Author Topic:  [gravesend] a total eclipse of rationality || isaac  (Read 1039 times)

499 Posts 17
[gravesend] a total eclipse of rationality || isaac
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »
Scoffing, Isaac didn't bother to keep the frown from moving over his face. Of course, she would jump to some insane conclusion about him being out here because of her. Magnolia had an absurd amount of confidence, and even though it was ridiculously annoying, it was also refreshing. She wore it like armor, and Isaac respected that. "You caught me," He said flatly, clearly being sarcastic but wondering if she would take that the wrong way too. After a second thought, he realized she probably would and corrected himself.

"I ran out of popcorn," Isaac informed her with a shrug, it wasn't a big deal, but in reality, he was also pretty fucking bored of his movie. The first Leprechaun was a train wreck, and the sequel made train wrecks look good. "Why are you out here?" He asked; the idea of her ditching her friend to come to find him in a dark theatre popped in his mind, and he smiled at it. Isaac knew that probably wasn't the case, but it didn't stop him from imagining it for a moment. Being around Magnolia outside of Hogwarts was allowing him to see her in a different light.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôI knew it, I?óÔé¼Ôäóve got a sixth sense about these things,?óÔé¼?Ø she said in reply, the smug expression on her face only one meant as a joke for she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót actually think he was stalking her (she hoped not) but instead figured that he might have thought the movie was just as bad as she had thought it would be when she saw the poster for it in the lobby. But she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót care about that movie, all that really mattered was the fact that once again the two of them sort of ended up in the same place at the same time and that fantasy-obsessed world of hers sort of chalked it up to fate. Whether it was a bad one or a good one was yet to be determined.

?óÔé¼?ôAnd I?óÔé¼Ôäóve run out of candy,?óÔé¼?Ø she defended herself, pointing at the concessions stand before smiling, ?óÔé¼?ôAnd you?óÔé¼Ôäóre going to buy me some, right??óÔé¼?Ø she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót expect him to do but Isaac had a thing about always doing what she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót expect so she figured it was the right time to try her luck. Magnolia still needed to find the muggle money she was confident she had taken with her to the movies but had also assumed that it had fallen into the abyss of her purse or had slipped out of the almost nonexistent pockets of her dress. ?óÔé¼?ôAnyway, figured you might need the company since you?óÔé¼Ôäóre ?óÔé¼?ôapparently?óÔé¼?Ø alone,?óÔé¼?Ø she added with a grin, air quotations and everything.?á  

499 Posts 17
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 08:20:58 PM »
Isaac chalked her "sixth sense" up to an alternate reality she seemed to inhabit and laughed. "Yeah, okay," He scoffed, but the smile was still in his eyes. She had a way of saying crazy things and making him laugh that caught him off guard. It was probably because he hated everyone and assumed society was a mess, but Magnolia was different. Talking to her was exhausting, but not in the way that it usually was for the teenager.

Looking at her empty hands when she mentioned running out of candy, Isaac nodded, and then a chuckle came from his lips, "Oh, you think that do you?" He asked, finding it annoying (and cute) that she expected him to buy her more candy. Where was her muggle money? It seemed just like her to show up to a muggle theatre without a pound to her name. "Okay, I will buy you more candy if you sneak me into your movie," He bargained, nodding upward toward the door she had emerged from. Technically he had paid for a movie ticket, but still, it was breaking the rules to jump to a different theater halfway through the show. It was a dare, but Gryffindors loved those, right?

Isaac turned slowly toward the concessions stand, allowing her enough time to move with him, and began heading in that direction. "That fucking leprechaun movie blows," He admitted with another laugh. It wasn't like he was pulling for the characters or heavily invested in the story, so he could make fun of himself for choosing it, even if it meant she would tease him too.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 08:21:11 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôOh isn?óÔé¼Ôäót that why you?óÔé¼Ôäóve come out? To see what Princess Nola might need you to do for her??óÔé¼?Ø she teased, a small joke referring to something he had called her earlier in the month when they had been arguing (for the umpteenth time) about something she couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót even recall. He hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót even called her that in a nice way but whatever negativity had surrounded it had all but disappeared. The teenager had a tendency to only hear what she wanted to hear, take it, and completely run wild with it. Although she should have probably been more offended that he?óÔé¼Ôäód assume she?óÔé¼Ôäód do a thing like sneak him into her movie (because Mavis! Hello?) the thought that he was challenging her to do it only made her want to. But first, caution.

?óÔé¼?ôSneak you in? For some candy??óÔé¼?Ø she scoffed, ?óÔé¼?ôand get sent to muggle prison for whatever ridiculous law that breaks? No thanks,?óÔé¼?Ø the girl continued, not sure if she was in for the quest-level sort of stuff that she would have to probably deal with if the ward that kept the right people in the right theater detected that the wrong person was going in. The last thing she needed was for hair to grow out of her ears or something for defying the law, that seemed like something muggles cared about. ?óÔé¼?ôAnd even if I did want to do that,?óÔé¼?Ø she started, ?óÔé¼?ôwhich I do not,?óÔé¼?Ø she emphasized, ?óÔé¼?ôYou?óÔé¼Ôäóll have to do way better than a bar of chocolate, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm not that easy,?óÔé¼?Ø she smirked. For the right chocolate bar maybe she was but this went further than chocolate, this seemed like the sort of opportunity that Magnolia had been waiting for all term.

?óÔé¼?ôOf course it blows, it looks stupid, our movie is so good, the music is fantastic,?óÔé¼?Ø she added but in reality she hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót even been paying attention. ?óÔé¼?ôSo, what are you going to do for me to get into it??óÔé¼?Ø?á

499 Posts 17
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 08:21:23 PM »
Isaac rolled his eyes when she referred to herself as Princess as if she would never let that one go. He'd called her Princess as an insult, but in a traditional Magnolia fashion, she had turned his words around and into something she liked better. She lived in a fantasy world. "You would think that," He sighed, shaking his head playfully, and wondering what other things he had said that she had twisted.

Just when Isaac thought Magnolia had said the ridiculous thing he had ever heard, she went and topped it. "Muggle prison? For movie jumping?" He repeated, in complete disbelief, exactly how little did she know about the muggle world? Isaac had done far worse for much less and hadn't gotten a slap on the wrist. "That is not really how it works. Do you ever pay attention in Muggle Studies?" He knew for a fact that she didn't, at least not recently, and he had been part of the reason why.

Isaac considered offering her two bars of chocolate instead, in hopes of making her laugh, but then decided to go a different route. "There are plenty of ways I could repay you," He offered, smirking as he bumped his shoulder against her, "Especially in the back of a dark theater,"

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 08:21:41 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôHow can I ever pay any attention in Muggle Studies if I?óÔé¼Ôäóm always paying attention to you??óÔé¼?Ø she said, but realizing that it probably sounded much more serious than she had ever intended, she pretended to be unfazed by her own statement. Cool move, Magnolia. ?óÔé¼?ôIs probably what you think I do, I know, but I?óÔé¼Ôäóm pretty sure he?óÔé¼Ôäós never talked about that, I would know, the crime stuff is literally the only stuff that?óÔé¼Ôäós worth listening to,?óÔé¼?Ø she added. Magnolia was no horror buff, nor did she enjoy hearing about the awful things that muggles got onto in their spare time but hearing about it was much more interesting than all the other boring stuff she had to listen to.

?óÔé¼?ôPlus if I ran the muggle pictures and delinquents like you came in, I feel like some precautions are important,?óÔé¼?Ø she teased, making her point by poking playfully at his arm, but there was no ill intention in her actions, in all honesty she had sort of wanted just to touch him. Magnolia first thought it might be flirty until she realized that it probably just made her seem weirdly childish. What was done was done; there were no take backs for that now.

Magnolia made a face that made it clear she had not been pleased with his suggestion (not to say that her mind didn?óÔé¼Ôäót briefly wander off to what that might mean) taking a step away from him to further prove that she wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót like that. ?óÔé¼?ôNever going to happen, Hackney, never in a million years,?óÔé¼?Ø she clarified, patting her pockets in search of that muggle money again. Sure, Magnolia really wanted that chocolate bar but wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót desperate for it. ?óÔé¼?ôWhy?óÔé¼Ôäód you come to the movies anyway, isn?óÔé¼Ôäót that what pervs and weirdoes do??óÔé¼?Ø

499 Posts 17
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 08:22:11 PM »
"How can I ever pay any attention in Muggle Studies if I'm always paying attention to you? Isaac smirked, only really hearing the second half of her argument, and even though it shouldn't have been possible, he grew even smugger from her words. "Oh, I see," He had begun to say, but she realized her fault and tried to cover it up quickly. Her attempt only made him laugh, but it wasn't the cruel sort of way he typically laughed at other people, but something more playful. Magnolia was funny, even when she didn't realize she was so. No, he thought, especially when she didn't know she was.

"Precautions perhaps, but not magical wards," Isaac teased her lack of muggle knowledge once more, making a point to find her eyes when he mentioned magical wards. If anyone overheard them, surely they would assume they were debating the storyline of whatever movie they had just watched, so he didn't bother to lower his voice. Muggles loved to pretend like magic was real; Isaac almost pitied them for not knowing the truth. "Worst they do is ban you from the theater, but there are plenty of theaters in London," Isaac shrugged. He liked this theater, so he didn't want to be kicked out, but he doubted it would come to that. No one paid attention, no one care all that much, he'd movie jumped on more than one occasion and with friends that were far less stealthy than even Magnolia Hawkins.

Never in a million years, he scoffed, "Your loss," Isaac didn't feel like she was genuinely rejecting him, so it didn't bother him. He knew how to be charming when it was beneficial, and the arrogant young man still believed he could convince her if he felt like it. The Slytherin saw her patting at her pockets and shook his head, "I will get it," He said with a bit of finality, "You can just owe me one," He cocked his head to the side and laughed as they neared the booth. Isaac wondered for a moment if he wanted more popcorn or if he should get some chocolate as well, now that they had spent a good few minutes talking about it.

"I came to watch the movie?" Isaac fired back at her, pretending to be baffled by her question as if it made no sense, and then he continued. "If you think there is anything else to do at the theater, then perhaps you might be the weirdo,"

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 08:22:35 PM »
Of course, Magnolia should have expected that smug expression on his face as soon as she told him that she had been paying attention to him, but at least she had felt as if she had successfully played off the rest of the phrasing since he was still standing there and hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót run off to tell his friends or make fun of her for sounding desperate. Though, the girl assumed he had probably thought it.

?óÔé¼?ôMagical wards sound like the way to go,?óÔé¼?Ø Magnolia shrugged at his statement, not really sure why muggles bothered with security and precautions if they weren?óÔé¼Ôäót going to do it right anyway. Sometimes, she wondered if muggles actually knew how ridiculous their own systems were and if they had shunned magic at the witch trials in the past because it sort of pained them to know someone else was living life much easier than they were. It was only a passing thought, though, nothing she?óÔé¼Ôäód get into conversation with anyone about. Magnolia thought, instead, that getting banned from the theater sounded quite cool, ?óÔé¼?ôyou think they?óÔé¼Ôäóll ban you from this one and then I won?óÔé¼Ôäót have to see your face every time I come in here??óÔé¼?Ø she asked, arching an eyebrow as she spoke.

Magnolia would definitely be returning to this muggle theater again, especially since she wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót actually watching the move like she had come to in the first place. But if she was going to run into Isaac every time she did, it would certainly become a problem. She already had him distracting her at school; she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót need him distracting her all through break, either. Then she remembered he was going to buy her candy.

?óÔé¼?ôBut first!?óÔé¼?Ø she said with much enthusiasm, hooking her arm in his to drag him towards the concessions stand even quicker before he got away. ?óÔé¼?ôChocolate then getting banned from the theater,?óÔé¼?Ø she teased his answer to her question only making her giggle. ?óÔé¼?ôI meant like...alone,?óÔé¼?Ø she added, ?óÔé¼?ôWho goes to the movies alone? That?óÔé¼Ôäós strange, isn?óÔé¼Ôäót it??óÔé¼?Ø

499 Posts 17
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 08:39:14 PM »
Chocolate and then getting banned from the theater? Isaac found her priorities amusing, and it showed in his eyes as he turned from her. Magnolia was interesting, she always had some weird opinion that Isaac might not have considered, and he found it entertaining. "I told you earlier," Isaac pretended to sigh, like repeating himself was exhausting, and continued, "I came here with someone else, but she is gone now," He lied again. "Besides, it's only weird if you make it weird," Isaac knew that wasn't an excellent defense, but it didn't matter.

They were at the counter now, and he was reaching into his pocket for his wallet. "Milk duds, a large popcorn, and whatever shit she wants," He told the pimply teenager behind the register and turned back to Magnolia.

"No one to bother me this way, I can actually watch the movie," Isaac very much preferred to have company in the theatre, but only when it was something he wasn't trying to watch. He loved horror movies. The scarier, the better. And coming to the movies today, the wizard had actually thought the Leprechaun 2 might fit the bill. He had been so, so wrong. "Why, are you offering to keep me company?"

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2020, 10:51:29 AM »
?óÔé¼?ôOh right,?óÔé¼?Ø she retorted, rolling her eyes at his comment as if she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót believe him, but realistically, she had been so consumed with trying to keep up with him that she had completely forgotten that he had said as much at the very beginning, when he had initially (and very chivalrously) jumped the queue to pay for her stuff. ?óÔé¼?ôYour elusive girlfriend,?óÔé¼?Ø she added for effect, a little miffed that he would bring the girl up again if she were long gone but also incredibly curious about who this mystery girl might be.

If it had been Allison would not, she had stuck around for as long as possible? Magnolia knew very little about the girl but had seen the way she acted around Isaac enough to know she would not be so easily dismissed. Not that Magnolia cared or was jealous or anything silly like that, she just noticed things. ?óÔé¼?ôWell you?óÔé¼Ôäóre making it pretty weird yourself,?óÔé¼?Ø she pointed out, before turning back to the counter as if she hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót just made it weird herself. Magnolia had a talent for making things awkward, those achievements were high up there with her knack for unrequited crushes, not turning in homework, and being terribly distracted by any cute boy in her line of vision.

?óÔé¼?ôWell, I like to talk during movies,?óÔé¼?Ø she confessed; it was her thing to actively comment on everything that was happening before her, and for the first part of the movie she had been making comments on what was going on on the screen in front of her. What kind of best mate took pictures of your girl? And what kind of woman has an affair with her husband?óÔé¼Ôäós brother? And why did everyone in this movie know each other? It was supposed to be a romantic comedy but there was nothing funny nor remotely romantic about it, it was kinda just weird. If adulting was all about miscommunication, warped romance, and strangers all being strangely connected, she wanted to opt out of that bit of life.

?óÔé¼?ôUm,?óÔé¼?Ø she looked down at the glass case, ?óÔé¼?ôThe jellies,?óÔé¼?Ø she said excitedly, ?óÔé¼?ôoh and those round ones too, the Maltesers,?óÔé¼?Ø she added, turning to Isaac and grinning widely, ?óÔé¼?ôyou don?óÔé¼Ôäót mind, do you? I?óÔé¼Ôäóll pay you back, promise,?óÔé¼?Ø she added. ?óÔé¼?ôYou can always ask me on a date to the movies if you want my company that badly,?óÔé¼?Ø she half-joked. Not that she?óÔé¼Ôäód say yes if he asked or?óÔé¼?ªmaybe she would. This night was turning out to be pretty wild. ?óÔé¼?ôBut no horror movies.?óÔé¼?Ø

499 Posts 17
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 12:04:55 PM »
Isaac rolled his eyes at her elusive comment, as dramatically as possible, and then turned back to the counter. It was the reaction he wanted, so he didn't push it, but he had to keep up the lie. The teenager hadn't come to the movies with anyone this afternoon, but for whatever reason, he wanted Magnolia to think that he had. Maybe because he liked the way she frowned anytime Allison (who was not his girlfriend) came up. Isaac felt like he was starting to recognize the look enough to tell when she was thinking about the Slytherin girl, even if she didn't say it out loud, but maybe he was making assumptions. Or perhaps he wanted her to think he was here with someone else so she wouldn't think he was weird for coming to the theater alone. Which, now that she had brought it up, he supposed might have seemed a little strange. Isaac was independent like that, and despite being the leader of his little group of friends, he was a bit of a loner. The teenager preferred doing things by himself; other people irritated him.

"Why am I not surprised?" Isaac commented with a judgemental shake of his head. Of course, Magnolia was the sort to talk through the whole movie. It was fitting, and he had already assumed as much, but her saying it out loud made him feel smug about the assumption. Isaac knew he'd hate to see a movie with her if she was the sort that ruined it by commenting on every little thing, but in reality, he probably wouldn't have minded it as much as he would pretend to. She had funny ideas about things, especially muggle things, so her comments might have been hilarious. "Wow," he commented on her large amount of choices and then forked over the muggle money to pay for it without question. "That's alright, you can just owe me," He knew she'd hate the idea, which was why he brought it up again and turned to smirk at her as the man behind the counter figured out how to press the buttons on the register and passed him back some change.

"Horror movies are the only movies worth watching," Isaac declared as he shoved his wallet back in his jeans and picked up the little tray that held all of their snacks. "Your not scared of them, are you? I thought the Big Bad Gryffindors were not afraid of anything?"

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôBet you wish you?óÔé¼Ôäód have some of my commentary to make that leprechaun movie more exciting, huh??óÔé¼?Ø she said playfully, though the girl knew that had she had to sit next to him for an entire film she would have been too nervous, probably spending most of the movie glancing over at him to gauge his reaction to things and act accordingly. Movie dates were the worst type of first dates, that had been a truth that one of her magazines had already established. The thought of sitting next to your crush in complete silence was the sort of deal breaker that ended up dooming relationships from the start. Not that she was looking for a relationship, or anything. Well, no, she was looking for the lucky boy she could experiment on (or with, whatever) but it certainly was not going to be Isaac Hackney. No way, never in a million years.

?óÔé¼?ôThanks,?óÔé¼?Ø she said apprehensively, she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót like the idea of owing him anything and might have said something along the lines of how she was repaying him in full by keeping his secret but decided against it. ?óÔé¼?ôI?óÔé¼Ôäóll pay you back before you go home, don?óÔé¼Ôäót need you coming up with creepy ideas on your own,?óÔé¼?Ø she said almost immediately, waiting as the boy at the counter retrieved the bag of octopus-shaped jellies and placed them on the counter followed by their chocolate. He asked them to wait a bit for the popcorn as it was still in the process of being made. While she waited, she opened the bag of jellies, taking one octopus and slowly biting off each of its legs, leaving the body for last, it was the tastiest, after all.

?óÔé¼?ôI?óÔé¼Ôäóm not scared,?óÔé¼?Ø she said much too quickly and with too much emotion to ever convince anyone, but she had already said it and couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót take it back. ?óÔé¼?ôI just don?óÔé¼Ôäót like bad films, like I have standards and horror films are stupid,?óÔé¼?Ø she added. Her experience was very limited, but if she had to watch horror it?óÔé¼Ôäód be the black and white variety, that one was a little more interesting that all the bloody stuff in the more recent ones. ?óÔé¼?ôIf I ever come across a good one, I?óÔé¼Ôäóll let you know, in the meantime, no thanks.?óÔé¼?Ø

499 Posts 17
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 12:59:41 PM »
"Nothing could make that movie any worse," Isaac smirked, "Why, are you offering to keep me company again?" The teenager wished she would agree but knew that she would mention her friend again, and he'd have to pretend not to care. Isaac hadn't planned to want her to come to the theatre with him, but the more she dangled the idea and then refused to, the more he became obsessed with the idea. Having something he wasn't supposed to was a recipe for trouble, but Isaac was a cliche in that way. He only wanted it when she wouldn't let him have it. Then again, she was out here spending time with him instead of hurrying back to her girlfriend, so he supposed he was already winning a little.

"What kind of creepy ideas?" The teenager countered, wondering what she was thinking, and hoping it was at least half as entertaining as what he wanted her to think that he was thinking. It was all very complicated, but conversations with Magnolia had never been anything less. Maybe that was why he kept having them with her. As they waited for the popcorn (and impatiently Isaac wished he could just charm it to pop faster), the teenager laughed at Magnolia's eating habits. "Are you serious?" He asked, shaking his head through the chuckles as she bit off every leg of the candy before finally eating the body. "For someone who doesn't like horror movies, you've already got the psychopath torture thing down," In truth, Isaac hated those kinds of movies. He didn't need to watch someone hurt someone else. That wasn't scary, that was reality, and it wasn't fun. He wasn't a serial killer, and he didn't get a kick out of watching people brutalize others.

Isaac was an elitist when it came to his picks of horror movies worth watching. He should have known better to think that the Leprechaun movie would be anything intellectual, but it was the best of bad options playing this month, so he took the chance. Isaac liked the thrillers, the psychological horror movies that had you guessing, thinking, and never expecting the killer to strike when he did. The ones that used fancy filming techniques to create the creepiest settings. The ones that made him look behind him at every sound when he walked home alone in the dark. Those were horror movies. Not whatever the fuck that Saw movie was.

"Your standards suck if you like romantic comedies, what a bunch of bullshit in those movies. Let me guess: the girl hates the guy in the beginning but eventually, he wins her over even though he doesn't deserve her, and somehow that is romantic?" Isaac thought the premise of every romantic movie was the same; the girl should have known better, the boy manipulated her into thinking it was her idea, and eventually, they ride off into the sunset together. Also known as bullshit. "Fucking rubbish, horror movies are better."

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2020, 01:27:21 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôHm, let me think,?óÔé¼?Ø she started, pausing for dramatic effect before she continued, ?óÔé¼?ôno,?óÔé¼?Ø she added, though the smile on her face and the fact that she hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót been running back to Mavis probably told otherwise. ?óÔé¼?ôI?óÔé¼Ôäód rather be stuck in a room with Horus Heyward than go to a horror film with you, and that?óÔé¼Ôäós saying a lot,?óÔé¼?Ø she added. Of course, this was completely untrue, but Magnolia knew that if she gave Isaac any reason to believe that it was exactly what she wanted to do, he?óÔé¼Ôäód find a way to ruin whatever fantasy she had concocted in her head about what they might do if they went on a movie date together.

Of course, that Isaac was ten times nicer than the real one and he also said really cute things to her like complemented her obvious academic potential and thought she was totally prettier than Billie not that she?óÔé¼Ôäód ever say these things out loud. She loved Billie, but the fact that she had tons of boys (really she only knew of two so far) after her made the Gryffindor wonder if she?óÔé¼Ôäód have better luck with boys if she was small, quiet, and blond, too.

?óÔé¼?ôProbably nothing I?óÔé¼Ôäód say out loud,?óÔé¼?Ø she made a face, hoping that he?óÔé¼Ôäód imagine the worse and get offended by it. Magnolia didn?óÔé¼Ôäót have many thoughts on it apart from the fact that watching a movie alone seemed like a sad thing to do, and that guys that did that probably went to pick girls up at the theater, though the teenager wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót sure if there were many girls into the Leprechaun to begin with. But muggles were oddly obsessed with magic, and maybe Isaac was the type of guy that liked flirting with muggle girls.

She smiled proudly at his conjecture, taking another jelly to do the exact same thing to it, ?óÔé¼?ôThey taste better when I torture them first, obviously,?óÔé¼?Ø she rolled her eyes, they were jellies after all. Once upon a time she had cried after a classmate had told her that the jellies were real and they could feel pain, but she had been six or seven at the time and had soon after realized that none of that was true anyway. That had been like a horror film, it was terribly traumatic.

?óÔé¼?ôRomantic comedies are fun, plus no one is watching them to think about it, it?óÔé¼Ôäós just, I dunno, girl stuff,?óÔé¼?Ø she added, ?óÔé¼?ôplus the actors in this movie are really fit,?óÔé¼?Ø she continued, walking over to the posted that had been taped at the front of the counter to make her point. ?óÔé¼?ôThis guy? I?óÔé¼Ôäód totally go out with him,?óÔé¼?Ø she added. He had been the shitty friend who was after his best mate?óÔé¼Ôäós wife but that was besides the point. ?óÔé¼?ôName one good horror movie then??óÔé¼?Ø she challenged him, though she was almost certain she wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót even know it.?á

499 Posts 17
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2020, 07:05:57 PM »
"Hang on," Isaac said, holding his hand up to stop her as she moved over the movie poster to explain another one of her reasons for preferring romantic comedy to horror. "So the only reason you go to the movie is to turn off your brain and objectify some actor?" He was pretty sure that was what she had implied, and while he probably shouldn't have responded the way he did, Isaac couldn't help himself. Sometimes Magnolia made it too easy to pick on her, and the Slytherin had always loved low hanging fruit. "Wow, and you think I'm the bad guy," Acting superior like he was smarter or better than his peers was something that Isaac had grown quite good at over the years. He wore his attitude like armor, and Gryffindors were the easiest prey.

Still, as much fun as he was having, and the smug look on his face displayed just how much that was, Isaac knew better than to push too far. He was enjoying hanging out with Magnolia, even if he pretended like he wasn't half of the time, and if he was too rude, then he figured she would decide to go back to her friend with her free candy and leave him alone. "Horror movies can have those things too, by the way," He mentioned, leading them from the counter now that the popcorn was finally done and giving the concession guy one last impatient scowl for good measure.

"But better," He brought them to the poster of a horror movie he'd seen a few months ago. It was a thriller, lots of twists and turns, definitely a thinker, which was what Isaac had liked most about it, but the fact that the main girl was an absolutely babe didn't hurt either. "You get to see her tits in this one," Isaac explained, the smirk reaching his eyes as he balanced the tray with one hand and tossed some buttery popcorn into his mouth. He crunched on it loudly, obnoxiously so, as he waited for Magnolia to respond. She had asked him earlier to name one good horror movie, but Isaac could name several. When he'd finished eating the kernel of popping corn, he smiled again. Instead of answering her question like she had dared him to name one good movie, he answered it as she had desperately asked for his recommendations.

"There are too many to name. If you want something psychological, go with The Rear Window; if you want something creepy, try Dead of Night, or if you are looking for fit guys and no thinking, there's always Nightmare on Elm Street." The final recommendation was sarcastic, and Isaac made no effort to hide it. Freddy Krueger was far from good looking

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal