Author Topic:  [gravesend] a total eclipse of rationality || isaac  (Read 1037 times)

[gravesend] a total eclipse of rationality || isaac
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 09:09:43 PM »
Magnolia looked over at him incredulously, as if the answer to his question was the most obvious thing in the world, ?óÔé¼?ôMovies are supposed to be fun, Isaac, not schoolwork,?óÔé¼?Ø she said, who was the square, now? The girl was not going to tell him that bit directly because she knew he?óÔé¼Ôäód find one way or another to bring her right off of her high horse as soon as she climbed up on it, but it had been a lot of fun saying it in her head. ?óÔé¼?ôPlus I?óÔé¼Ôäóm not objectifying anybody, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm appreciating their faces,?óÔé¼?Ø she defended herself.

If he thought her commenting on how cute some of the men in the movie had been was objectifying then he?óÔé¼Ôäód be better of staying out of her shelf of steamy romance novels or the posters of half-naked Quidditch players she rotated around her room once in a while. Though she had to stop doing the latter so openly because her father didn?óÔé¼Ôäót really care for it (he was still getting over the fact that Magnolia was no longer his little girl anymore). ?óÔé¼?ôPlus why get into films if you don?óÔé¼Ôäót want people to judge your face??óÔé¼?Ø she added, again in that same nonchalant tone that said he should?óÔé¼Ôäóve been thinking exactly what she had been thinking.

And apparently, he had, when he moved over to the poster of the horror movie he was showing her, her reaction not so gracious or understanding when he pointed out the main actress who looked like she had no business being near any sort of horror movie set to begin with. Naturally, Magnolia rolled her eyes at him, ?óÔé¼?ôUgh, that?óÔé¼Ôäós not the same thing,?óÔé¼?Ø she said almost immediately, of course now she?óÔé¼Ôäód only think that he watched the movie because of the scene and the last thing she needed in her mind was a picture of that sort of thing in her head. Gross. ?óÔé¼?ôWell the movie looks complete rubbish like the one you came to watch now, seems like your taste in movies is shit,?óÔé¼?Ø she said pointedly.

But then he was actually giving her recommendations that didn?óÔé¼Ôäót sound half as bad as whatever rubbish film they had been looking at earlier and maybe he wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót all about bad horror and seeing naked girls in films. Maybe. And That Nightmare on Elm Street sounded like a winner if it was indeed all fit guys and no thinking but she had a feeling that Isaac was playing with her, like he did with most things. Then again, Isaac never did take her seriously. ?óÔé¼?ôOther films you?óÔé¼Ôäóve watched alone??óÔé¼?Ø she quipped with a smirk of her own, ?óÔé¼?ôI?óÔé¼Ôäóll stick to my romcoms thank you, I bet you?óÔé¼Ôäóve never watched one in your life, have you??óÔé¼?Ø she eyed him suspiciously.?á

499 Posts 17
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2020, 09:51:30 PM »
Still holding their tray of snacks with one hand, Isaac reached over, without much in the way of permission, and snagged a few octopus jellies from her bag. He gave Magnolia a grin before popping one into his mouth, not bothering to torture it first, and shrugged. "Not everyone needs other people around to validate us." Isaac wondered if she really thought he was weird for watching movies alone and then hated that he cared at all. When she asked if he had ever seen a romcom, Isaac shook his head dramatically slow. "Not any worth remembering," He teased, knowing that she probably had a whole list of recommendations that he'd never bother to watch. He didn't care about watching 'fit blokes' chase after chicks who were too dumb to know better. He'd rather watch the torture movies than that garbage.

"But your movie must not be very good since you basically abandoned your mate to hang out here with me," Isaac felt smug, assuming he was the reason she was still out here and feeling like keeping her from her movie was somehow a victory. The idea that she was just out here because he was annoying and she had to have the last word or for the free snacks hadn't really occurred to him. "Change your mind about coming back to the theatre with me, then? The back row is completely empty," He winked dramatically, knowing she wouldn't say yes, but entertaining himself with the idea anyway.

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2020, 10:13:39 PM »
Magnolia made a face when he stole some of her jellies but did not make a big fuss, he had bought them after all and she was not entire hating the fact that he?óÔé¼Ôäód liked them, too. It felt like another (very, very weak) reason for them to bond, though the intricacies of octopus-shaped jellies did not seem like an interesting point of conversation. ?óÔé¼?ôIt?óÔé¼Ôäós called friendship,?óÔé¼?Ø she clarified though now that he had put it that way, it had sort of made her wonder what other awful things he thought of her or her personality.

Maybe there was some truth to what he was saying but she did not want to believe it, not when he said it so casually as if was obvious to him that this was the case for her. She hated him for it. ?óÔé¼?ôI was just trying to be nice but considering that?óÔé¼Ôäós not appreciated, you?óÔé¼Ôäóre right, maybe I?óÔé¼Ôäóll just go back to my stupid movie and my friend,?óÔé¼?Ø she added, rolling her eyes at him and his suggestion. He was teasing her, of course, but all she could focus on is how she had interpreted what he said into her being lonely, insecure, and dumb. That might have been completely true, but Magnolia had not come to the movies to think about all her weaknesses, she had just wanted to have fun with her best girlfriend. And here she was again, getting caught up in a guy that thought she was stupid anyway, and it made her very upset.

?óÔé¼?ôNever going to happen, Isaac,?óÔé¼?Ø she repeated, though it was also said to remind herself that trying to make this crush happen was a sheep?óÔé¼Ôäós chase that had gone wrong ages ago. ?óÔé¼?ôI better go back to Mavis,?óÔé¼?Ø she started, ?óÔé¼?ôDon?óÔé¼Ôäót want to waste any more of your precious me time with the leprechaun,?óÔé¼?Ø she said sarcastically.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal