Author Topic:  anyone but you | danny  (Read 647 times)

429 Posts played by Rinn
Re: anyone but you | danny
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2023, 09:34:03 AM »
All in all, this date wasn’t off to a bad start. And with his date track record, it was almost a miracle. Sure she had wanted to leave the second she had seen his face but honestly, the whole ZipZap thing was Old Danny (in theory). And either way, it’s not like it would be a repeat occurrence considering he was Banned with a capital B.

So. Tots were on his brain and he attempted to not forget all of the girl things Freya and one-girlfriend-wonder Jere had told him. Of course, she could pick the drinks. He was fun, daring, but… that smirk on her face made him pause and he shifted on the barstool as she ordered him a Hemingway. Shit. That was bold. Why did he like her that much more now?

“You’re playing a dangerous game here, Mady,” Danny said with a grin, half-hidden as he rubbed his jaw.

But hey, he was game.

Her question made him laugh, his head titling back slightly. What a question. “You know, of all the things, I think that’s the least I was concerned about in that moment. But it’s an interesting conundrum, isn’t it.” Points for using fancy schmancy words, right? “You’re probably smarter than me—“ And a compliment, damn, he was killing it here. “—What do you think happened to my little upchucking gift?”

The drinks arrived and Danny couldn’t help but grin and shake his head. “This might be the worse decision of my life,” he said jovially as he held up his glass to hers. “Cheers.”

106 Posts 22 played by samm
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2023, 06:24:32 PM »
“It’s Mads,” she repeated, but she was fairly certain he was just messing with her now. And even though she hated it, her smile betrayed the fact that she didn’t hate it that much. She’d just always been called Mads, it wasn’t like someone she hated had ever called her Mady. And she supposed if Danny was willing to let her order him terrible drinks all night, she could put up with his calling her by the wrong name. There were worse directions that things could go, after all.

“Not sure,” she began to explain, her opposite hand resting more casually than before in her lap as she began to relax. Madelyn watched as their drinks were brought to them, and she sat straight enough to reach for her pint as Danny claimed his. Hemingway was a brilliant author, but in her opinion, he was no master mixologist. The strange combination of champagne and absinthe certainly left something to be desired, and Madelyn’s eyes crinkled as she watched him bring the frothy, milk-looking substance up to cheers.

“My guess is it’s still out there, floating about, waiting for an opening…” A truly disgusting thought, and not something that should be discussed on a proper date, but this wasn’t a proper date, now was it? She raised her glass, cheering to him and his terrible drink. “Bet you ten quid that it catches up to you one day.”

429 Posts played by Rinn
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2023, 12:22:57 AM »
"Yeah, that's what I said," Danny replied dumbly, blinking at her. Wait, had he called her Megan or something? Darnit. He really needed to pay more attention, but he was 90% sure he had said Mady...

Danny grimaced, but he wasn't entirely sure if it was due to her stellar choice of drinks or at the thought of his vomit floating about just waiting to get reacquainted. Either way, he was reconsidering his life choices. But just barely. His first sip of the drink had him squeezing his eyes shut and swallowing and then he couldn't help the grin that spread across his face. "This is payback for that trip, isn't it?" he said laughing. He admired her zeal though. This had to be the worst drink he'd ever had. And so, of course, he proceeded to keep drinking it.

"Only ten quid? Wow, you could bet a lot more. That's just the kind of karma that would hit me. My own vomit coming back for a visit from the ether.."

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2023, 10:52:31 PM »
“It’s not what you said, though,” she corrected him. Madelyn wasn’t even sure why she was choosing to die on this hill—other than the fact that it was her name, so she ought to choose it, right? She wrinkled her nose at him, frowning.

The arrival of their drinks (and his decidedly terrible one), did lighten her mood a little though, so Mads (not Mady) watched with malicious delight as he took the first sip. She expected a lad who could get piss drunk and throw up between time and space had probably had his fair share of (cheap) badly tasting alcohol, but the look on his face had her snorting with a laugh. “Serves you right,” she said, cheering him in her own way by holding up her beer, as he spoke about karma coming back to hit him.

Danny might have called her the wrong name multiple times, and thrown up when she’d apparated them (multiple times), but he was taking that drink like a champ, and that was strangely endearing. “Fifteen quid then,” she added, laughing again.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:53:30 PM by samm »

429 Posts played by Rinn
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 11:14:33 PM »
"It's not?" he asked, a dumb look of confusion on his face, his brows furrowed a bit. He wasn't arguing that he was right - he knew he was probably wrong, just because that's what it always felt like and odds were that Mady was way smarter than him anyway. "What'd I'd say?" Hoping to Merlin that he hadn't called her Megan or Mandy by accident or something.

Danny grinned a little around the glass as she laughed at him. He smiled, liking that expression on her face much better than the scowl she had greeted him with. He was glad he could make her laugh, even after everything. "You're enjoying this too much," he accused lightly.

"Alright, still playing it safe, but I'll take it," he said, holding out his hand for her to shake in agreement of the bet. He glanced down at his palm and then looked back up at her, "Should we spit on them first?" Danny asked, thinking of how the spit handshake made things seem more official, but his eyes crinkled at the corners and his lips upturned into a grin as he met her gaze, just waiting for her reaction.

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2023, 01:20:49 PM »
“Dunnah matter,” Madelyn said with a shrug, only it did matter, didn’t it? She sipped her beer and watched Danny, wondering if he wasn’t sure what he’d said, or if he’d done it on purpose. He seemed like a funny guy, but it was easier to laugh when he was suffering and not her. He said she was enjoying herself, and she smiled knowingly at him. “Nah, not really,” she said, pretending like he wasn’t entertaining in the slightest even though he was.

Danny held his hand out for her to shake, and Madelyn wondered if this was the sort of deal she should be getting herself into, especially since winning meant he’d be getting thrown up on and then coming to find her to pay up, if he was the honest sort. Madelyn lifted her open hand toward his, not counting on ever seeing that fifteen quid anyway, until Danny brought up spitting on them. “Urgh, no,” she said, immediately pulling her hand before laughing at him.

“No spitting, and mek sure yow clean up before yow come pay me me fifteen quid.” Madelyn explained, stretching her hand back toward him. “Go on, drink up.” Madelyn nodded to what was left of his horrible drink, before she took another sip from hers.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 01:21:47 PM by samm »

429 Posts played by Rinn
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2023, 09:29:00 PM »
"It doesn't? Then why'd you say it?" he asked, even more confused now. A distant bell rung in his head somewhere that this was girl logic and he wouldn't have a clue on how to decipher this without Tricky's help. That is, if he remained sober enough to remember all of this later.. Big if.

He was thissss close to grabbing her hand, but she caught on too quick and he laughed with her as she pulled away. "Alright, alright, how about a regular one then?" he said, a good-natured smile on his face as he still left his hand offered to her. If his dating life had had any benefit so far, it was that rejection didn't really sting as much as it used to.

"Deal," he said, giving her a sly wink, shaking her hand and then turning back to his drink. "Yes ma'am," Danny added smartly as she nodded to his drink. He chugged more of the drink, grimacing as it went down and then burping before he glanced at her. "It's absolutely disgusting," he said, but with the biggest grin on his face.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2023, 01:53:00 PM »
“Dunno why…” Madelyn admitted with a shrug, turning back to her drink so she could avoid his eye. And maybe that was the most honest she’d been with Danny all night. Madelyn hardly ever understood her own motives. Sometimes she was bold and daring, sometimes she knew exactly what she wanted, and Merlin couldn’t get in her way. Other times, she shrugged things off even though they clearly bothered her. She’d pretend to let things go, only to let them fester. She ignored her emotions because it was easier than confronting them.

“Me name does matter, of course, but is it worth squabbling with a wizard who’s at least halfway to being legless?” She took another sip from her drink, dulling the thought. Returning to the idea of a wager, Madelyn let Danny shake her hand (with no spit involved) and then discreetly brushed her palm on her pant leg. Danny did as she requested, drinking the last of his horrible drink and Madelyn smiled genuinely at him. He suffered with a smile on, and it made her laugh. “You’re a right odd one, you know that, don’t ya?”

Raising her hand toward the bartender, Madelyn turned quiet as she waited to order another round of drinks.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal