July 28, 2021, 12:33:29 PM

Author Topic:  Error Reports  (Read 54265 times)

Albus Dumbledore [ Portrait ]
3802 Posts  •  played by MH Admin
Error Reports
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:54:29 PM »
You may report any TECHNICAL issues here ;)

- I realize you may run into errors on MH - and encourage you to report them. However, when you're reporting an error, please explain exactly what you're getting otherwise I can't help you fix it. Saying, "I can't delete messages" or something is ambiguous. Do you mean a post? PM? What? Instead, explain exactly what you get. For example, "I can't delete PMs; my page keeps timing out" would be much more helpful to me to figure out what your particular error is, and it'll help me fix things faster.

- If MH gives you an error message please copy the full error message in here. I know most errors the board throws and why. You cut down the time I spend on your case immensely by doing so.

- If something does not display correctly (which will usually be a problem at your end) please provide a screenshot. Don't make me guess what's wrong from a one line description.

- It won't send, won't delete, won't accept my password. If you encounter either of these problems please do the following.

-- close all MH windows
-- clean your cache
-- clean out saved passwords and form information
-- come back, if the problem persists you can report it.

and don't use IE that product of satan. Firefox is a perfectly fine browser.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:12:36 PM by Declan O'Dwyer »

Dermod Larkin Morfessa [ Death Eater ]
1404 Posts  •  59  •  Straight  •  played by Carys
Re: Error Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:13:43 PM »
My accounts have become unlinked and there's no option to re-link them.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone and is just because of the software update and will sort itself out soon, but figured I should mention it!

Cxx

Daphne [ Head Admin ]
992 Posts  •  32 years old  •  Bisexual  •  She/her
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:26:51 PM »
My accounts have become unlinked and there's no option to re-link them.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone and is just because of the software update and will sort itself out soon, but figured I should mention it!

Cxx

Correct! Upon reconfiguring the old theme, I discovered that one of the modifications was causing an error in the Admin CP, so I'm in the process of fixing it, but in order to I had to disable all modifications.

The good news is that I've found what's causing the error and am working on patching it right now.

Tye [ Guest ]
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 04:42:17 PM »
Hey, I’m been having issues with accessing the site for the past few days. Every time I try to load the default www.magical-hogwarts.com my browser just shows a blank white page. I can’t understand why it’s happening as it happens on chrome and Firefox, with my vpn on and off, on my iPhone and desktop, home broadband and phone network.

Today I figured out if I bypass the index and go directly to another page like www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=login I can access the site. It seems to work fine while I’m logged in, but I’m not sure if that’s due to the fact I’m using the Into the Night theme instead of the default theme or not. I’m too afraid to try changing it in case that results in me being locked out of the site altogether.

Remi Park [ Ombrelune ]
2091 Posts  •  FIFTEEN  •  dislikes labels  •  played by V
  • it's that time of the night a friend texts me 'what follows postmodernism?'
  • Trophy Closet The Lionids You've been disneyfied! Contributed at least once to MH Quidditch lore "Run!" V's Sparkly Fam Bubble Award This member is a former administrator of Magical Hogwarts! The Magic Ice Crystal "I rescued Winterfest 2015 and all I got was this bitchin badge" Upper Middle Class Family Member Beauxbatons House Cup (1999-2000) - Ombrelune This member reached the Diamond level before July 2015!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:39 PM »
this is happening to me too!

Tye [ Guest ]
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
this is happening to me too!

Thank you so much for posting! It’s a relief to know I’m not the only one. I knew from @Michaela and @Dylan the site was working fine for others so I’ve been stressing on why it isn’t for me!

Lianne [ Super-Admin ]
964 Posts  •  ❤️
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »
Hey, I’m been having issues with accessing the site for the past few days. Every time I try to load the default www.magical-hogwarts.com my browser just shows a blank white page. I can’t understand why it’s happening as it happens on chrome and Firefox, with my vpn on and off, on my iPhone and desktop, home broadband and phone network.

Today I figured out if I bypass the index and go directly to another page like www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=login I can access the site. It seems to work fine while I’m logged in, but I’m not sure if that’s due to the fact I’m using the Into the Night theme instead of the default theme or not. I’m too afraid to try changing it in case that results in me being locked out of the site altogether.

This has been an ongoing issue for a number of members. It's not an issue on your end but unfortunately it's not an issue on our end either. For now, you can keep accessing the site via the login page or another page besides the main index (I've been opening "recent unread topics" automatically.)

Please let us know in this topic if this workaround doesn't work for anybody, but at present this is the best solution we have.

Alburt [ OOC Account ]
13 Posts  •  just not male
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 10:40:25 PM »
Everytime I click a link I get told the topic is missing or I don't have access to it, and I am asked to login again. I'm not actually logged out, it's just the page that comes up. I wonder, would it be possible to enable a search feature whilst there's all these issues with links? It's making it really hard to navigate the board (at the moment I'm trying to locate the model requests thread...)

Dylan [ Durmstrang Admin ]
1416 Posts  •  Twenty-Nine  •  He/Him
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 10:41:49 PM »
Everytime I click a link I get told the topic is missing or I don't have access to it, and I am asked to login again. I'm not actually logged out, it's just the page that comes up. I wonder, would it be possible to enable a search feature whilst there's all these issues with links? It's making it really hard to navigate the board (at the moment I'm trying to locate the model requests thread...)

Where are you getting these links?  Some of them may have the old url? .org
I can link you though one sec

Edit:  http://magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?topic=33352.0

Christine [ OOC Account ]
2445 Posts  •  31 & flirty1 & thriving1  •  she/her
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 10:55:49 PM »
and there’s a search feature under the “home” tab up top ^^

Lianne [ Super-Admin ]
964 Posts  •  ❤️
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »

additionally: this has been happening a lot with urls that have "www." at the front, so try removing that and seeing if it works

Alburt [ OOC Account ]
13 Posts  •  just not male
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 11:07:47 PM »
Ah thanks, my bad for not using the home button more often. @Dylan It's been any link I click on the board, no specific location, even links I've been PM'ed as a correction to other outdated links. If I click on something to do with EFBs or a link to somewhere to do with special abilities or ... just literally any link I click on.

However, the one you provided worked fine and I do think you're right @Lianne because I do remember the links having www in front of them. I'll try that next time and if it doesn't work I'll come back with the specific link(s)

Edit: the removing the www hack works, all good with the links now =D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 02:40:12 PM by Alburt »

Carys [ OOC Account ]
599 Posts  •  44
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 07:58:38 PM »
Hi folks,

I was just posting in the BB area and realised there's no longer an option to claim some threads in the FPP. For example here. I'm guessing something may have happened when the boards wre moved?

Thanks! <333

Lianne [ Super-Admin ]
964 Posts  •  ❤️
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 08:22:08 PM »
Hi folks,

I was just posting in the BB area and realised there's no longer an option to claim some threads in the FPP. For example here. I'm guessing something may have happened when the boards wre moved?

Thanks! <333

Yep, that's exactly what happened -- try now and it should work <33

Carys [ OOC Account ]
599 Posts  •  44
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 08:26:58 PM »
Yep, that's exactly what happened -- try now and it should work <33

Yay, it's back! (we haven't finished the thread yet, I just spotted something missing :D) Thanks <333

Tags: