July 28, 2021, 11:59:04 AM

Author Topic:  [mp] the spirit of christmas | magnolia  (Read 140 times)

Rowen Reinhardt [ Ravenclaw ]
52 Posts  •  Age: 15  •  her  •  played by Samm
[mp] the spirit of christmas | magnolia
« on: December 11, 2020, 05:58:06 AM »
december 2003

Rowen sighed, condemning the entire situation with a roll of her icy blue eyes, and rested her chin in her hand. Elbow on the table and long brown curls falling around her face, she shook her head. "Magnolia, why would we wrap them ourselves?" The teenager asked, her eyes sliding over the rolls of wrapping paper and a staggering amount of ridiculously sparkly ribbons and bows. They had been in the Great Hall for all of five minutes, and already they disagreed on the plans. Something that would shock... absolutely no one. Rowen and Magnolia were unlikely friends, from different groups and wildly different backgrounds, and when they weren't at each other's throats, they somehow made it work.

And planning to finish up their Christmas shopping and wrapping things between breakfast and lunch this weekend was one of the things that should have worked. Until it came time to do the wrapping. Rowen had perfected a spell to charm the gifts into wrapping themselves with minimal effort. Magnolia wanted to do it by hand. "Were not house-elves." She sighed again, "I mean, there are whole groups of elves in Hogsmeade that live for wrapping gifts, you know?" Rowen was intelligent enough to know that the House Elves were not providing the service out of the goodness of their hearts, but more importantly, neither was she.

Sitting up straight as a set of sixth-year wizards on the Quidditch team passed by them, Rowen tucked a silky brown curl behind her ear. "Tell me again why I can't just enchant them to wrap themselves?" She asked, the scent of ginger and cinnamon attacking her senses again. The Great Hall was wildly decorated, with ornaments, tinsel, and everything in between.

@Magnolia Lane Hawkins
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:58:18 AM by Samm »

r o w e n   t e m p e s t   r e i n h a r d t

Tags: