Author Topic:  [Isle of Mordred; Wales] The things we do (and don't) for fa  (Read 1981 times)

36 Posts
[Isle of Mordred; Wales] The things we do (and don't) for fa
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 08:18:03 PM »
Iago let out a sigh at Roses confirmation. It was one thing to suspect, but another to know for certain. He wanted nothing more than to grab Gabriella into his arms and hold her tightly, like a child, and reassure her that wasnt at all the case. That he was happy she had lived, and but that would have been treating her like a child, would it not? And that in some ways would have been worse. Their father had constantly taunted gabriella with child-like insults, and any insinuation that she was childish, or needed to be treated as such was likely to have the opposite effect.

I suppose I could arrange to come for lunch after your visit with gabriella... he offered up. Not dinner, because he had made it a point to always eat dinner with his children, unless they were with their grandparents, and even then Iago was often along. It was something that he was immovable about. There's so much I wish I knew does she have a garden? Horses? Im certain he must have a library, shes mentioned reading with his daughter in it But to have lost everything, and be a stranger in a new home, without anything of her own to make it hers... Iago of course had no way of knowing that gabriella had already started moving some of her things there before the fire, or that Dermod had been able to save some of what was most precious to her.

ÔÇ£He was able to save some of her cats, you know...ÔÇØ he mused, pleased at least that the man cared enough about his sister to save those stupid creatures that his sister loved so much. He tolerated no animals in his home, and was annoyed that Gabriella insisted that the apartments allow residents to have them. But he didnÔÇÖt have to see them, so at least there was that. When she made her demands, Iago couldnÔÇÖt help but smile. ÔÇ£Yes Mother.ÔÇØ he teased. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll write her. I promise.ÔÇØ
http://mhrpg.org/images/2019/07/30/iago-copy9607d6b4c3b22fd2.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

http://mhrpg.org/images/2019/07/30/iagotag-copy2668f835fe25f8cc.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

171 Posts
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »
"I think that she would probably like that very much." Rose assured him. It was true that Iago had mistreated his sister, among other people, in the past. However, she could tell that he was changing. At least he seemed to be trying to. Or perhaps that was just what she wanted to believe? She had always been very fond of him, though they'd had some disputes of their own. There was that week in Paris that she did her best to forget. She hadn't told a soul. And she wouldn't. If it were up to her, that secret would go to their graves. Regardless, at least he seemed genuinely concerned. He was a good person, underneath it all.

Rosaline was glad to hear that Gabriella's cats were, in fact, safe. Or at least most of them. The two women had bonded over their common interests. They had much in common, which was why she was never really sure why she had always been so accepted in their families and the older woman had not.

And there was Iago's smart mouth again. The brunette forced herself not to smile. That would only encourage him. Instead, she simply looked over at him and replied, "Oh, you of all people should be very thankful that I couldn't possibly be your mother."

He'd know that she was joking. Probably. "Good."

36 Posts
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 03:00:03 PM »
Oh are you threatening to punish me? Iago smirked at her, unable to stop the words from leaving his mouth. He really shouldnt joke like that with her anymore of course those thoughts were quickly interrupted. And he was grateful for that, he had to remind himself that she was married, and Paris was never, ever happening again.

Iago sighed and straightened up at a small chime on his watch. ÔÇ£And thatÔÇÖs my ÔÇÿtwo hours till dinnerÔÇÖ alarm.ÔÇØ he said with a bit of sadness. He was rather fond of rose and really wanted to spend more time with her, but he was determined to eat dinner with his children every night he could manage it. He made sure he always let them know ahead of time when he wouldnÔÇÖt be able to, and it was heartbreaking how they frowned but said they understood. At times the two could be so mature for their age, but Iago wasnÔÇÖt fooled. His little manipulative sociopaths reminded him more of Grandmother CostelloÔÇÖs stories of little Lara. he smiled softly at the thought of his children again, less saddened by having to leave Rose now.

And unfortunately, the portkey to Neroli leaves in 45 minutes. apparating to London at least wouldnt be a problem, but from Wales to the mediteranian hed only known one person to apparate that far in one straight shot. And Lara had horrifically splinched herself in the process. At least theyd managed to mostly heal her. Though seeing a real healer would have been a help..
http://mhrpg.org/images/2019/07/30/iago-copy9607d6b4c3b22fd2.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

http://mhrpg.org/images/2019/07/30/iagotag-copy2668f835fe25f8cc.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

36 Posts
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »
Iago laughed at her reaction, the grin still on his face as she glared at him. Their relationship was entirely an odd one, and with her being engaged and about to be married, Iago knew that the odd flirtations that happened between them would have to stop. Not that he was entirely disappointed by the prospect. When he wasnÔÇÖt around her, he often wondered what had come over him. His father and her grandfather were cousins. Perhaps her being married would help him finally break that connection. It was better this way. They needed to put that behind them.

Returning her Hug, iago held on a little longer than usual. ÔÇ£I miss you. You know that right?ÔÇØ for once he was being serious. She pulled away first, as he promised to write them both. ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt worry, IÔÇÖll tell them that i saw you, and probably spend most of dinner being interrogated as to how youÔÇÖre doing, when youÔÇÖre coming to visit, and everything else under the sun about Zia RosaÔÇØ the two of them walked to the front door as they said their goodbyes, and Iago, headed out to apparate back in time for his port key. The last thing he wanted to do was miss dinner with his children.

[out]

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal