Author Topic:  It's the most wonderful time of the year [Adara]  (Read 403 times)

2 Posts Seventeen Heterosexual He/Him played by Dylan
It's the most wonderful time of the year [Adara]
« on: August 11, 2022, 07:37:19 AM »

The night before Christmas holidays begin, 2004 | Gryffindor Tower

It had been awhile since Bran had really spent time with Adara one-on-one. The two of them were old friends, since childhood, but, as with most of his friends, he had withdrawn after Nimue’s death. The two still interacted, of course. They were a pair of Beaters for the Gryffindor house team and as such they often ended up working in conjunction with one-another. Still, they didn’t have the same closeness they had when they were younger, and he wondered sometimes if Adara noticed or even cared about it. Maybe he was wrong to think of it, but she seemed so otherwise occupied (and he supposed he could say the same for himself) that he didn’t think she really noticed his absence.

Still, he had gotten her a small gift for the holiday, and wanted to say goodbye before they went to their separate homes for Christmas. The holiday time was not Bran’s favorite anymore. He missed his mother, his sister, resented his soon-to-be step-siblings, and his soon-to-be step-mother (despite her being very kind to him). He wanted to avoid being home, but of course he missed his father and so he would be going home the very next day.

After sneaking back up from the kitchens with a pot of cocoa and some biscuits, he looked for Adara in the common room. He smiled when he saw her, a little flushed but only because she had grown to be so very pretty throughout the years. He didn’t think he had a proper crush on her, but he would be blind to not notice she was more gorgeous now than he remembered her being.

“Got a few?” He asked. “I brought cocoa from the kitchens. I think we should go up the tower a little and hang out? You know, before we have to leave tomorrow.”

@Adara Perkins

And the blind man sleeps in the doorway his home

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

22 Posts 18 het
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 05:17:45 PM »
 Adara had always had a vague sense of disconnect when it came to making or retaining friendships. It came from a place where she was perfectly content by herself and so naturally assumed that inclination was true for everyone else. Those who felt differently tended to need more attention and those who made the space between them widen probably just needed that wiggle room.

It was hard for her to tell, when someone was pulling away purposefully even though they might not necessarily have wanted to. Nuances like that tended to go right over her head. That wasn’t to say she sometimes wished that was different, mostly in times where it would’ve been nice to spend just a little extra time with those few individuals she liked more than the rest.

Which was why her face lit up in a bright grin when she spotted one of those few people emerge from the portrait hole. With cocoa too and, bless him, biscuits? The lioness emerged from the comfort of her blanket fort, graciously lifting up a side of the blanket so he could join her, before settling back in, book momentarily forgotten. She hoped he took her open blanket as an invitation and but felt compel to try to say something. “Mhm. Anything for cocoa and biscuits.” She murmured, quicksilver eyes bright with laughter, as she made little gimmie motions with her hands.

It was nice, really, with the common room calm and empty as it was. She always preferred the spot closest to the fireplace. The sofa was a little on the small side for two people so only the people comfortable enough to be in her bubble tended to disturb the peace. “Anything planned for hols?” She asked curiously, waiting patiently for him to divide the goods.  

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 05:37:23 PM »
 Brandon smiled at her a little and slipped into her blanket fort, snuggling up near her. He felt a sense of calm around Adara that he rarely felt around others, and felt compelled to be himself and not this haughty brat he tended to be. He was a soft person, mostly, not that many got to see it from him. He was often hanging around other popular and well-connected people, trying not to think of his mother or sister or his father and soon-to-be step mother and soon-to-be step-sister. It was hard, though. It was hard to be himself after so long of pretending to be okay. Around Adara, he felt little desire to put on airs, and he liked that.

"Anything for you.' He teased, pouring her a large mug and spreading out the biscuits on napkins. They were nice shortbread ones, some covered in chocolate on the end, and some biscotti too. Let alone, the speculoos that he preferred. He took one of those and smiled at her. "Eh, probably dad is going to be spending time with his soon-to-be wife, meaning I'll end up fighting with her daughter again. Do you know, one of them is twenty and still living at the house, unemployed. I think I would rather die." There was nothing wrong with looking for work, but it seemed she wasn't interested in looking. Also, he was shy of admitting that Perpetua Robbins was his other soon-to-be stepsister, and tried to avoid talking about her. She didn't exist at school. That was one of his rules, though one he broke often. He thought of the way he had dared Alexander Zhen to ask her on a date--and she had agreed to it. Of course she had. Of course she didn't turn Alexander down.... but he hoped Alex would break her heart, maybe. Maybe he wanted to see her cry some over break, or maybe he would feel bad. He wasn't sure which yet.

"What about you? You have an outdoorsy family, so maybe you'll leave the country for somewhere warmer and go camping or rafting or something there, you think?" He asked. "Or, you know, whatever your family does. It hasn't really felt homey since Ma fell off." Fell off the face of the Earth, that is. She was there somewhere... or maybe she was still too high to be on Earth. Maybe she was still suffering. He didn't know, and didn't want to know. He missed her, but knew that thinking her dead was better than seeing her alive and knowing his mother was nowhere inside.... or knowing that she actually had succumbed. He hoped she had gotten help. He really did.

"I got you a little something, you know? I didn't wrap it well." He admitted, digging into his wide pocket for her loosely wrapped gift. They were quidditch gloves, his father had bought them to for him to give her. He had a matching set.

22 Posts 18 het
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 08:26:40 PM »
 It didn't occur to her someone could be one way around her then another way around someone else. Mostly, though, she just didn't care about it so much. Bran was a friend and she always treated him as such even when he acted a little bratty. It wasn't something she really saw often, though, so she was content to let things be.

"You're the best." she complimented with a bit of a squeal, gray eyes dancing happily, Most people just sort of understood she loved food and it would always be a surefire way to make her happy. Something was real special about warm cocoa for her, though, and she took the thermos eagerly. An inelegant snort left her throat mid drink, almost choking a little in the process. Taking a tentative gulp of air, she poked him in the side, as she scolded. "You're not supposed say something ridiculous when someone is drinking." she said with a pout, though she mostly remained amused.

"Whats does she want to do?" the thought of not having some sort of plan after graduation was a frightening thing to her, especially when she knew what she'd wanted to do with the rest of her life since she was eight. She supposed she could feel a bit sorry for someone rudderless and without direction, though, that certainly didn't excuse someone from completely flaking out on life. "Maybe you should snog and play nice?" she offered, raising an eyebrow and grinning.

Snogging seemed to be answer to many a teenage dilemma, from what she'd observed.

"I don't think we have any plans. Just y'know, Christmasy things if they're not super busy. Hols' are difficult for them both, sometimes." she admitted "Probably see the lights and bake cookies and such." she added, perking up a little. She actually really enjoyed making Christmas cookies. "Yea. You can join us, if ya want." she invited, worry furrowing her brow. The holidays were meant to spent in peace, not unhappy. Delight and a soft blush spread over her freckled cheeks. "Oh. Thank you. That was..." sweet, kind, nice. "Rather thoughtful." she said softly reached out to grab her present. Her plans to make him Christmas cookies seemed rather paltry in comparison. "Can I open it, or should I wait?" she asked, blinking up big grey eyes at him.

Adara has always been a sucker for thoughtfulness.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 09:38:56 AM »
 Brandon pulled a face at the idea of snogging his soon-to-be stepsister. Despite talking about the older one, a mental image of himself snogging Perpetua flashed through his mind, and he nearly choked on his cocoa. “Gross!” He laughed lightly. “She’s my sister, or will be… anyway.” He shrugged. “I mean, if you wanted to snog, that would be one thing, but not.. her. Please no.” He teased lightly. He watched her take the present from him and smiled at her. “Go on, open it. I want to see your reaction.” He smiled, looking back and forth between the package and her eyes. He hoped she liked it. He had thought it would have been a good gift, especially since he had a pair of his own and knew they were great.

“Maybe I’ll stop by your house this holiday season.” He smiled. “We can make a gingerbread house together or something. Then eat the whole thing and feel sugar sick.” He laughed. He watched the package again. “I’m hoping you like your gift. It’s not much, but I thought you’d enjoy it anyway.”

22 Posts 18 het
Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year [Adara]
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 11:43:38 PM »
"Don't be mean." she clucked in disapproval, poking his side a bit as she shook her hair out. She'd never been one to tolerate that sort of thing, and Perpetua seemed just the type to inspire ridicule in others. She softened a bit at his next words, soothed he wasn't actually trying to poke fun, as she sunk deeper into the warm cocoon they'd somehow made themselves.

"What if I said I did want to snog?' she asked curiously, as she peered up at him thoughtfully. Bran was attractive, obviously, though she'd never thought about snogging him until this exact moment. She felt herself flush, before a grin overtook her face. "Anyway - I don't just want to snog anyone y'know? It should be-" she fought for the right words, bitting her lip before she looked up again. "- something special I guess." she added softly, contemplating something she didn't usually. "I want to snog someone that really wants to snog me and I really want to snog back." she added, a bit of a sparkle to her eyes. She wasn't sure if Bran would be that serious about anyone before, and she wasn't going to go poking and prodding at something like that anyway, though she was curious.

"All right." she agreed softly, a warm feeling blossoming in her chest as she opened her gift. Her fingers wrapped around the supple material, pleased, as they ran over the rather fantastic quality. "Thanks, Bran." she managed with a smile, looking back up at her friend and impulsively giving him a kiss on the cheek in thanks, face flushing a tiny amount as she sat back. It wasn't a snog by any means, but she had felt his thoughtful sweetness deserved an equal response. "You should." she invited. "I know my parents will spoil you, too." she tacked on with a laugh.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal