Author Topic:  How to Care Less | Leo & Kostas  (Read 531 times)

28 Posts 15 bi-allosexual he/him/his played by Taed
How to Care Less | Leo & Kostas
« on: January 04, 2024, 10:12:49 AM »
durmstrang grounds | sunday 25 september 2005
“The only way I could care less about what you're talking about is if you keep talking.”
Brian Clevinger, 8-Bit Theater

Sunday morning at Durmstrang brought a crisp breeze and the lingering excitement of yesterday's House Quidditch team tryouts. Leo Lizdeikaitis, having overseen the trials, was making his way across the Quidditch pitch, his thoughts still lingering on the potential candidates for Klyk Vampira. The sun cast a warm glow on the grass, and the air hummed with the promise of another day at the institute.

As he strolled across the open space, thoughts of forming the strongest team consumed his mind. It was a challenge, actually... he'd had a fair number of fellow students trying out, and most of them were "good," but not "great" with the exception of like four or five. So instead of having a stellar team, he had to try to have a strong team whose strengths and weaknesses were well-balanced. That took more serious, mature thought.

As he walked, he casually looked around and saw other students hanging out, even a few on broomsticks just playing a lax game of monkey in the middle. But as he reached the far end of the lawn, his focus abruptly shifted as he spotted a familiar silhouette soaring through the sky on a broom. And by "soaring," he meant showcasing some remarkable talent, clear direction and impressive dexterity and speed. Leo squinted in confusion and uncertainty. That was... that couldn't be... Kostas?

The bewilderment on Leo's face was unmistakable as he muttered to himself, "Where were you yesterday?" Then, suddenly feeling especially irritated, he decided to ask him in person and started waving his arms to get Kostas' attention. The Greek boy was high enough in the sky that he wouldn't hear Leo call for him, and Leo's broom was in the locker room.

63 Posts Sixteen 💦 his elemental queen He/him played by
lwineah
  • Naked, covered in ram's blood, drinking a coke and feeling pretty good
  • trophy closet
  • Durmstrang Chip Contest (2004-2005) - Klyk Vampira Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
Re: How to Care Less | Leo & Kostas
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 03:03:34 PM »
As Konstantinos soared through the sky, the wind caressing his face and ruffling his hair, he felt a sense of liberation that only came with flying. Whenever he sat down onto a broom, any remaining ties to the Earth beneath him felt like they had disappeared. The ground below was a distant thought. In some ways flying was an escape for him—it used to be especially when he was a kid, whenever things at home got particularly bad. He used to sneak out of the house and fly around the land, ignoring his aching body.

Quidditch was also something he enjoyed immensely. He often played with the kids from his neighbourhood back in Greece—here he usually did so with Atreus and a few people he tolerated or liked, like Kanat. He did not particularly enjoy the thought of going professional, despite being aware he was a pretty good player, and therefore never considered taking Quidditch particularly seriously.

At first, Konstantinos did not see Leo waving at him. He zig zagged a little in the air, drawing his broom a little higher and then swooping down again. He gave a sharp turn and saw something in the corner of his eye, turning his head. He recognised Leo almost immediately due to his light hair and considered for a moment, if he should ignore the other boy or not. He wasn’t completely sure why the other was trying to get his attention but he had a hunch. He was aware that Lizdeikaitis was the Quidditch captain.

Of course, Konstantinos had known about the date of the tryouts for the Klyk Vampira’s Quidditch team. It was practically impossible not to, one could hear it at every other corner—meanwhile Atreus rolled his eyes alongside him. His brother was also pretty good on a broom but his colour blindness made things a bit harder on him sometimes; not that Atreus was interested in playing on a team either. Konstantinos wasn’t against playing on a house team just as much as it never particularly interested him. He did come to watch their matches sometimes, but that wasn’t a rule either—Quidditch often made for a good time to sneak around, since the school was much emptier.

In the end, it was only because of their recent interaction, Konstantinos decided to respond to Leo trying to get his attention. Instead of leading his broom smoothly towards the ground like any other person, however, Konstantinos directed it right towards the ground at a sharp degree and dropped down like a hawk seeing a particularly tasty mouse—the mouse in question being the one who had willingly called for his attention by his little performance. He straightened up his broom just in time to prevent becoming a splat on the ground and then slid off with ease, taking a few steps closer to the Lithuanian boy once his feet were firm on the ground. “You looked like you were trying to flag down a passing ship,” he greeted, lips spreading into an amused smirk. “Ya waving at me?”

@Juliet just cuz of mentions of Atreus lol

You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you

I broke apart my insides, I've got no soul to sell, my whole existence is flawed and you get me closer to God

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 07:33:17 AM »
It took a moment but Kostas did eventually notice Leo’s waving, and – in what Leo was discovering was a very typical fashion – veered directly down toward Leo, as if going to collide with him. This version of playing chicken had become their normal, and Leo had just seen several casual displays of agility and speed, so Leo didn’t move at all, trusting that Kostas was going to catch himself before they actually collided.

His faith was well placed - Kostas pulled up in a variation of the Wronski Feint and slid off in a fluid motion, walking towards him. In spite of himself Leo smiled at the showing-off.

“Man, Kostas, you love trying to get my goat don’t you,” he laughed lightly. “As if I’d move away from the possibility of you slamming into me,” he added teasingly, but then remembered what he had been on about and why he was flagging down the other boy in the first place.

“Pretty sure I don’t have to tell you that you have some sick moves on that broom,” he started, “so how on earth have I not seen you fly before? And *why* in Gėrontys’ Abyss weren’t you at the tryouts yesterday?” He wasn’t mad, exactly, but… damn, they could really use a flyer like Kostas on the team this year.

lwineah
  • trophy closet
  • Durmstrang Chip Contest (2004-2005) - Klyk Vampira Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 02:54:06 PM »
Konstantinos had a mirroring smile graze his lips as he walked close enough to Leo for them to lead a comfortable conversation. He locked their eyes, not shy or sporadic about eye contact. His hair was a bit in dissaray due to the wind, but his robes returned into a presentable form without an issue.

"Well, I'm sure the possibility would have gotten spoiled by the fact you would have gotten injured if I had slammed into you at that speed, μικρός σιδερένιος λύκος μου." He slipped into Greek at the end, a sort of an endearment he had been playing around with inside his head. It seemed fun, considering how their conversation back in that classroom had started a few days back. This was the first time he had decided to use it, and he had a little smirk curling his lips as his accent switched to a something more comfortable in his mother tongue. If Leo would understand, well that depended on his linguistic knowledge, he supposed, or he could always look it up later and be surprised. "Although, who am I to judge your kinks and masochistic tendencies?" The Klyk Vampira added in a low, amused rumble, tongue as sharp and shameless as always.

"Suppose, I am decent," he agreed, shrugging, keeping his tone neutral enough for it to be hard to distinguish if he was purposely playing it down or if he was being humble. "There's a modest quantity of students I fly or play Quidditch with in my free time, and they are not as zealous about my flying abilities to tattle about it left and right. My brother and Kanat are my staples." From what he knew, Kanat was now on the team, which left Konstantinos unsire, if it meant same or less time playing around together since Kanat would be flooded with some trainings for sure.

"I've never harbored a significant inclination towards joining the team. My sentiments towards it aren't piping hot, to say the least. Quidditch is also an ardent time for some much needed privacy in case of my practices, should I ever need it." He chuckled.

While Leo hadn't said out loud anything about wanting him on the team, Konstantinos could read the mood clear enough, able to guess the general direction of Leo's thoughts in the line of his questioning. "Aren't there enough people interested in a spot on the team?" He asked, curious. He hadn't thought it mattered much, if there was one person less at the tryouts. "Or perhaps," he gave a wicked grin, "you're just eager to get me to spend more time around you, Captain Lizdeikaitis." He was teasing, but it was said in a suggestive manner as well.

*translated as: my little iron wolf
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 06:05:15 PM by lwineah »
You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you

I broke apart my insides, I've got no soul to sell, my whole existence is flawed and you get me closer to God

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 10:35:22 AM »
He'd have to ask what that little Greek-sounding thing meant later; Kostas was, as usual, playing with Leo, and trying to get him sidetracked. It was both endearing and annoying but Leo would not be swayed from the purpose of the confrontation. "No, no, there really weren't a lot of qualified flyers at the tryouts," he groused. "It's like these kids have no sense of personal pride, let alone House pride." Not that he was particularly invested in the glory of the House, but it made a political statement.

"And furthermore," he jabbed a finger pointedly into Kostas' chest muscles, "when I want to spend more time around you, I will find you and ask if you're available. I'm not shy about it," and he wasn't. He hadn't lowered his voice nor looked away from Kostas' amber eyes. "As we've already seen." They could have two conversations: one out loud with their words and one intuitive (dare he say "intimate"?) with their eyes. Both Kostas and Leo were intense, in their own ways – Kostas warm and magnetic, Leo cold and enigmatic – and drew attention from fellow students like moths to flames. So whenever it was the two of them facing one another, the level of dynamism they generated was always entertaining and a pleasant challenge.

"Obviously I won't waste my time 'pressuring' you into joining if you're not inclined," Leo went on, knowing full well Kostas would laugh off anyone who did try to stronghand him. "But I'll give you some pros to consider. One," he held out a finger, "your talent would be very appreciated. Yeah, I know, you don't need the admiration of everyone else," he said drily, and in a tone that half-suggested this was a lie, "but it's a feel-good thing. Two, you'd still get to play with Kanat, in case team practices would have taken away from your time with him, and since the two of you already play well together, that's a benefit to the team.

"And three, joining the team would give you the opportunity to show off for me, and smash into me and wreck my body after all." He didn't need to add any suggestive tone the last sentence; the verbiage and his gaze said it all. Again, he wasn't shy about his attraction or desire.

lwineah
  • trophy closet
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2024, 06:23:27 PM »
Konstantinos was and also wasn’t playing with Leo. He liked poking people, inevitably triggering some at times and while he also liked playing games to turn their psyches inside out, Konstantinos was also just being himself—unpredictable and raw. He listened to Leo’s grievances about the tryouts with a bemused expression and tilted his head a little, an outward gesture more than a sign of contemplation. “And what does it mean and look for you, a qualified player,” he chuckled, inevitably digging deeper into Leo’s expressed desire of wanting him to join the team and his disappointment at the tryouts.

Konstantinos was quite entertained with Leo's determined demeanour, enjoying the boy’s antics. It was fun being around him because for all of the fronts he put up, he was a moth to a flame to the darkness, and Kostas enjoyed being around people who weren’t afraid to explore those sides of themselves. In that sense, he appreciated the subtle sides of the Lithuanian, including his entitlement. The jab at his chest did nothing to diminish Kostas’ amusement; if anything, it heightened it. He reached out and caught Leo’s wrist, tugging at his hand with enough strength to have him stumble forward closer. “No sense of personal pride, you say? How tragic for our esteemed house,” he replied, his tone dripping with playful sarcasm.

“You tryin’ to tell me you have a personal sense of house pride, and you’re that invested in its glory for social status?” His tone gave away clearly that he did not believe that at all, and personally, he’d be a bit disappointed if Leo had succumbed to the mind-numbing rivalry between the two houses that in some places at Durmstrang was still alive and thriving. Division brainwashing at its finest. Konstantinos was untethered and unbothered by many social paradigms, which in turn, in many ways, made it easier for him to thrive within. No one could escape it fully. “I’m not political and don’t care about climbing the social ladder to satisfy my ego.” It died a long time ago, anyway. “Most of my family has never been about it, and I ain’t either.” He shrugged. His parents had been all about it, and it both turned them into pieces of shit—not that they didn’t deserve it, in Konstantinos’ opinion.

“You’re right about that, I truly don’t need the admiration of everyone else,” he echoed (well, besides his little brother in some capacity, but that was an entirely different beast), even if the outward personality he presented could sometimes suggest otherwise, he was content with the people he had in his life and felt no need to prove anything to anyone. “Is it a feel-good thing? For me it has no taste or ecstasy, I care little what anyone else thinks about me,” he shrugged.

Taking a step closer to Leo, a relaxed quirk on his lips, he released his hand. The intensity between them was palpable, but that was something Konstantinos oozed regardless of who he interacted with—it was his natural state. Having that intensity met with another, however, was always enjoyable, which was also why he was interested in being around Leo at all instead of giving him a wide berth. “I’m not trying to insult your courage. I can see that you’re not shy around me,” he chuckled, “that you’re not afraid and perhaps even excited, μικρός σιδερένιος λύκος μου—your sanity and lack of self-preservation on the other hand? That’s debatable.” He chuckled, only partially teasing the boy.

Perhaps Konstantinos was warm in certain ways, the softened corners of his persona to lull people into a sense of safety around him—not necessarily false either, but being around Konstantinos for a prolonged time also meant facing the uncomfortable truths and getting triggered because that’s what the underworld did—show people their shadow selves. The parts that they suppressed and hid away from. The parts they tried to reject, only for it to stab them in the back for rejecting them. Konstantinos instead revelled in those parts of himself, although he recognised he still had a lot to learn—one never really stopped learning—and it wasn’t easy to have a good sense of discernment when it came to self. If there was a person in his life that he truly looked up to as someone who was more self-aware and better at bringing things out of people while simultaneously making them feel safe to be raw, it was Caliban. Konstantinos knew he was biased there since Caliban was his safe space, but it was something easy to recognise if one observed the guy long enough, biased or not.

“I would love to play with Kanat, of course; that is certainly a good point to consider,” he conceded, and he was sincere there. Kanat was genuinely one of the few people he enjoyed spending time with the most, and he would not say no to potentially seeing him as much, if not more than he does now. “It would be twice as tempting with Caliban on the team, but I don’t think there’s any possible way you’d be able to persuade that man to play even if he’s damn good.” He added in a low chuckle as an afterthought. Caliban was one of his best friends—Atreus and Pandora being the other two—so it would be no wonder he would fold fast if the Romanian had joined the Klyk Vampira team.

“Is that supposed to be the most irresistible part for me?” He asked, smirking a little, when Leo started talking about smashing into him and wrecking him. “Is that going to be just coquettish looks or something that you want to be more than just an abstract desire?” Indeed, Konstantinos could read everything on Leo’s face presented to him—but how deep did that attraction and desire go? How long before it got too real? Too much? Leo was intriguing in some ways and duller in others. They were both young and could have fun fooling around, of course, but there was a major part to Konstantinos, who craved specific things and was not playing around.

“I’ll consider it,” he said after a short pause. “Perhaps I’ll be more inclined if I also get something for it from you, perhaps another offering?” He tilted his head a little again, his smile widening. He would never say no to more blood. “Or perhaps a favour with you instead, if once was enough for you,” once meaning Konstantinos taking Leo’s blood—but such things in a more public setting didn’t have to be discussed in detail. Having a favour with Konstantinos, as the future head of the Krizanić family, was perhaps even more dangerous than giving away a vial of blood because it was a favour owed to his family, who was notorious (for some) for holding some families at their beck and call through favours and debts.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 06:34:18 PM by lwineah »

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2024, 01:33:28 PM »
Leo laughed, a genuine chuckle as he shook his head at Kostas' probing questions and playful taunts. "You've got me all figured out, haven't you?" he said with a half-smile, his tone light but carrying an undercurrent of challenge. His gaze remained locked with Kostas', appreciating the dance of conversation they were engaged in. "It's not about house pride, not really," he admitted, leaning in a bit closer, dropping his voice to a more intimate register. "It's about being the best, and you? You're one of the best I've seen."

His finger tapped against Kostas' chest again, punctuating his point. "Don't think I haven't noticed how you move, how you handle yourself. On a broom or off. You've got skills that shouldn't be wasted on casual flights," he continued, his voice firm, compelling. "And sure, obviously part of me does want to see you flying at my side, challenging me, pushing me."

He paused, considering Kostas' offer, his eyes narrowing slightly in thought. "A favor, huh?" he mused, his tone thoughtful, intrigued by the proposition. For anyone else that might mean getting an exclusive event invite, homework help, money, something "illegal" smuggled on or off the school grounds. But their previous encounter informed Leo that what Kostas would ask would be something a bit more living, and likely sacrificial. Leo was not opposed. "You drive a hard bargain, Kostas. But I respect that." He stepped back, creating a small space between them, his expression one of contemplation mixed with amusement. "Alright, consider me interested. You join the team, show us what you've got, and I owe you a favor. Anything within reason," he added, a smirk playing at the edges of his lips, knowing full well what the intriguing complications of Kostas' ideas about "reason" could entail.

"But let's be clear," Leo continued, his voice lowering, leaning in once more, his presence imposing yet inviting. "I'm not just some fly-by-night thrill for you. If we're doing this, we're in it to win it. Both on the pitch and... well, let's see where else, shall we?" The challenge was there, laid bare between them, an offer of competition and possibly more, depending on how their dynamic evolved. He held out his hand, palm up, in a gesture of agreement, waiting for Kostas to shake it, to seal their deal in the most traditional way, albeit with untraditional stakes. "Are we both in?"

lwineah
  • trophy closet
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2024, 06:05:11 PM »
As Leo started chuckling at his reactions, Konstantinos’ lips quirked into a crooked half-smile. He felt a pleasant hum of satisfaction curl through his gut like a Basilisk, being able to recognise a fake smile from a real one. There was something about faked cheer and politeness, which had always grated on Kostas’s nerves. Perhaps it reminded him of his parents and how they so masterfully faked a well-functioning family dynamic to the outside world. Konstantinos did not always express everything he felt, but he never presented fake emotions on his face, which was common in Pureblood society, in his opinion. There were many things he loved about his family’s structure and traditions specifically because they deviated from many pureblooded rigid customs. In Konstantinos’ opinion, it allowed so many of them to thrive and the family to prosper for literal centuries.

“I have a keen eye for picking people apart.” He shrugged, “or perhaps it’s just a Krizanić trait,” he retorted, his dark eyes consuming and gaze pointed. Atreus had similar observational skills as him, and his aunt was much the same, if not sharper. Even his parents had been gifted there. No matter how much he despised them, he could admit that much.

As Leo leaned closer to him, Kostas’ expression shifted into something darker and contemplative. It’s about being the best? Shallow view. In Konstantinos' opinion, lacking much-needed depth and substance. This was certainly one of the sides to Leo, which the Greek boy thought was rather dull. He assumed this was a direct result of the boy’s upbringing, but there could be more than that behind it, too, of course. The flattery was pleasant, of course, but it lacked meaning. One could hardly compete with anyone objectively when no one was the same—completely unique and individual.

Luckily, Leo saved the lack of substance a little with his following words. Kostas’ eyes dipped to the finger, tapping his chest again, then right back up, keeping up with their exchange easily. Konstantinos put substantial time into improving himself, all the more in subjects and disciplines that he enjoyed, especially physically, which was obvious. Maintaining good physical health and strength was one of his non-negotiables after the abuse he had undergone under his parent’s care. It made him feel secure to know he could defend himself (at minimum) in any scenario. Be it magic or more hands-on physical disciplines. He was better at duelling than Caliban, having the advantage of the hereditary powerful but explosive Krizanić magic, but Caliban beat him when it came to weaponry any time. It was clear he had the Drăghici blood running through his veins because he seemed to create magic with any weapon he put his hands on. Sometimes, Konstantinos had suspicions if his gift did not give him an edge, but one couldn’t exactly call it unfair—it was part of the Romanian’s identity just as much as Konstantinos’ talents in Necromancy. “Doesn’t a full team of players already challenge you enough?” He chuckled, but it wasn’t a serious question. “I’m not going to be easy to handle as a teammate.” He warned him.

Most of what other students would consider a favour with Leo were things Konstantinos did not lack. He wasn’t interested in getting a favour of something he could get himself or from anyone else. Leo’s blood or his family's favour were two most obvious that either only the Lithuanian or a limited number of people other than him could provide; they were the sorts of favours Konstantinos’ looked for. “Within reason,” he echoed, chuckling, and wondered if that meant their Krizanić standards of reason because those could be rather obscure and bizarre. Perhaps one could even say dangerous at times. “Sure, just don’t regret it.” He chuckled.

“I wouldn’t dare,” Konstantinos replied to Leo’s ‘warning’ about not being a fly-by-night thrill with an absolutely predatory grin spreading over his lips, all teeth—an unbridled and fierce thing—because if Kostas wanted to do just that, nothing would stop him and he knew it. Leo bit at the apple Konstantinos dangled in front of him with enthusiasm. Only time would tell if it would be a sweet apple or the poisoned apple Snow White had eaten off the Queen’s hand. “Let’s see where else, huh,” he chuckled, “I don’t mind seeing where it goes,” he took Leo’s offered hand into his bigger one, “though I’m not making any promises on it either.” He added.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal