Author Topic:  Ollivander's Wand Directory - REOPENED!  (Read 5941 times)

210 Posts nineteen Heterosexual she/her played by soph
  • she was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances
  • trophy closet
  • Participated at the Academy Anansi July/August 2001 Registered a wand from Ollivanders or the British Isles Couple of the Month Winner Sapphire Unicorn Lucky Horseshoes corgi power!! This driver or character won or was runner-up for an Anniversary 2018 Poll! Deirdre's Followers Muggleborn Character Working Class Family Member
Re: Ollivander's Wand Directory - REOPENED!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 04:08:19 PM »
We can switch to August for eilis, no biggie!
I actually just checked her sheet and I said she purchased her wand in wizarding dublin -- but I assume that doesn't actually make sense and she would have had to come to london for that (unless ollivander's has an outlet store? lol)

é i l í s   e a v a n   h e a l e y

64 Posts 87 heteroallosexual he/him/his played by Taed
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 10:40:08 AM »
conveniently, mr macnair's reason for possessing an old family heirloom already led me to question whether a similar situation might not be relevant to lionel and the shop literally being closed makes that a necessity. I would be happy to retcon to something older (perhaps purchased in, idk, early February 1948, a late-in-life second wand possessed by a great-great-uncle Torcall or something after an unfortunate mishap with his first?). maybe box 29846 would work?

It took me a few weeks to realise this was your retcon suggestion  ;D but I love it, so it is now canon (and updated in the registrations table). Thank you!

We can switch to August for eilis, no biggie!
I actually just checked her sheet and I said she purchased her wand in wizarding dublin -- but I assume that doesn't actually make sense and she would have had to come to london for that (unless ollivander's has an outlet store? lol)

August switch made! Up to you whether Eilis came to London or not.  Outlet store is a possibility though I don't know when it would be open since Ollivanders main branch didn't re-open until August 1. We can suspend logic there if need be haha.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:42:43 AM by Taed »

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2023, 01:50:05 PM »
Summer Heather, Winter Heather, Olive, Lilac, and Almond/Peach added to the Wand Woods.

Wand woods species are "complete" - this was never intended to be a full quantitative list of species, just fairly common ones.

I am still compiling the wand qualities and wizard qualities of many genera.
I am also still compiling the wand cores.

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 04:31:15 PM »
A paragraph has been added to the top of the "Wandmakers & Regions" post about subjects needed for apprentice wandmakers.

Simple, alphabetical lists of wand woods and wand cores have been added to their respective posts.
- Hoping to work out a way to hide the mega-tables as "spoilers" unless people actually want more information.

Being the nerd that I am, I'm trying to populate the wand qualities and wizard qualities for the woods by using a combination of evolutionary history and "big magical events" -- more details on this to come, but suffice it to say that the reason some types of trees work and some don't is because of what magic did 201 million years ago, 94 million years ago, 76 million years ago, 59 million years ago, 49 million years ago, and 33.5 million years ago. (Spoiler: one of them isn't the K–Pg Extinction event, but it is magic's eventual reaction to the K-Pg Extinction event. :P)

925 Posts 31 🔮 she/her GMT+10
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 02:43:52 AM »
  • Character Name: @Camm Erskine
  • Wand Box №: 45458
  • Wood, Core, Length: aspen, unicorn tail hair, 11 inches
  • Purchase Date: August 8th, 1994
  • Trait (optional): good for charms (as per his sheet)

also can i just unregister gianna regan since her account is deleted pls

sandbox | shipper

766 Posts 36 36 homo·allosexual he/him/they he/him/they EST (GMT-5) played by Taed
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023, 07:28:19 AM »
  • Character Name: @Camm Erskine
  • Wand Box №: 45458
  • Trait (optional): good for charms (as per his sheet)
"Trait" here would be "rigid" "springy" or "flexible", not the wand specialties. Other than that, Camm is registered! @lee or other admin, could you please provide him the Wand Chooses the Wizard badge?

No need to un-register Gianna - keeping her in the directory helps fill it up. There are other non-played characters and NPCs listed in there as well ;)

[lia]done[/lia]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:14:28 AM by lee »

925 Posts 31 🔮 she/her GMT+10
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023, 09:32:13 AM »
"Trait" here would be "rigid" "springy" or "flexible", not the wand specialties. Other than that, Camm is registered! @lee or other admin, could you please provide him the Wand Chooses the Wizard badge?

No need to un-register Gianna - keeping her in the directory helps fill it up. There are other non-played characters and NPCs listed in there as well ;)

[lia]done[/lia]

then the trait can be whatever, i'm not too fussed.

i would like for her to be unregistered please. if you want i can add some NPCs to the list to help flesh it out

sandbox | shipper

32 Posts 14 Bisexual she/her played by Carys
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2023, 09:52:38 AM »
  • Character Name: @Amandine Patenaude
  • Wand Box №: 34060
  • Wood, Core, Length: Walnut, unicorn tail hair, 11 1/5"
  • Purchase Date: Tuesday, 30th July 2002 (Amandine's family travelled over from France and wanted to miss the crowds)
  • Trait (optional): slightly springy

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2023, 12:05:55 PM »
  • Character Name: @Amandine Patenaude
  • Wand Box №: 34060
  • Wood, Core, Length: Walnut, unicorn tail hair, 11 1/5"
  • Purchase Date: Tuesday, 30th July 2002 (Amandine's family travelled over from France and wanted to miss the crowds)
  • Trait (optional): slightly springy
Registered, and may I say Mr. Ollivander was quite pleased to have international commerce?

@lee you've become my go-to haha. Could Miss Patenaude be given the Wand Chooses the Wizard badge? Thank you!

[lia]done![/lia]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 01:07:48 PM by lee »

766 Posts 36 36 homo·allosexual he/him/they he/him/they EST (GMT-5) played by Taed
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 09:16:16 AM »
I know nobody is nearly as geeked about this as I am but I still want to share that
at long last, the Wand Woods list is COMPLETE

Next up, finishing the Wand Cores ;)

829 Posts 47 she/her GMT played by Carys
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2023, 05:57:13 PM »
I know nobody is nearly as geeked about this as I am but I still want to share that
at long last, the Wand Woods list is COMPLETE

Next up, finishing the Wand Cores ;)
I need to waste spend some time checking out the traits and tyes of magic attributed and how they suit my chars when it's not past my bedtime but

"capacity to learn and adapt, and eager for new experience, but may combust if allowed to get bored"/"adventurous, curious, vital" seems to suit @Hunter Street impressively well :D

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2023, 03:12:43 PM »
And again, I suspect few of you are nearly as ecstatic about this as me, but I wish to report that
at long last, the Wand Cores list is ALSO COMPLETE!

Now that my OCD is hopefully satisfied, maybe I can get some roleplay posts written.

But also since Mr. Ollivander doesn't get much RP time, he would definitely love to either register your already-declared wands
(this thread, here's the start)

or even pair you with a perfect new wand to match your character or yourdriverself
(Game Thread, "Let the Wand Choose YOU")

8 Posts 15 Homosexual played by Bell
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2024, 01:54:24 PM »
  • Please Add the Wand of: @Kiril Bojkov
  • Affiliated Wandmaker: Жезлы Тезарови - Zhezly Tezarovicha (Rods of Tezarovich)
  • Wood, Length, Core: Alder, Eurasian shoal-cait scale, 9 ½ inches
  • Purchase Date: 1 May 2001
  • Trait (optional): Inflexible
Kept it inside, didn't tell no one else // Didn't even wanna admit it to yourself

And now your chest burns and your back aches // From 15 years of holding the pain

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2024, 02:30:05 PM »
  • Please Add the Wand of: @Kiril Bojkov
  • Affiliated Wandmaker: Жезлы Тезарови - Zhezly Tezarovicha (Rods of Tezarovich)
  • Wood, Length, Core: Alder, Eurasian shoal-cait scale, 9 ½ inches
  • Purchase Date: 1 May 2001
  • Trait (optional): Inflexible
Congratulations and thank you for registering Yashchik 15186 from Zhezly Tezarovicha!

@Inga or @Dylan could you please give Mr. Bojkov the "Wand Chooses the Zauberer" badge? Thank you!

done
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 02:34:35 PM by Inga »

14 Posts 11 she/her played by Carys
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2024, 04:10:02 PM »
  • Character Name: Sara Lee
  • Wand Box №: 56142 ("5+6 = my age, then 14/2 is my birthdate in British formatting - my wand chose me!")
  • Wood, Core, Length: 8 3/5", birch, dragon heartstring
  • Purchase Date: Saturday 30th July 2005 (Dad was very busy at work so they came on a weekend)
  • Trait (optional): in case you want one or put one in your profile

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal