Author Topic:  MH status updates! {round 12}  (Read 10121 times)

322 Posts 32 She/Her EST (GMT-5)
Re: MH status updates! {round 12}
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2023, 08:23:29 PM »
I take my last exam tomorrow morning for the 6th f*n time.
Wish me luck and send all your brain cells to me for the weekend. I will need them.
If I pass ~ I can return to roleplay! <3333

GUYS I DID IT I DID IT. I'm a licensed architect and weeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Let me figure out what's up with my accounts (may need help resetting passwords << ) so I can bring my characters up to date/speed and get rolling!

1095 Posts
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2023, 03:05:29 PM »
i got news today that i got into my grad program of choice! i’m very excited. i have one other acceptance so far and waiting on a decision from the third school

anyone who has been through a master’s degree in the psych field pls hit me up lol

3569 Posts 33 she/her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2023, 04:03:12 PM »
i got news today that i got into my grad program of choice! i’m very excited. i have one other acceptance so far and waiting on a decision from the third school

anyone who has been through a master’s degree in the psych field pls hit me up lol

GET IT, GIRL!! 🎉 congratulations, you're gonna crush it!

GUYS I DID IT I DID IT. I'm a licensed architect and weeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

I feel like I commented on this on FB but would be remiss not to kudos here too!! congrats my gal!! 🎉

(I think I reset most of your passwords when you asked before but lmk if you need anything else!)

so proud of y'all!! 🥹💕
|| pinterest | threadlist | Anni 2017 . gryff!pride ||

intermittently (and unpredictably) super busy - sorry!

925 Posts 31 🔮 she/her GMT+10
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2023, 08:07:02 AM »
hello~

i had a third fever of the year and i've been busy catching up with uni ever since and it's been a stressy depressy time for me

hope you guys are doing well <3

sandbox | shipper

766 Posts 36 36 homo·allosexual he/him/they he/him/they EST (GMT-5) played by Taed
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2024, 01:37:37 PM »
Anyone else just reeeeally struggling with muse these days?
Part of mine is seasonal depression, and I just don't want to do anything
Part of mine is work, school board campaign, and GSA responsibilities, so the recreation part of my mind is shoved in the back of my brain somewhere

108 Posts 35 She/Her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2024, 05:11:46 PM »
Anyone else just reeeeally struggling with muse these days?
Part of mine is seasonal depression, and I just don't want to do anything
Part of mine is work, school board campaign, and GSA responsibilities, so the recreation part of my mind is shoved in the back of my brain somewhere

Me everyday but with work and kids and just life in general

766 Posts 36 36 homo·allosexual he/him/they he/him/they EST (GMT-5) played by Taed
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2024, 08:32:37 AM »
Me everyday but with work and kids and just life in general

Lmao don't get me started on my kid (just the one but URRRRRRRGHH she's 8 going on 16)

Also! Turns out I somehow forgot my antidepressant yesterday too, whoopsie

108 Posts 35 She/Her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2024, 12:14:29 PM »
that's a little girl for you. mine is sassy at 5 and is turning into a mini me >>

« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2024, 08:30:46 AM »
Okay I went back and forth on this on whether or not to post it here, or in my shipper, or in an NC-17 rant thread (we don't yet have one), and I ultimately decided this was just a status update with vaguely controversial subjects and I'd just put it behind a trigger warning. So

Spoiler: "LGBTQIA+, RELIGIOUS, AND POLITICAL CONTENT AND OCCASIONAL SWEARS" • show

First of all, if there's anyone on this site who somehow doesn't know,     

Secondly, speaking as a progressive Christian syncretist and a pastor's kid, there are a lot of piss-poor excuses for so-called Christians out in the world and especially in small towns that are plurality (but not majority) ultraconservative. I have NO problem with standard, reasonable conservatives, but I have a HUGE problems with the ultraconservatives/MAGA Repubs I have encountered, because I cannot reason with them. In my experience they are stubborn, steadfast, and close-minded. And for the last 13 months we've had four of them that gained school board seats, I'm sure I've bitched about this somewhere before. And among the thousand problems they've caused is the revelation of this huge anti-LGBTQ sentiment by the extremists in our little city, except these people also somehow get their ill behaviours swept under the rug.

The same people have been going "Oh, bullying is such a problem, the kids keep telling us bullying is a problem, we gotta address this" and it's finally going to be on the February agenda, except inside sources in the school tell me it's actually going to turn into a community (read: ultraconservative cult) bitchfest against the teachers that actually teach civic education and actually have classroom discipline, and probably against the two principals and superintendent too because they've had a huge problem with these educators who are "too close to the gays and the blacks" (like, LITERALLY).

Up to this point I've been passively or at least professionally countering all their stupid posts and claims, and the 501c4 that I sit on the board of has been publishing educational posts to correct misinformation, but it's still going and in some ways getting worse the last week and a half.

So I'm calling them all out, BY NAME, tonight, in a massive post with all the screenshots I've gathered of them calling individuals they disagree with "that bitch" "that snob" "that atheist" "that piece of trash" as well as all the vulgar negative epithets they've posted that LGBTQ people are   and are doing (e.g. "mentally disturbed" "discrimination against straight people" "gotta rid this school of you vermin and clean house" "gay/trans is a religion/cult" "sick and debased"). Quite literally saying, "Hey, YOU FOLKS ARE THE BULLIES and setting a shitty example for our kids, and here's everything you've said that you tried to keep hush-hush, AND here's how you've committed every one of the 7 things God hates in Proverbs 6:16-17."

And I'm also running for school board myself for this fall's election, and I used to be afraid of getting too confrontational because I worried it would damage my campaign, but honestly? Starting yesterday, I don't care anymore. I don't think it's going to hurt my campaign at all, I think it's going to strengthen it. Because I'm advocating for inclusivity, diversity, a focus on education in a public school, rather than a focus on one religion's morals that the board members who espouse them don't even follow. And I'm advocating against bullying BY identifying the biggest culprits and not letting them get away with their bullshit anymore.

I am LIVID if you couldn't tell, and all of this political garbage that I've gotten caught up in (despite the fact that school governance is quite literally supposed to be apolitical) is part of what's been slowing down my activity posting here lately. But this damn crime against humanity that is Communal Bigotry and Double-Facedness has got to STOP.

3569 Posts 33 she/her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2024, 09:44:44 PM »
GET 'EM, TAED 🎉👊🏽🔨
people are infuriating SIGH. and agree it's so tough to maintain professionalism when all you want to do is eyeroll-into-the-next-dimension (ily @Manon Bernard 💕) at the absolutely insane cognitive dissonance
I'd vote for you if I could!!! no doubt you'd be a fantastic addition to the school board!

(feel free to start that NC-17 rant thread anytime btw!)
|| pinterest | threadlist | Anni 2017 . gryff!pride ||

intermittently (and unpredictably) super busy - sorry!

925 Posts 31 🔮 she/her GMT+10
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2024, 09:20:43 PM »
hi guys, happy new year!

idk if you've seen me lurking around lately, but i've graduated (finally haha) end of last year and we're looking for houses interstate so i've been hesitant to try and come back to mh right now. that's definitely in the cards once life's not so here and there though! i miss my silly wizards and you all!

829 Posts 47 she/her GMT played by Carys
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2024, 02:20:11 PM »
Okay I went back and forth on this on whether or not to post it here, or in my shipper, or in an NC-17 rant thread (we don't yet have one), and I ultimately decided this was just a status update with vaguely controversial subjects and I'd just put it behind a trigger warning. So

Spoiler: "LGBTQIA+, RELIGIOUS, AND POLITICAL CONTENT AND OCCASIONAL SWEARS" • show

First of all, if there's anyone on this site who somehow doesn't know,     

I hate that you're having to deal with all this s**t, but honestly that pic made me LOL so hard <33333 I could imagine you standing on a table and yelling it at the meeting xD

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2024, 02:36:02 PM »
Soooooo I was going to excitedly say that I'm back from my adventurous multi-day Triennial Mega Migraine and its traditional consequent emergency room visit (and subsequent revelation about strep but I'm already on the mend)

and then I got terrible personal news today that I have to deposit more real-world time and energy and resource into than I wish was the case. So, uh, I'm not as back as I thought.  :'(

All of which is to say I love and miss you all and I keep trying to get back here but adulting is being really f[~~~]ng mean.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal