Author Topic:  [Isle of Mordred, Wales] I have won this deviation by design [Rosaline]  (Read 477 times)

68 Posts Thirty-six Guilt He/Him played by Dylan
January 2005 | Isle of Mordred, Wales

It felt strange now, to be without his wedding band—the thing that kept him grounded and focused on what he wanted to do to Luther Layton. He had spent so long chasing his revenge on the older man that he could barely believe that things had come to this. He was free, a free agent again, freshly divorced, but still engaged. It was not necessarily appropriate for him to get engaged to another woman, then divorced from his wife, but all involved, now, knew that there was more to the story than what he thought. Poor Leona had deserved better than the way he treated her, and he did feel bad for it, but there was something about Rosaline that he couldn’t keep himself away from. He loved her, despite his best efforts not to. He wanted her, wanted to keep her, and never wanted to let her go. If anything, she was a reason for living and not just a hitch in his plan. In fact, as day passed with Rosa, his eagerness to fulfil the plan had faded to a gentle nagging behind his worry lines from the fiery holocaust that had previously burned in his chest. He almost… didn’t care if he completed the plan. He didn’t care if Luther got away, not if there was a chance of losing Rose in the process. He knew she grew wary of being the mistress, and there was only so long he could keep her hidden before she screamed to be seen.

Engel had been quite simple with telling Christoph what to do, and after nearly a year of angsting, he had finally gone through with his best friend’s request. Divorce her, Engel had said. Such a simple out, but things were more complicated than that, weren’t they? He had Luther to think of, and his wife, and how could he make the other go away if he lost his trust and his rapport with the older man? There was no way to keep Luther on his side if he divorced Leona, as he would need to give both the man and his daughter a reason for it—and Christoph was a masterful liar, but in this instance, Leona deserved the truth. In fact, she had known. She had met Rosaline, seen her, heard of her. She had been jealous of the time Christoph spent with his “student” and away from home, and on “business.” She had been unhappy for a while, feeling as though she lost her prince the day she said ‘I do.’ Maybe she had, really, as that had been the day Christoph learned he loved Rosa, more than anyone, more than life. He had saved her life that night, but he had also been responsible for her near-death. He felt guilty and torn, and not even Rose really knew the truth about it. Not yet. Maybe never.

Even so, he had given her a ring and his promise, and that had kept Rosaline satisfied for some time, but she had been growing restless and he understood. He was restless, too. He wanted to live with her, spend time with her, grow old with her and father her children. These were things Christoph had not thought he would ever want again with anyone else, after Lydia. Rosaline had given him hope for the future—something he had not had for a long time. At last, the ending he had once seen so clearly, him going out in a green burst from the tip of his own wand, seemed to fade away into obscurity. He no longer wanted to die like that. He wanted to live. With her. For her.

He had even gone so far as to travel to her mother’s home, where she was held on house arrest for her upcoming trial, and speak to Persephone, as the Bane family matriarch. He told the woman he was divorced, for her, and prepared to give his life to her daughter. He humbly asked for Rosaline’s hand, and despite some challenges between himself and Persephone, the woman granted him permission and seemed somewhat softened and surprised to find that he had truthfully divorced his wife for her daughter. She did not know the whole story, but knew enough—Rose had not hidden that she was his mistress from her family, but rarely did a man leave his wife for his mistress. Rarely, but in this case, certainly.

He did not owl ahead to Rosaline’s Welsh island home, but instead wanted to surprise her. He had brought a small bouquet of black amandine ranunculus flowers, named as they were such a dark burgundy that they appeared black at first viewing. He had along with him, a black cat cameo locket in a delicate box, something to showcase something special that th e two of them shared, and the way they had first become closer than close—her exposing herself as an animagus. He knocked on the door firmly and in quick succession.

When her house elf answered, she smiled brightly at him, knowing that his presence would please her master. That, and Christoph was very kind to her as a rule, as he always was to house elves. Pleases and thank yous and even compliments to their cooking were common for him. Occasionally he might even leave her a small gift, never clothing, but certainly a trinket to play with or something intoxicating to drink—a little alcohol went a long way for a small elf. He let her lead his way to Rosaline’s chambers, and sat on a sofa there while he waited for his love to attend him. The elf brought him a glass of room-temperature whiskey over a very large ball of ice, and he sipped it slower than usual. He was in better spirits and feeling lighter than he had in a long time. His finger felt naked, but he wondered how long it might take Rosaline to notice, or if he would need to tell her the news with words.

“Rosa,” He smiled, standing as she entered to greet her “You look as lovely as always. Let’s talk.” He suggested. “We have several important things to discuss.”

@Rosaline Bane
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:27:20 AM by Dylan »
now i am the violence; i am the sickness

won't accept your silence; beg me for forgiveness

171 Posts
Click. Clack. Click. Clack Rosaline had been nervously pacing around her office for the last several hours. She knew what she needed to do. There was one more obstacle to be eliminated. She had tried to convince herself that she wasn't this person, but who was she kidding? There was one more person standing between her mother and freedom: just one more rat. There always seemed to be just one more.

Rosaline had been visibly startled when the small house elf came to fetch her. Nim knew her mistress well enough that such a reaction was of great concern, and Rose could see it on her face, but she was thankful that Nim also knew well enough not to press it at the moment. The witch downed a small vial of something stashed away in her desk and quietly reassured the house elf. "It's nothing. Just for my nerves."

Things with Christoph had felt heavier as of late. He was, as far as she knew, still very much married to her cousin. He said that he loved her, but she wasn't sure. Men told their mistresses all sorts of things. Rosaline wanted desperately to believe that Christoph was different. He seemed different. But, was that just what she wanted to see or was that reality?

Rose offered a warm smile when she'd finally reached him and he had stood to greet her. That smile gradually disappeared, however, as he had continued to speak. Let's talk usually didn't mean anything good. She braced herself. What a silly, delusional little girl she was.

"Thank you." She gave a little nod, clasping her hands in front of her. "Of course."

Christoph was surprised a little bit that Rosaline didn’t immediately notice the lack of his wedding band, but he did understand. She seemed a little stressed, and he hoped their conversation would go well. He didn’t imagine that it would not go well, necessarily, but there was always some pressure for a  serious conversation.  He offered her a small smile, and reached for her clasped hands.

“I’ve…” He paused, trying to find the right words. He didn’t want to just blurt things out, but he didn’t want to dance around the point either. “I’ve changed my direction.” He admitted. “I was so invested in being near Luther that I realize that I have almost neglected you as my future wife.” He sighed. “So, I’ve made an executive decision regarding things with him. I’ve weighed my options, and I’ve decided that I choose you, Rosa.” He smiled lightly at her, cupping her hand.

“I didn’t want to say anything before it was done, but it’s official, now. I’m divorced, and I’m ready to be just yours. Fuck Luther.” He smiled. “I love you, Rosaline.” He promised. “I even talked to your mother, you know. She’s given her blessing, all things considered. We can marry any time you’re ready.”

He showed his hand to her, to enforce the truth. His ring was no-longer on his finger.

171 Posts
Rosaline's expression softened when Christoph reached for her hands, and she let him. She listened, and the words that she'd expected to come out never came. "Truly?" She asked, gauging his response. He was choosing her?

The corners of her lips curled up into a small smile. She'd waited so long to hear this, and now that she was hearing it she almost couldn't believe her own ears. Her eyes darted over his hands. No ring. He'd even gone so far as to get her mother's blessing. Truly, she was impressed.

A full-on grin had replaced her cautious smile. "I love you too, Christoph." And she kissed him. She'd never meant to fall in love with Christoph Klein, but now she was ready to spend forever with him.

Christoph kissed back, deep and lingering. He had expected, to some degree, for Rosaline to be cautious, if not full-on skeptical, but it seemed she understood that he did truly mean what he was saying to her. He held her hands tighter, lacing their fingers, and pulling back from the kiss to look at her with adoring eyes. He felt… strangely lighter now. He still hated Luther. He still wanted him gone, but there was something about Rosaline that made him less concerned about revenge and more concerned about having a future–an actual future with her.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking for a ceremony, a time of year, a reception… but I want this to be whatever you like, Rosa.” he explained. “I know your first wedding was subdued, so this can be everything you ever dreamed of having for your wedding, or we can do something quiet and elope…” He offered, unsure what she would prefer. “Honestly, as long as I’m with you, I don’t mind if we get married at the ministry wearing potato sacks, though admittedly that would not be my preference.” He teased gently.

“My mother will be thrilled. She liked you a lot, you know, and I think… your mother is coming around.” He smiled lightly. “I don’t think she expected me to be serious about this, but I am serious. I am very seriously devoted to you.” A beat.

“You know, I haven’t told Engel yet.” He smiled. “He’ll be happier than you are, I imagine.”

171 Posts
Re: [Isle of Mordred, Wales] I have won this deviation by design [Rosaline]
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 07:50:48 AM »
Rosaline listened as Christoph spoke, her eyes bright and a smile still dancing across her lips. She nodded along. Of course! They had so much planning to do now!

But, there was still the matter of her mother's freedom. How could she plan her future when her mother's was still so unsure? He didn't even know, and she'd have to keep this from him. After all, if he had truly given up his pursuit of her uncle then it was unlikely that he would necessarily approve of her putting herself at risk like this.

"We'll sort it all out, my love." She assured him. Rose was happy to have gotten his mother's approval, though her own mother was, indeed, a tougher sell on the matter. "Well, Mother liked you until we became.. involved. That's why she introduced us in the first place. She thought you'd be a good mentor for me. I'm sure that you can win her back."

Rose couldn't help but to chuckle a little at the mention of Engel. "I have a feeling that you're right about that. He's finally gotten his way, hasn't he?" And she was happy for it.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 02:46:02 PM »
“I met with your mother, you know.” He explained, after a moment. “Asked for her blessing, and she was surprised but she gave it ultimately.” Christoph grinned, a little proud of himself for asking for Rose’s hand despite the conflicts there. “I think she’s coming around. Leaving my wife for you was a good sign.” He smiled at her, reaching out his hand for hers.

“I am excited to spend forever with you, Rosa.” He promised, giving her hand a little rub with his thumb. “I’m certain Engel will be thrilled, but for the fun of it–let’s tell him together. His meddling always works, the bastard.” He joked, knowing he loved Engel even more for it. Engel had told him to divorce his wife multiple times, and Christoph had always thought it impossible… until he realized that it was fully within his power.

“What were you thinking? Time of year, theme, all of it.” He wondered. “If you’ve thought of it, I mean. You might not have, after your last wedding.” He nodded. “I want this to be everything you want it to be, but as I’ve mentioned, I would be okay with anything, as long as I see you at the end of the aisle.”

171 Posts
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2024, 02:58:28 PM »
Rose thought that it was very romantic that Christoph had even considered asking her mother for her blessing. She was surprised, however, that Persephone had actually given it. Her fiance was probably correct, however, in assuming that his decision to actually leave Leona had something to do with it. Persephone had played the mistress with Rose's father as well as Alis's, after all, and she was familiar with "the game." Rose was fortunate that it had turned out differently for her, and she knew that. It didn't happen often.

She gave his hand a little squeeze when he took it, and gazed adoringly into his eyes as he spoke. "And I you." She assured. "That's a great idea. I can't wait to see the look on his face."

Rose pondered his question for a moment. "I think that an autumn wedding would be nice." She smiled. "You know I've always been partial to that time of year."

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2024, 03:24:14 PM »
“Autumn, perfect.” He agreed. “October or November?” He wondered. “Halloween?” He teased lightly. He smiled widely at her. “We should plan a trip, too.” He decided. “Soon, as an engagement affair, and again for the honeymoon. Would you like to go back to see my family, or are you more interested in going somewhere new?” He wondered. He knew his mother would be fine either way, as much as he’d love to show Rose off as his official fiancee.

“How should we tell Engel?” He wondered. “Just wait for him to see the ring? I’m certain he’ll notice.” He laughed.

“Why don’t we head out to the club now, and I’m sure he’ll be there or soon to be there, anyway.”

171 Posts
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2024, 04:21:45 PM »
"We'll nail down the specifics soon." Rose assured him. "I was thinking somewhere tropical for the honeymoon, however. What do you think?" It would be cold, by then, in Great Britain after all. Some sunshine would probably do them both some good at that point.

Rose nodded enthusiastically at his next suggestion. "We should just turn up and wait for him to notice-- you're right. Just let me get my things, set up a few wards, and then we can go."

With that, she did just as she'd said and they were ready to depart.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2024, 12:00:15 AM »
Christoph smiled warmly at her, feeling as though he was smiling more than he had ever done. After she warded the home, he took her hand and side-alonged her to the London club. He was eager to see what his best friend would think, say, and how quickly he’d notice. He was glad Rosaline was pleased, and eager to see how things would go with her and the wedding plans. He already knew she was the one, far more than Leona ever was, and maybe even more than how he had felt for Lydia, considering. It was an interesting thought, but not one he dwelled on. Things were easy when he married Lydia, but things were not as easy with Rose, and that made it more impactful to him.

He took her coat at the door, checked it in, and went to the bar to order his normal double whiskey on ice, and whatever the lady would have as well. This would be an fun and interesting night, though the best part had already passed.

[[out]]

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal