Author Topic:  [miha | scoarta] I'm not speaking but I'm screaming for you to hear [feb 2005]  (Read 588 times)

199 Posts 21 heterosexual
Mihaela had been quiet for long enough. Valda had written her letters for weeks now and still no word from her. After her trip with Corey to Paris, she made plans to visit her dearest friend back at her home. Winter would be tough, but Valda had been here before. She was prepared with the proper clothing and gear needed to make it there. She'd rehearsed in her head over and over again what she as going to tell her. It was key that she did. It was unintentionally because of her that Lev and Miha had decided to split. Valda was so embarrassed about it all.

She had been with Lev helping him pick a ring for Mihaela. He was going to propose! If it had been anyone else, this wouldn't have been an issue. Miha was her best friend. She would love for her to help whomever Valda's future husband is to help him find a ring for her. She had good taste and knew what Valda liked. The surprise was everything. Because of Lev's celebrity status, all eyes were on him. Always. If Valda were to ever meet up with him to catch up on life, it had to be in secret- which didn't help the problem she had on hand.

Valda marched into town, greeted old friends, and tracked down where Mihaela was. She'd dropped her belongings off with Miha's father and headed for the spirit pools. Would Mihaela even listen to her? It all looked so horribly wrong. Would she talk to her? Valda wasn't sure but she had to at least try.

As she came around the corner, she spotted her best friend. Her heart started to race as she approached her. "Mihaela," she carefully announced her presence if the crunching snow under her snowboots didn't already. "I believe we need to talk," she kept her distance respecting her space. Lev was now a sensitive subject. Their friendship even more fragile. Hopefully, she'd be able to say the right things for her to understand that Valda as her loyal friend, not a slimy  snake to get between those two.

@Mihaela Lupesco

801 Posts 19 She/Her played by Samm
  • She wasn't looking for a knight, she was looking for a sword.
  • trophy closet
  • The HamHam award (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Ordinul Dragonului Sapphire Matryoshka Amethyst Matryoshka Little book of magic This character participated in an AU thread during the 2020 Anniversary celebrations! Former Drakonya Krov Quidditch Captain/Co-Captain Pureblood Character Lower Middle Class Family Member This driver or character won or was runner-up for an Anniversary 2018 Poll!
Mihaela wasn’t sure how to feel about everything that happened, but she knew that every time someone told her what she should be feeling, she was overcome with a sudden and powerful need to punch that person in the face.

Today was no different. Mihaela wasn’t a heartbroken, lovesick, useless sap, she had work to do, and she didn’t want to talk about Lev and things that had happened. She didn’t want to reopen that wound, because staying busy and avoiding it was so much nicer. And yet, when Valda showed up, Mihaela had a feeling they were going to talk about it. And she supposed if she had to talk about it, then her best girlfriend was the best option, right? “Yeah, we do,” Mihaela answered, dipping her fingers idly into the ghost pools of Scoarta.

The last time the pair had been here, it had turned violent, but as it was right now, Mihaela had no reason to be mad with Valda. As far as the Romanian knew, her friend was here to check-up on her. Mihaela had no idea Valda was part of the reason she and Lev had broken up. Or that there was a lot more to it than that.
When I die, let the wolves enjoy my bones. When I die, let me go.

When I die, let the flames devour me. When I die, set me free.

Valda swallowed the lump in her throat with Mihaela's short reply. She remembered when she and @Gio Gambino had broken up. Then, it was of no one else's fault but their own. There was no other girl involved. Things between them had lost their spark and came to an end. That didn't mean that it didn't hurt any less when it had happened.

Mihaela was strong and independent. She didn't need someone to come licking her wounds to console her. Valda wasn't certain about how many breakups her best friend had been through, but she hoped that admitting she was there with Lev in the ring shop could help her get some closure. "I ran into Lev in England and he told me what had happened between you two. I've sent you letters since then. Have you gotten them? I didn't get a reply so I came myself." She exhaled loudly as she sat on a rock placing her bag beside her. "News like that, I'm a little surprised you didn't write me first."

Fluff talk got no one anywhere. She was stalling and she knew it. The photo of her with Lev in the newspaper was difficult to recognize it was her. The colors were a faded black and white. All it truly showed was her from the back. Lev's face was more prominent-he was the celebrity here- as he stood on the other side of the corner counter where they were. Valda was holding an intricate ring the details lost in the graininess of the photo but the flash from the camera caught the sparkly and it was pretty impressive. It wasn't the one Valda had suggested for Mihaela when it was first brought to her attention. She had to study its details before she declined it and that was when photographers took the photo. The photo from The Daily Prophet and the gossip of the journalists had no context to the story before or after or even who she was. She was titled as Lev's "Mysterious Fiancé". When Valda had seen the article and read the report, her stomach had dropped.

She pulled the old newspaper out with them plastered on the front. She tossed the newspaper like a frisbee towards Mihaela so it landed near her feet. "Lev wasn't with some mysterious woman," she introduced and decided to pull the bandage off right then and there. "It's me. The long hair. The freckled hands." Lev was looking at the ring and not at Valda-which she felt helped her case ever so slightly. "I couldn't bare the thought of you not knowing that that was me. He wanted my opinion on rings. I was in town and wanted to help a friend out so I went with him to look," She sighed exhaling off a heavy weight. This news could potentially ruin their friendship, but she hoped that Mihaela would understand what she was saying.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:52:06 AM by Livvy »

• trophy closet
  • The HamHam award (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Ordinul Dragonului Sapphire Matryoshka Amethyst Matryoshka Little book of magic This character participated in an AU thread during the 2020 Anniversary celebrations! Former Drakonya Krov Quidditch Captain/Co-Captain Pureblood Character Lower Middle Class Family Member This driver or character won or was runner-up for an Anniversary 2018 Poll!
“Wasn’t in the mood to explain,” she shrugged, stoic. Even though the pain was still there, it had started to fade at the edges now. Sometimes, it seemed like it wasn’t even really Mihaela’s pain, that it was just a memory of another life haunting her. And other times, it still felt as raw as the first day, still felt like a knife through her chest.

Valda continued, and Mihaela waited impatiently, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. She was excited to see her friend, she was happy to have new company. She’d missed the red headed witch, and she wanted to stop thinking about Lev. When she mentioned Lev and the mysterious witch in the paper, Mihaela’s eyes focused and she stopped shifting. “What?” Valda said it was her, and immediately, Mihaela’s mind jumped to the fasted conclusion.

There were plenty of things that Mihaela was prepared for – things like how to cauterize a wound or survive a fight with a bear – but situations that required emotional intelligence were something she was rarely good at. Mihaela cursed loudly—at Valda, at Lev though he wasn’t here, and at the universe in general – and the soul ponds near them rippled with energy.  “It was you?” Mihaela demanded, her words rushing out in Romanian and she took a step closer to the Russian woman.

And then more details flooded her brain, and Mihaela took that step back, moving away from Valda and scrubbing her hands over her face. “I don’t understand.”

"He loves you, Mihaela," she blurted out. She was ready to get decked and thrown across the spirit pond. It wouldn't be the first time that happened here. Even though she didn't understand Romanian, she had a pretty good idea of what Miha was saying in that moment. Her eyes darted to the spirit pools as they rippled. Well they certainly never did that before except when they summoned her mother. "Why would I help a friend look for rings if it wasn't for me? We were looking at rings for you!"

Valda braced herself against any oncoming attack-verbal or physical. She knew Miha wasn't the best at channeling her emotions and that was fine. They seemed to even each other out thay way.

"Lev sent me an Owl, the place was arranged to be closed and secret. Yet, one of the workers had overheard of Lev being there, gave The Daily Prophet a tip, and slipped out the door leaving it unlocked unknowingly to us all. I don't imagine he's there anymore, but that photo was taken when they threw the door open and flooded inside. We didn't want the media to know that we were there. Lev was careful and knew exactly how it would've looked and what it would've done to you. Yet, everything fell apart and here we are."

• trophy closet
“Are you serious?” Mihaela asked, her fists balling up as a violent string of Romanian curse words flew out of her mouth. She cursed at Valda, at Lev, at the tabloid magazine, and then spit on the ground. This was insane, she didn’t believe it, but it did make sense. Remembering the picture in the article, Mihaela recalled the vibrant red hair she should have recognized instantly. It all pieced together, but then why didn’t Lev tell her? Why hadn’t he explained it?

“Why didn’t he tell me then?” She forced the question through gritted teeth and took a savage breath that had both of her shoulders raising and falling. Mihaela began to pace in front of the pools, her hands opening and closing as the itch to hit something grew.

What was Valda supposed to do? She hadn't been hit -yet. Looking at the situation, every option before her probably led to her getting decked. Whether it was magic or a fist, she knew it'd hurt. Valda sat quietly as she watched her friend pace about. She recalled doing something similar when she had learned her mother had passed. She had panicked and in a wave of emotions, she couldn't think straight. Everything that had run through her mind all at once channeled out as she had paced the halls of the school years before. Eventually, she broke into tears and concluded to her wand to make quick, damaging bursts at the world around her. She'd been blinded by rage and had hit an unsuspecting third year sending them to the hospital wing. She'd felt guilty eventually, but in that moment she was in her head. Nothing anyone said or did had helped her. She just wanted to run.

If Mihaela had disappeared into the woods, Valda wouldn't have been surprised. Nor could she blame her.

She wished she had the answers for her. Valda could only offer what she knew, and that was minuscular. "I don't know," she admitted softly. She could've suggested many outcomes, but what would that have helped? Only wishful thinking at this point, and the two had been separated for some time now. "But I can promise you, there was no romance between us two," and that was the truth. Though, Valda admittedly did have feelings for him, she'd always been careful to keep her feelings in check and not flirt or make a move on him. It was no secret that the two of them had dated a year before her mother passed. He'd even met her, too! Miha and Lev were a better fit. She was content with where she was at in life, knowing that her travels would take her to find someone- if fate had a person in mind for her. "He had planned to surprise you," she admitted. "Had this whole thing planned out. I toned him down a lot from what he originally had in mind, and he was eager to do something special for you."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 03:41:56 PM by Livvy »

• trophy closet
“What did he have planned?” Mihaela asked—she hadn’t put the pieces together yet, so she obviously needed assistance getting the whole picture. Mihaela moved closer toward Valda again, closed the distance quick enough that it could have been assumed she was going to slap the other witch, but that was not her plan. Instead, she rushed into Valda, chest slamming into her chest, and wrapped her arms around her best friend. She held her closely, not minding the red curls that bunched in front of her face, and breathed in her friend.

Valda and Mihaela had not always been close. To be fair, they had fought more often than not in the early days of knowing each other. Here by the spirit pools, on the steps of Durmstrang—they had come to blows more than once. And then, if by magic, things had shifted and they came to some kind of understanding. Mihaela didn’t have a lot of friends, but she held the ones she had dearly. And while Mihaela was still reeling from the confession, and she didn’t know what it meant in the grand scheme, she knew in her heart that Valda had not betrayed her.

And maybe that meant Lev hadn’t, either.

That hurt was too big to fix with a hug; that cut was too deep. But they could fix this, then, at least, and Mihaela pulled away after a moment. “What did he have planned?”

Her lips were pursed when Miha stepped closer asking about the plans. All the punches in the world couldn't wedge that information out of her. If these two got back together, (which knowing them, they probably would... eventually), then she'd ruin the surprise for that wonderful day too. She opened her mouth to reply but was startled when Mihaela lunged at her. She braced herself tensing and steadying herself.

The sudden impact was strong, but she wasn't hurt. She looked down at Mihaela with a sad smile as she recognized the hug her friend was giving. If only you knew how much he loves you. Valda embraced her immediately holding her close and attempting to shield her from all the danger and hurt in the world. For just a moment, she wanted Mihaela to forget all the pain she was in. "It's going to be okay," she replied calmly.

"I can't tell you that, love" she smiled when she said it. "That ruins any surprises that could surface in the future. I came to tell you he didn't cheat on you, not what his proposal plans were." She tucked her hands into her back pockets with her thumbs out on the edge. "It's a lot at once. Take time to process, but when we head back to the village, let's get a good mug of Butterbean and catch up. I can tell you about Paris and Corey. You tell me about your hunts, your family, and just....everything." Valda was in some desperate need of girl-talk and she felt her friend did too. "If you want to go lunch some trees or something, we can do that too," she teased lightly.

• trophy closet
Mihaela was confused and conflicted. On the one fist, she was glad to learn that Lev hadn't been cheating on her. Valda's confession turned the key on a lock that Miha hadn't known was over her heart. The Romanian witch wasn't honestly sure if she had ever believed Lev had stepped out on her. She had just gotten so lost in muddy waters that she didn't know which way was up anymore. Valda's word helped.

"I need time to think," she explained, pressing her fingers to her temples. Mihaela was a stubborn hot head, she rushed into things, she didn't take time to consider, so this was a strange path for her to choose. "We should drink." It wouldn't solve anything, but at least it might lubricate the thoughts racing through her confused mind and help turn them into words she could share with her best friend. Mihaela had missed Valda more than she knew how to put into words.

"Punch the trees at your own risk, Valda," Mihaela said after a beat, a bit of a smirk growing on her lips, "It's nearly time for recoltă," the harvest, the trees were heavy with fruit, "they might punch back."

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal