Author Topic:  [brussels] sequins in their eyes [charlie]  (Read 2030 times)

1414 Posts 29 candy girl he/him played by laura
[brussels] sequins in their eyes [charlie]
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 11:53:59 PM »
The pretty brunette stashed her lighter away in her opposite pocket--her left--then slipped her hand into her right -- something Charlie didn?óÔé¼Ôäót miss as he watched her from his closer vantage point. She didn?óÔé¼Ôäót bring it back out, and if she was anything like most of the wizarding populace, she was right-handed and it was her wand in there.?á Cordelia exhaled and Charlie took another drag, wondering how best to play this. He didn?óÔé¼Ôäót think he was being nearly as lecherous as he could be, if he wanted to -- and if this was spooking her, maybe he was her first big interview. Wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót be the first time someone had tried to use him to climb another rung on the career ladder.

He had given her a good out, if that was what she had wanted -- but she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót take it. He took that to mean she wanted to stay. "No,?óÔé¼?Ø Charlie answered Cordelia amiably. ?óÔé¼?ôI'm all yours.?óÔé¼?Ø

If his aim was to put her at ease he could offer to relocate this conversation to somewhere a little more public -- a bar, or a restaurant if he was being really nice, but -- did he want to put her at ease?

"Shall we keep subverting your expectations, then?" Charlie took half a step back, perching his cigarette between his lips to free his hand and top his wine glass up; the bottle came up nearly empty by the time he was done, so he elected to top Cordelia up again, too, avoiding her gaze this time. He set the bottle down with a soft clunk, then moved slowly in to crowd her space again.

He sat in the seat beside her, crossing his leg over and relaxing back, eyes forward as he had a sip of wine and a draw on his cigarette. He waited a moment before reaching to pluck her notepad from her lap -- not being too careful not to brush her thigh; ?óÔé¼?ôWhat?óÔé¼Ôäóve you got so far then??óÔé¼?Ø he asked around his cigarette--wagging precariously between his lips--holding the pad out to her far side out of reach?óÔé¼ÔÇØ but it was illegible. Shorthand and?óÔé¼ÔÇØ the words that were real words quickly reassembled themselves before his eyes, creating line upon line of gibberish. Charlie grinned, impressed. ?óÔé¼?ôThat bad??óÔé¼?Ø

c  h  a  r  l  i  e     b  a  k  e  r

f l a s h   t h a t   a n g l e   g r i n d e r   s m i l e ,   g a s p ,   a n d   r o l l   y o u r   e y e s

247 Posts 23 traumatized she/her/hers
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 11:59:54 PM »

I'm all yours. A chill ran up Cordelia's spine. Hell, was that - she should have taken the out. Maybe. There was something kind of.. fun about this cat and mouse game they were playing, him trying to seduce her or whatever the hell, her trying to squeeze more and more tidbits of information from him. Unfortunately, Cordelia was pretty sure she was the mouse.

Charlie stepped back - Cordelia took a deep drag of her cigarette, trying to imagine the smell of pine trees and fresh laundry. "Why not," she said as casually as she could. Cordelia pressed the cigarette to the corner of her mouth with her tongue, holding it there while lifting her wine glass up from the side table for another top-up. It was good wine, at least. Her right hand did have to come out to hold the cigarette so she could take another sip. Maybe she should finish this faster, she thought, blowing smoking into the room again.

Charlie squeezed past her hips to sit in the armchair's plush seat. His head was - uncomfortably level with her chest now. She should jot down the name on the bottle, the muggle cigarette lighting, that would be a good character piece. Cordelia went to nudge the quill, but the moment she did it was snatched away. "Hey!," she exclaimed, alarmed but not so alarmed. It gave her an excuse to move, though. She pushed herself off the arm and spun around to face Charlie again, hand out expectantly. "The longer you try to look at it, the worse it gets," she warned, letting herself smile slightly with pride in her enchantment.

She took another drag of her cigarette and decided to abandon it - Cordelia glanced around for a moment before spotting an ashtray by the mirror. She walked, slow, pushed the cigarette down into the ceramic dish, thinking. She could just call it here, but she wanted something with a scoop, something nobody else knew. But she was too rattled to think of a damn question. Cordelia spun around, leaning against the counter with a questioning look at Charlie. Well, this wasn't anything she could use, really, but it could get a reaction, And Cordelia was curious. "I was at the party this summer, you know. In California." She let that sit for a moment before actually asking. "Off the record, how did you take it?" The quill lay down flat against the page.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 03:55:36 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôClever,?óÔé¼?Ø he said appreciatively, handing the notepad back after another quick scan -- not letting go immediately, just to make her tug on it a little now that she?óÔé¼Ôäód vacated his vicinity again. He took his cigarette between his fingers and exhaled in a steady stream. ?óÔé¼?ôThat so I can?óÔé¼Ôäót see what you really think about me??óÔé¼?Ø he smirked.

Charlie watched her as she looked for the ashtray, curious, and frowned softly as she stubbed her cigarette out prematurely. He tsk?óÔé¼Ôäód softly. ?óÔé¼?ôWaste,?óÔé¼?Ø he mumbled, wetting his lips before having another drag of his own. She must be a social smoker, or perhaps she?óÔé¼Ôäód only brought them as a tool for this interview -- if that were the case, she really was rather premeditated. Then again, she clearly wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót Flemish so even being here was a form of premeditation, wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót it?

The party this summer. It took Charlie a minute to figure out which party she was referring to, then, of course, he realised she meant Liam?óÔé¼Ôäós, and his eyes went a little round in surprise. Off the record, she said, and he saw her quill lay down out of the corner of his vision -- he knew that was no guarantee, but it felt like a legitimate offer. Charlie kept his eyes on Cordelia as sipped his wine to stall for time, try to puzzle out what exactly she was asking him (how did he take what?).

?óÔé¼?ôI didn?óÔé¼Ôäót see you,?óÔé¼?Ø he said first, in response to her being there. He had been a little preoccupied that night -- mentally, if not physically. ?óÔé¼?ôDid you sneak your way in there and all??óÔé¼?Ø he asked accusingly, though his tone was still pleasant enough.

He uncrossed his legs and leant forward, forearms on his knees. ?óÔé¼?ôSorry, what exactly are you asking me??óÔé¼?Ø

f l a s h   t h a t   a n g l e   g r i n d e r   s m i l e ,   g a s p ,   a n d   r o l l   y o u r   e y e s

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 08:59:50 PM »

"Normal precaution," Cordelia demurred on the subject of her notebook, tugging it with a little additional effort back into her hands. "So many people demand edits when they can see. Artist to artist, you must know how irritating that is." Artist was pushing it, maybe, but Cordelia took a certain pride in her turns of phrase. Writing was an art, whether lyrics or reporting, right? "How many people want you to write songs about them, for instance? How many women do you actually write songs about?" She raised her eyebrows, genuinely curious.

Waste, mumbled Charlie, and Cordelia wasn't sure if he meant the cigarette or her. She tensed, slightly, pushing the cigarette a little more forcefully into the ashtray.

?óÔé¼?ôDid you sneak your way in there and all??óÔé¼?Ø Cordelia's bottom lip popped out into a pout. She wasn't really upset -- given how she had gotten back here, it was a reasonable assumption. But she felt compelled to defend herself. "I had an invite," she said, only a hint of indignation creeping into her tone. "On the list and everything. Check yourself, if you'd like." She shrugged, small -- unreasonable to think that the guest list still existed.

Her arms crossed in front of her, under her breasts -- she meant it to show her hands were away from the wand, away from the quill. It occurred to her too late that the motion accentuated her body, in a way she was all too aware that Charlie Baker would notice.

Well, maybe not. He seemed to a little dense here, needing her to spell it out for him. "The news, of course. Liam being --" She stumbled, unsure of the right word to use. Oliver had never been one for labels himself, so while Cordelia was not particularly closed-minded, she didn't have all the right language. "-- gay." Was that the right usage? Should it be a gay, or homosexual, or something else? Cordelia dismissed the thought, focusing instead on Charlie's reaction.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 08:16:34 PM »
Charlie's lip twitched upward in a small smirk, at artist. Cordelia managed to keep herself from overtly frowning at that, but only just. Was that so hard to believe? That reporters were artists too, creating a window into a story that was clear and evocative despite how complex the situation might actually be? She felt defensive of her chosen profession, of her work, of her goddamn invitation to that party in California that Charlie was now taking a moment to also mock. Cordelia might not care for Kate Baker, but with the woman's ex-husband in front of her, the divorce made more and more sense. "And yet you pull my work in progress out of my hands," Cordelia settled on commenting dryily, ignoring the rest except to commit responses to memory.

You want names and addresses? A joke - the smirk made it clear. "If you're handing them out. Your Gringotts account, too, while we're asking for impossible things." A touch of frustration crept into her voice, but it wasn't like Charlie was going to respect her any more if she managed to keep her tone level. Every successive moment seemed to bring her a little lower, in his eyes.

He was burning holes into her dress with those same eyes, which made her feel uneasy, mostly. A touch flattered, despite herself. A short-lived therapist said that was a trauma response, once, during what quickly became their last session. Her mouth felt dry, but in her haste to put some distance between then Cordelia had abandoned her glass near Charlie. Her eyes flickered over to it -- well, it wasn't as if she had really left it unattended, right??á

Charlie set his glass down. Was he rattled? Cordelia stilled the urge to reach for the quill. She could remember this much without notes, at least. Still Liam, Charlie said, after a pause far too long for that to be his own thought on the matter. I suppose I took it as a shitty friend. At this Charlie Baker smiled at her, thinly, in perhaps the most honesty his face had shown this whole while. "It's a hard thing to reckon with, even when you don't have other things flying at you," Cordelia said, half comforts spilling from her tongue easily. She hadn't been particularly supportive with Ollie, now had she? Though she couldn't remember Oliver ever coming out -- he had just been, well, Ollie, the whole time, with easy kisses flying in any direction regardless of who the lips were attached to.

Not that she would have noticed, if Ollie had come out to her sometime in 1999. She had been, in the words of the man in front of her, going through her own shit.

The urge to write this down and the urge to drink were at war within her; after a moment the wine won. She scooped up the notebook, just to have it in hand, before making her way back to the abandoned glass on the low table, besides Charlie once again. She raised her glass slightly, her own smile thin and wane. "To failing our friends, then," she said, dark as anything, and took a huge gulp.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 08:30:13 PM »
The corners of Charlie?óÔé¼Ôäós mouth pulled down in the same moment his eyebrows rose; ?óÔé¼?ôTouch?â?®.?óÔé¼?Ø

He laughed then, when she asked for his Gringotts account. ?óÔé¼?ôYou?óÔé¼Ôäód be the first bird to be upfront about it,?óÔé¼?Ø he commented with a grin still on his lips -- which promptly faded when he realised how that might be used in print. He met Cordelia?óÔé¼Ôäós eyes before looking away sharply, clearing his throat. He hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót been insinuating Kate--not really--but it wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót like the media to attribute anything to anyone other than the best selling option, nevermind that it looked like Cordelia had still been in school when Charlie had actually dated anyone else (hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót Kate, too?).

Charlie?óÔé¼Ôäós thin smile widened just a little in response to the reporter?óÔé¼Ôäós comment. ?óÔé¼?ôYou almost make it sound like it wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót my fault.?óÔé¼?Ø Kate might have officially requested the divorce, but he knew it was his actions that had led them both there. Charlie?óÔé¼Ôäós focus drifted to his empty wine glass and he wished he hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót finished it already, though he supposed he could always open a fresh bottle.

Cordelia moved before he could, and he thought perhaps she?óÔé¼Ôäód had enough of his company when she retrieved her notebook -- but she collected her glass, too, and Charlie kept his eyes on her curiously. He smiled again, still wanly but with a fraction more warmth, at her toast, and had a short drag of his cigarette in reply before getting to his feet. He stepped closer, almost face-to-face but for the slight height difference, and turned his head to the side a little to exhale smoke whilst keeping his dark eyes on hers.

?óÔé¼?ôHow did you fail yours??óÔé¼?Ø he asked quietly, holding her gaze for a long second before softly brushing past her and stubbing his cigarette out in the provided ashtray. Charlie strode over to the rider to collect a second bottle of malbec, twisting the cap off on his way back to the brunette. He poured for himself first, then silently offered her a top-up.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 10:29:43 AM »
You?óÔé¼Ôäód be the first bird to be upfront about it, Charlie laughed, and Cordelia lifted one eyebrow. That was nothing without more context ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ She opened her mouth to quip something back, but Charlie was already looking away. Must have realized how that sounded. Charlie was too media savvy for a junior writer to really get her hooks in him, but Cordelia was pleased that she had gotten even that small admission.

She wondered who he might mean ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ what little she knew about Kate through the two women?óÔé¼Ôäós mutual friends, it didn?óÔé¼Ôäót quite seem like her M.O. Kate was her age, which was too young for that sort of cynicism, in Cordelia's estimation. Well, too young for an American, anyway. Living through the 1997 school year at Hogwarts earned one some degree of cynicism. ?óÔé¼?ôI?óÔé¼Ôäóm no expert on divorce, but it does seem better than remaining in an unhappy marriage. For both parties.?óÔé¼?Ø She shrugged, an errant curl falling over her shoulder. "And it seems overwhelmingly distracting." Divorce and death -- One of Michael's friends, the skinny one, had mentioned something about coming out twice because Michael had been too overwhelmed to care. He had mentioned loads of shite though, and Cordelia could hardly remember most of it.

Charlie stepped to her, then tobacco on his breath blowing past her cheek. The thin smile was shifting, a glimmer more genuine in Cordy?óÔé¼Ôäós estimation. They were close, too close now, but Cordelia refused the urge to step back. Her heartbeat went faster without her permission as she tilted her chin up to see him.

How did you fail yours? Charlie asked, and Cordelia froze for a moment. It was too vulnerable, where they were now ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ but Cordelia had lead them here. She was quiet as she held his gaze, not moving her shoulders as he brushed past her. ?óÔé¼?ôAbsence, mostly,?óÔé¼?Ø she said after a moment, putting her glass forward for the offered wine. ?óÔé¼?ôAnd silence.?óÔé¼?Ø She didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want to talk about the war, how her emotional catatonia ruined friendships in the two years she had left at Hogwarts. But the air felt empty, so she put out something more?óÔé¼ÔÇØ ?óÔé¼?ôOne of my mates went through the worst time of his life, and I was too selfish to help.?óÔé¼?Ø She wondered if the guilt of that was more or less likely to clock her as a Hufflepuff.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2021, 08:14:12 PM »
Charlie looked a little distant at that, at unhappy marriage. Another moment she wished for her quill, or at least a better grasp at wandless magic. She didn't need a word to set her notes quill back upright, but she did need her wand, and Charlie was altogether too close for her to do that subtly. She wanted to sketch out his expression here with words -- strong lines surrounding vacant eyes, as if he were somewhere else entirely. That would be good, now if she could only write it down.

She watched Charlie fill her glass, wine pouring without any errant drops. They still weren't evenly matched in this verbal game of chess, but Cordelia had some of her footing back. This was deflection. An attempt to make her talk about her own past instead of digging into his. Unfortunately for Charlie, he had no idea how practiced Cordelia was at repressing these things. She had only just become able to talk about her trauma with her boyfriend. A stranger, famous or no, was shit out of luck here.

They stood in silence then, Charlie clearly waiting for her to go on, Cordelia waiting for him to realize she wouldn't prattle on unprompted. Her eyes remained open and trained on him as she took a long, slow drink of wine. He tried to comfort her -- interested tactic, she had just done the same thing. I know a little about being selfish, the rock star said, and Cordelia's lips twitched up into a half smile. "I'm sure you do," she said, voice low.

Do you? Regret it?

Cordelia took another sip of her wine, feeling rather like she was being played like a fiddle. Despite all her resolve, it seemed so easy to open up now, if only a hair, about Camm or perhaps Lydia. This must be part of Banshee's secret to success, this way Charlie Baker had of needling his way into your soul through the ears. "Of course," she said, looking into his eyes and refusing to look away first. "I regret a lot of things. What do you regret?"

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2021, 02:54:08 AM »
He didn?óÔé¼Ôäót miss the half-smile she gave him.

Charlie watched as Cordelia had another sip of wine, and he matched her -- not that he particularly needed more--he was already most of a bottle ahead--but he?óÔé¼Ôäód wager that she wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót be outdrinking him in a hurry regardless.

Of course she regretted it, and a lot of other things. He wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót afforded an opportunity to wonder what, because she had already turned the question back on him. He smiled slowly -- wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót she like to know (her and every other reporter, no doubt). Charlie copied her delaying tactic: having another sip of wine, his dark eyes still fixed on hers, before answering. "I regret a lot of things," he said, echoing the brunette; giving her something while simultaneously giving her nothing.

His gaze flickered over her face for a moment, trying to read her expression -- and unabashedly assess her features (pretty eyes, high cheekbones, a full pout). Her earlier admission--That might have been my idea--replayed at the forefront of his thoughts. Charlie stepped closer, effectively removing all of the space between them; in the same movement he lowered his wine glass to hip height--and to the side, out of the way--while his free hand found her waist with light pressure.

He dipped his head and pressed his mouth to Cordelia?óÔé¼Ôäós, his eyes closing softly and lips parting almost immediately.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
I regret a lot of things, Charlie said, his voice a low rumble. He was gazing at her face now with a heavy, obvious stare, much like that look he had given her before escorting Cordelia to the dressing room. It had disgusted her before, that look, the way it had lingered her on the top of chest. Now, though, Charlie's eyes didn't wander, flickered from hair to eyes to her lips. She took a breath, a little shakier than before, one heel lifting to step away.

Charlie's hand caught on her waist as he closed the gap between them, lips catching hers as she lost her balance.

It shouldn't have taken her off guard, but it did. Her mouth was already open slightly as she stumbled, enough of an opening for Charlie's tongue to slip into her mouth. Muscle memory betrayed her -- Cordelia's eyes fluttered closed, reciprocating the kiss for a few moments. He tasted like wine and smoke, rich and warm and incessant in his kissing. It was nice, certainly, but a bit much, a bit wet, a bit too much teeth catching her lower lip, a bit too unlike Michael.

Her lifted heel found footing again. Cordelia opened her eyes wide, blinked, watching Charlie's face. She had never had her eyes open while being kissed before -- it was a bizarre angle, all nose and eyelashes. Her mouth relaxed, lips closing and not opening for Charlie again. Cordelia reached for his chest, resting her right hand just below Charlie's collarbone.

She smiled when Charlie pulled away, amusement in her eyes. "Mmm," she hummed, gently lifting Charlie's hand off her waist. "Certainly I'm flattered..." She trailed off, took one last sip of wine before setting her glass down. "Thank you, but no thank you." She watched his expression carefully. "I do believe it's been ten minutes."

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »
Her mouth was open and waiting for him, and Charlie took that as encouragement ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ too drunk (and too ignorant) to recognise it for anything else. He leant a little more into the kiss, his brow furrowing softly as his tongue slid eagerly over Cordelia?óÔé¼Ôäós; the hand on her waist gently pulled her closer.

It took him longer than it probably should have to realise she wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót kissing him back ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ though he was certain she had been, at the start. She sealed him out and Charlie pulled back, confused?óÔé¼ÔÇØ but she was smiling when he opened his eyes, frowning softly back at her and the hand on his collarbone. Did she just want to set some ground rules first? Or did she think herself above fucking in a dressing room?

Charlie?óÔé¼Ôäós gaze fell to where Cordelia?óÔé¼Ôäós cool fingers had wrapped over his hand and he watched dumbly as she extracated herself from him. The musician?óÔé¼Ôäós eyes flicked back up to the brunette?óÔé¼Ôäós face. ?óÔé¼?ôWhat??óÔé¼?Ø he murmured, still not processing. The reporter stepped back enough to set her glass of wine down ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ Charlie thought to do the same, but before he could act on it she was thanking him?óÔé¼ÔÇØ

No, she was rejecting him ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót she? Or at the very least pretending to ?óÔé¼ÔÇØ convincingly, if so. Charlie put his glass down now, hastily, and straightened back up in front of her. His hand hovered just off her waist, where it had been moments before, but he kept his head dipped imploringly. ?óÔé¼?ôCome on, love,?óÔé¼?Ø he drawled with a brittle (unconfident) smirk, ?óÔé¼?ôwe both know you didn?óÔé¼Ôäót have an appointment.?óÔé¼?Ø He wet his lips quickly. He wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót desperate but there was something about her. ?óÔé¼?ôCome back to the hotel and you can ask me whatever you want,?óÔé¼?Ø he offered.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2021, 09:54:46 PM »
He wasn't going to need hexing off of her, at least -- after her lips closed and her hand pushed gently on his collar, Charlie figured it out and pulled away. What? mumbled Charlie Baker, staring at her like she was suddenly a very complicated Arithmancy equation. Cordelia tried to resist the urge to smirk. She utterly failed, cheeks dimpling as she did so.

Whether he meant to or not, Charlie was fanning her ego, here. No appointment? "True," she said, shrugging, voice still light. "Got my interview though, didn't I? Ipso facto, I made an appointment, just last minute." Merlin, she was enjoying this a bit more than she ought to.

Tempting, she almost said. It was true, in an abstract sort of sense. It wasn't like she had a strictly rule about sleeping with her sources, after all. There was an investigator's desire to see what a famous playboy was like in bed, to declare once and for all whether it was the fame or the face or the skills that kept anyone coming back for more. And he was fit, like any pop star must be to make it. Not not her type -- Cordelia did like a tall, dark-haired bloke with big ears and a penchant for pomade.

Luckily, Cordelia had a bloke fitting that description already. He was in County Durham, and he was a better kisser.

The hotel? And here Cordelia thought he meant to shag in on the chaise. "And where are you staying?" Cordelia asked, eyebrows raised, giving him space to answer before adding "Hm, thank you, but I'd rather not." She took a step back, still smiling. "I appreciate the effort, but if I were here to shag the infamous Charlie Baker, I would have been much more intentional." She was glad, in a way, that Charlie had kissed her -- it sucked all of the tension out of the room. Everything felt so much more relaxed now.

But the interview was clearly over. Cordelia closed her eyes, feeling the room for magic and sensing the heavy threads of spells and wards in the air. She opened her eyes and gave Charlie a softer smile. "Perhaps you can show me out, if we're quite finished?"

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2021, 01:41:45 AM »
?óÔé¼?ôHalf an interview,?óÔé¼?Ø he countered, still hoping to use that?óÔé¼ÔÇØthe promise of more?óÔé¼ÔÇØto reel her in, get her back to his room (in his experience, it generally worked).

Charlie wet his lips again, habitually, and tried to gauge her reaction to that offer. He couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót work out if it was journalistic curiosity or genuine interest that led Cordelia to ask where he was staying, and there was a part of him that thought he ought not to tell her unless she was going to be staying with him but?óÔé¼ÔÇØ ?óÔé¼?ôThe Marriott,?óÔé¼?Ø he said, not bothering to explain away their decision to stay in a muggle hotel over a wizarding one (it didn?óÔé¼Ôäót take a rocket scientist to work it out, and he?óÔé¼Ôäód be disappointed if she needed it laid out for her).

At her rebuffal, he almost suggested they just get a drink (first) instead?óÔé¼ÔÇØgive himself time to convince her, maybe he was getting a little desperate now?óÔé¼ÔÇØbut before he got the chance she was making her position that bit clearer. Infamous. Charlie stared at Cordelia, stunned, for a moment, before he laughed -- not menacingly. He realised absently that he was embarrassed.

It was on the tip of his tongue to tell her to see her own way out?óÔé¼ÔÇØthe door was only a few feet away?óÔé¼ÔÇØbut he pushed his bottom lip out in acknowledgement (and respect, somewhere, for having the integrity to decline him) and stepped back, turning as he did so to lead her over to it. Hand on the knob, he paused, half-glancing over his shoulder. He took a step backwards and swung the door open in the same motion.

He let his eyes drag up over her one more time. ?óÔé¼?ôLet me know when you want the other half,?óÔé¼?Ø he said, letting his fingers slip from the cool metal and striding slowly back over to his abandoned glass of wine.

[?á out?á ]

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 08:58:11 PM »

Cordelia shrugged. "Half an interview isn't half bad, is it?" The corner of her mouth dimpled into a cheeky half-smile. Did that usually work? It was quite a trite line. As was his choice of muggle hotel - The Marriott. Not entirely unsurprising, not entirely impressive. Cordelia nodded, acknowledging the location without giving any indication that she would be going there herself.

Oh, he was ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ he was laughing. Cordelia's mouth opened, slightly, not quite a full jaw-drop. What, had she said something funny? Was there something funny about him being rejected? Certainly it was amusing to her, but Charlie also laughing sucked some of the fun out of it. She couldn't really read his expression ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ she had been drinking, she was realizing ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and it was maddening. Somehow, this was the most inscrutable Charlie Baker had been all evening.

Charlie saw her just to the door, which, she realized, unlocked automatically when turned without having to fiddle with the mechanism. Of course. She stepped past him, turned so her profile was facing the door. Let me know when you want the other half, Charlie said, hand dropping from the doorknob. She caught a glimpse of him taking another long drink of wine before the door swung all shut.

Cordelia stared at the dressing room door for a moment, lower lip curled inward and caught on her teeth. Other half. It was almost like he wanted to see her again. Huh. Funny, that. There wasn't much of a story here, yet. Perhaps she would let him know. One day.

Her heels clicked together once, followed by a soft pop. The hallway was empty, the night was quiet.

[?á out?á ]

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal