness."

His playful tease about her pilfering his hoodie only fuelled her merriment. "And what if they do swoon, Isaac?" she bantered back, a lightness in her tone as she nudged his side gently. His hoodie was the perfect blend of comfortable and endearing, a token of him that she couldn't help but cherish. It was a reminder of him, a piece of comfort she could wrap around herself when he wasn't near. And, she had to admit, she did enjoy the admiring glances it garnered her.

The conversation shifted to a slightly safer, more comfortable ground as Isaac suggested starting small - a potions book. "Textbooks, Isaac? Ugh--you're such a square," she added teasingly, affection obvious in her tone of voice. "I think I know just the place to find one and to find something for myself, too," she added, her mind already picturing the rustic, enchanted shelves of Lovecraft Apothecary. Would Isaac enjoy the scent of bottled magic and an ancient spellbook full of reverting skincare charms as much as she did? Only one way to find out.

Without a moment's hesitation, Nola looped her arm through Isaac's, her heart thrumming with anticipation. "First stop, Lovecraft Apothecary," she said, grinning up at him. "Ready to delve into the wonderful world of the potions that actually make a difference in this world, Mr. 'I'm-so-grown-up-now'?" Her voice was laced with good-natured teasing, her eyes gleaming with eagerness. With Isaac by her side, she was ready for whatever the day had in store for them.

499 Posts 17
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2023, 08:42:00 PM »
Magnolia called him a square again, and there was a time when that used to bother Isaac, but he had grown as a person since then, and he was well chuffed with who he was—hang on, nah, scratch that, it wasn't entirely true. "Whatever," he said scornfully, rolling his eyes at her. "I'd rather be a nerd than a loser," he explained. For Isaac, things like turning assignments in early and acing exams were a means to an end. They were his ticket out of the poverty and mediocrity he was born into. People didn't give a toss about poor kids in council housing unless they had a proper underdog story and smashing test scores to back it up.

Apparating had left him a bit wobbly; he was still getting the hang of the magic, especially with another person in tow. When Magnolia looped her arm with his, he felt his heart flutter slightly. He took a steadying breath, happy to be here, loving how close their bodies were, and ready to follow her anywhere at that moment. But then she described her first destination, and his rare breath of optimism vanished as quickly as it had come in. "Seriously?"

Isaac grumbled the entire walk to the apothecary and followed her inside. It was buzzing with activity, packed with students and adults alike, and he coughed at the onslaught of warring smells wafting toward him from a bubbling heart-shaped cauldron. Isaac could hardly identify the floral fragrances assaulting his senses, but if he could, he might have noticed the hints of lilac, peony, and… magnolia blossom.

"Make it quick," he muttered, not too thrilled about being surrounded by all that pink and glitter.

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2023, 08:55:06 PM »
Nola gave a hearty chuckle, the corners of her eyes crinkling with mischief. "'Ey now, Isaac!" she chided in her warm Kentish accent. "Don't be such a grumpy ol' gargoyle! It ain't that bad."

Her grin was wide, and her eyes were shining. Isaac's grumpiness was oddly endearing to her. "Y'know, y'being all gruff in a place like this... It's like a Pygmy Puff tryna act the big ol' dragon! Adorable, it is!" She took a moment to enjoy the colorful chaos of the apothecary, a stark contrast to Isaac's brooding demeanor. Turning back to him, she gave him an encouraging pat on the arm.

"C'mon, we won't be here long, I promise ya." She offered him a reassuring smile. "And there's stuff you'd like here, too. Look at that," she pointed over to a shelf that had a variety of Potion supplies. "They've got a neat collection of Potioneering books in the corner, not for sale but worth a look. Not everything here is just pink and sparkles, you know."

Giving his arm a light tug, she guided him toward the section she'd pointed out. He wasn't the type to enjoy browsing through a bustling shop, but she was glad he was willing to do it for her. She knew he'd come to appreciate these experiences they shared. After all, it wasn't just about the things they bought; it was about making memories. And she had a feeling that they'd both leave with something they'd remember for a long time.

499 Posts 17
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2023, 10:40:37 AM »
Isaac did not like being here. The shop was crowded by the doorway, the scents in the air were too heavy, and he knew there was probably a lot of glitter somewhere, ready to explode. But when Magnolia mentioned the potioneering books, his attitude visibly changed. He didn’t smile, but maybe, just maybe, the corners of his lips tugged slightly as Magnolia wrapped her arm in his and tugged him along.

Reaching the quietest corner in the shop, Isaac relaxed slightly. The atmosphere seemed to shift as he moved closer to Magnolia, eying the books on the shelf. He read the titles on the spines one by one, each tome bringing him closer to the witch next to him. Isaac’s arm brushed against hers as he reached for a book from the Middle Ages. Tugging it from the shelf, Isaac felt the magical tethering binding it to the apothecary pull tight. It must have been important if they had spells protecting it. He flipped through the pages, but with Magnolia standing next to him, he found it difficult to concentrate.

Returning the tome to the shelf, Isaac shifted to look at Magnolia. His eyes lingered on her lips for a moment longer than was strictly necessary, his gaze drawn to their softness and the slight sheen of lip gloss. Isaac didn’t want to shop, he didn’t like crowds, and he wasn’t interested in finding the deals, but he didn’t mind being here with her.

Isaac cleared his throat, “You know,” he began, his voice quieter than usual, “I guess this place doesn’t suck that much.” He took a step closer, his fingers unconsciously brushing against Magnolia’s arm.

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2023, 06:38:33 PM »
Okay, so it's not the worst place ever, right?" Nola said, catching Isaac's softer mood. "And hey, they've got some seriously cool stuff tucked away, not just, like, 'girly' things."Noticing how his fingers brushed against her arm, Nola felt a tiny thrill. "This is kinda fun, isn't it? Exploring new stuff together, I mean."

She made eye contact, then let her gaze wander briefly to his lips before returning to his eyes. "So, are we sticking around, or are you done nerding out over some old books for the day?"She gave his hand a quick squeeze, shooting him a smile that said she was cool with whatever he chose. For her, it wasn't just about the store or the magical trinkets; it was about being there, in that moment, together. "Plus there are some super cute glittery eye potions I've had my heart set on since yesterday and I'd love your opinion on it," she added with a grin, pointing in the direction of the stand in the corner which was surrounded by other teenaged girls.

499 Posts 17
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2023, 06:46:50 PM »
For a moment, Isaac thought maybe he could enjoy something about this store. That there was merchandise he might be interested in too. But then Magnolia mentioned glittery eye shadow, and his arm fell flat to his side again. He was still into the books, but first, he had to turn to give her a dramatic grimace. “Is that a trick question?” he asked, the scowl still forming on his face, “Because it one hundred percent feels like a trap…” Like if he said no, she’d be upset, but if he said yes, well, he’d never say yes, right? Because giving his opinion on sparkly makeup was so far outside the realm of things Isaac would do that it almost seemed comical.

Then again… he did like hanging out with her, and maybe he was starting to understand that sometimes it might be stuff like that. Girl stuff, witchy stuff, sparkles and clothing, and shit he didn’t care about, but knew she did. And maybe, just maybe he could deal with it for short—very brief—bursts of time. IF it made her happy, or whatever.

Isaac shrugged, “which way?” he asked, swallowing a little pride, but not bothering to hide the look of distress as she led him toward the cosmetics.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 06:48:03 PM by samm »

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2023, 06:32:27 PM »
Noticing Isaac's evident discomfort, Nola couldn't help but let out a cheeky laugh. "A trap, you say? Oi, don't be such a drama queen, Issac - do I look like that kind o' girl?" she stopped herself short, "But seriously, no need to answer that one."

When he shrugged and agreed to follow her, she felt her heart warm up a smidge. "No, you're not gettin' a makeover or anything—although, can you imagine?" She winked at him, leading the way toward the glittery corner of eye potions and other wonders.

Nola picked up a couple of small glass vials, their contents shimmering in the light, and faced Isaac again. "Alright, Mr. Expert, what do you reckon then? Am I more of a 'starry night' or 'mermaid scales'? Come on, don't be shy," she held the vials up for him to see, her eyes gleaming with mischief and a dash of excitement. She read somewhere that the makeup looks boys went for revealed some secret info about their personality and their deepest, darkest secrets (or was it desires?)

Even though they were surrounded by chattering teens, for her, it felt like they were in their own cosy bubble. "Well, make up your mind, love. Or do I get both and force you into another fashion dilemma later?" She kept her grin wide, her eyes meeting his, thrilled by the simple joy of sharing this moment, however out-of-place he might feel.

499 Posts 17
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2023, 07:01:31 PM »
Isaac cast Magnolia a hesitant glance, his unease palpable. "A makeover? Seriously?" he muttered under his breath, shaking his head slightly. The idea did not sit well with him, and he was almost certain he wouldn't be going through with it.

As they ventured further into the dazzling realm of cosmetics, Isaac couldn't shake the feeling of being a fish out of water. The sparkling vials and pots filled with makeup seemed like peculiar artifacts in his hands. However, as he realized they were more akin to magical potions, his interest was piqued, if only slightly.

Magnolia's wink and her overall playful demeanor began to disarm him, ever so slowly. His lips twitched, and a reluctant smile tugged at the corners of his mouth as he watched her examine the vials. Her enthusiasm was infectious, and despite himself, he started to become more engaged in the moment.

"You want me to choose one?" Isaac asked, genuinely surprised by her request. He set down his vial to inspect the two she held, his gaze more focused than he intended. After some contemplation, he responded, "I guess 'starry night' works. It has that mystical vibe, like something out of a fantasy book. Plus, it doesn't remind me of a twelve-year-old girl, so that's a win."

Isaac's response carried a blend of reluctance and willingness, as he made an effort to share in Nola's interests, even though makeup shopping was far from his comfort zone.

"How much longer is this going to take?" he inquired, a hint of impatience in his voice. His willingness to step out of his comfort zone had its limits, and he was beginning to feel the need to return to something more familiar.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal