Author Topic:  [plymouth] everything has changed [marin]  (Read 131 times)

1679 Posts 19 played by Rinn
[plymouth] everything has changed [marin]
« on: July 07, 2024, 06:16:53 PM »
Wini sat, the blanket with tasseled edges, was nervously being combed through as the blonde continued her story. She was talking about a particularly odd customer who had come into the broom rental shop she had started working at a week ago. She hated wearing the hat that had a twirling room on the top, it made her look childish, but the smell of the broom polish had always reminded her of the 'good ole' days" .. if those had ever existed.

Marin was vaguely listening as usual. The backdrop of the big windows in the studio loft behind him, making him glow all yellow orange as the dying sun set on the western sea. The wind blew the tall grass turned golden in sunset hues, but they were warm and cozy inside. The loft was almost like a second home to Wini, with how often she was here.

She heard herself continue to talk, but part of her brain knew it wasn't really what she wanted to talk about. But she had been too nervous to start with that.

When she had petered out, she glanced at him. Really looked at him. How stressed did he seem. Was he annoyed yet by the nervous chatter that made her feel better (usually). She was weighing her options, but she eventually sat on the very square armrest of the low slung couch that face the desk he sat at. "Marin?" she asked, a little quieter, a little more serious.

"Can I ask you a question?"

@Marin Clare

161 Posts
Re: [plymouth] everything has changed [marin]
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 06:36:06 PM »
DECEMBER 2005

The light was fading in typical British-winter fashion. Marin would have to turn some lights on soon, he thought. It had been nice to get a day of sunlight, even though it had been cold, and good light in the studio was always lovely. He brushed some eraser debris from the paper laid out on his little desk, then picked up his pencil again.

“Mhmm,” he said, filling the space as she paused for a reaction. She started talking again on cue, and he put pencil to paper without looking up.

He hadn’t really wanted to move into the studio down the hill from the home he shared with his mum. He’d been happy enough in his own bedroom up there at the house proper. But his mother had been sort of gently insistent on it all summer, and in the ensuing months it had somehow just sort of happened. Marin wasn’t really a fan of big changes like that, but. Well. He couldn’t deny the light was lovely in here for drawing.

“Just the one?” Marin asked, sarcasm in his word choice, but his tone much to flat to convey something as dramatic as sarcasm. He drew a long, confident arc on the paper.
[align=center]http://mhrpg.org/images/2018/11/18/Nc3ui4k.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 10:10:03 PM »
Wini narrowed her gaze at his tone. Well, not really his tone because Marin wasn't dramatic like that, but there was something there she was picking up.

Then again, it was definitely probably most likely not going to be one question. She almost smiled at that. He knew her well. She wondered if he knew her better than she did? Sometimes it felt like that.

"Do you think its... bad to have.. sex--" she hesitated at the word because she didn't discuss this subject with Marin often but he was her best friend. Who else would she ask. "--with someone you're not dating? Like not even sex sex, but sex related things? Sex adjacent. Oh Merlin, I'm saying the word 'sex' too much." Her eyes were wide as she looked at him, pressing her lips together as if that would stop the flow of words escaping mindlessly.

But she looked at him expectantly.

161 Posts
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 08:08:02 PM »
Marin’s pencil stopped on the word sex, stilling just above the paper. She paused, but she didn’t sound like she was finished. What kind of question was Do you think it’s bad to have sex? He didn’t let it show on his face, but mentally he ran through the definitional differences between distaste and discomfort. He returned to drawing, glad when she continued too.

He was quiet for a bit, though Wini might as well have his face in her hands, forehead pressed up against his with a menacing don’t you have something for me? look in her eye, for the way that she was staring at him. Almost beaming her impatience right at his face. He didn’t squirm, but he did stall a bit. “I suppose it depends,” he answered ambiguously.

The light was fading slowly. He felt a bit irritated at that, as if the earth’s rotation was a mild annoyance — a mosquito, just out of reach — rather than a simple fact of life on the planet. “Are the consequences for doing it bad?” Marin had his own opinions, of course (or maybe he would, if she gave him some more time to consider it), but it seemed like a practical place to start. He continued drawing, keeping his eyes down.
[align=center]http://mhrpg.org/images/2018/11/18/Nc3ui4k.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2024, 02:54:19 PM »
Wini tried not to sigh impatiently at his ambiguous answer. She nodded, as if silently urging him to continue, a quiet 'tell me more' look on her face. She could be patient, she reminded herself. She could be Marin-patient. For sure.

Her leg bounced and jiggled as the silence stretched and she could almost see him thinking.

After an eon of quiet, he finally added a question. To Wini, it was like a big drink of water after being outside in the sun on a hot day. Her eyes brightened at the question and she hummed a noise, a delighted noise but also pondering. "Hmm, good question," she told him as she twisted a strand of her blonde hair between her fingers as she thought.

She had a much more out loud thought process than Marin. "Well, I don't think there are bad consequences. But it feels bad? Like I shouldn't do that? But I don't know why? But I want to..? But also sometimes it feels like I shouldn't want to? But... I don't think there are any bad consequences, really." Then she glanced at him, her eyes darting to him, wide. "Wait, do you think there are bad consequences?" Maybe she was missing something.

161 Posts
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2024, 07:59:58 PM »
Wini immediately launched into her classical out-loud approach, and he let her rhetorical questions wash over him. Finally, he succumbed to the need for more light, placing his pencil down gently and reaching for his wand instead. She kept talking, and he only realised he was meant to respond when an abrupt silence punctuated the rambling. “Lumos,” he said out loud, replacing the wand back on the table when he was finished.

He picked up his pencil instead. “I guess there could be,” he said, answering the smallest piece of what she was asking, as was his typical nature. It was all a little outside his comfort zone. Marin sighed, a slight frown creasing his brow, though he still didn’t look at her. “Are you asking if I think it’s morally bad to have sex?” he asked the paper in front of him. “Or… ‘Sex adjacent’,” he clarified, pausing slightly so that the finger quotes could be heard in his tone.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2024, 08:45:13 PM »
Wini nodded and kept nodding. Like a bobblehead. An anxious, little blonde bobblehead as she looked at Marin and waited. Waited for him to say more than 'I guess there could be. He was going to say more, right?

She noted the sigh and bit her lip. Oh no, did that mean he wasn't going to indulge in this conversation anymore? He was speaking more to his paper than to her, but she would take it. Why did boys avoid eye contact so much?

But then he actually did continue and Wini was delighted all over again. She tilted her head, considering his question and answering it all in the same breath. "Well, no, not sex itself. Or sex adjacent. But more... if you're not dating someone. You know, Dating. Relationship status with someone. Is that bad?"

She then started to wonder if she should have asked someone with a little more relationship experience than Marin... Lip would be her next choice, but he'd probably be even less helpful than Marin...

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal