Author Topic:  [GAME] Let the Wand Choose YOU!  (Read 308 times)

64 Posts 87 heteroallosexual he/him/his played by Taed
[GAME] Let the Wand Choose YOU!
« on: July 20, 2023, 04:14:49 PM »
“Ah yes,” said the man. “Yes, yes, I thought I’d be seeing you soon."
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5: Diagon Alley

As many of you MH veterans will remember, it's been about 7½ years since I first took on the mantle of Mr. Ollivander, wandmaker extraordinaire, and as with most fandom topics I dove headlong deep into the subject of wandlore. It's what led me to create the Ollivander's Wand Directory (first in 2018 and then recreated this year), and to try to identify all the viable woods and cores that would make the best wands.

Now that I have a decent formula for determining wand length as well, I wanted to open up Ollivander's shop to characters and drivers alike to see which wand will choose you. Mind you, this is still only my (Taed's) interpretation of Ollivander's methods, but I like to think I can get a good bead on the right wand for you. I will usually give you your "Perfect Match," your most likely regional match, and the best match using a Supreme Core and a Supreme Wood.

So how do I find out my wand?
Easy! Just fill out the code snippet below, either for yourself or for one of your characters!
The first section comes from your character profile, but the second section requires you to answer three questions as your character.

Code: [Select]
[b]Customer Name:[/b] driver or character name here
[b]Blood Status:[/b] pureblood, halfblood, or muggleborn
[b]Country and State/Province/Region:[/b] country of residence, and first-level administrative division
[b]Personality Keys:[/b] top 4 character traits from your Personality profile section
[b]Age:[/b] in years and months
[b]Height:[/b] preferably in centimetres (inches × 2.54)

❶ [b]What's better: seeing how someone else does things even if they're wrong, or sticking with your way of doing things because you know it's right?[/b] Answer in-character, as long or short as you like.
❷ [b]What sort of spellcasting is easier: hard stops and sharp angles, or frills and imprecise curves?[/b] Answer in-character, as long or short as you like.
❸ [b]You are practicing spells when you see two brooms careening out of control towards you. One has an underage wizard on it, the other an elderly witch. What do you do [u]FIRST[/u]?[/b] Answer in-character, as long or short as you like.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 02:40:24 PM by Taed »

4 Posts 15
Re: [GAME] Let the Wand Choose YOU!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:58:11 AM »
Am I really the first one using this? 🤔

Customer Name: Nova Curtis
Blood Status: halfblood
Country and State/Province/Region:
Morristown, New Jersey, USA
Personality Keys:
free spirit, creative, honest, spontaneous
Height: 175 cm

What's better: seeing how someone else does things even if they're wrong, or sticking with your way of doing things because you know it's right?
" I always do things the way I think is right and won't rely on other people's opinions on how they should be done."
What sort of spellcasting is easier: hard stops and sharp angles, or frills and imprecise curves? "difficult question. probably the frills and imprecise curves"
You are practicing spells when you see two brooms careening out of control towards you. One has an underage wizard on it, the other an elderly witch. What do you do FIRST?
"First... hmm... First I think of the correct spell to stop the brooms, but I suppose that's not quite the question. The underage wizard doesn't yet have the experience to save himself, I guess we cannot rely on an accidental sign of magic saving him. So, I'd save him first and then try to help the elderly witch who is probably in a more vulnerable state than the boy."

64 Posts 87 heteroallosexual he/him/his played by Taed
Re: [GAME] Let the Wand Choose YOU!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:31:34 PM »

Customer Name: Nova Curtis
Personality Keys: free spirit, creative, honest, spontaneous

Since you are from New Jersey, I will assume you are buying a wand from one of the American wandmakers instead of me, and will only give you the combinations, not a wand box number.
  • Your Perfectly Matched Wand, if available at your wandmaker, would be 28.16 cm (11.09 in), amboyna and ivory demiguise hair.
    Most efficacious when used casting Charms, possessing a particular knack for concealment magic. Never casts a charm, hex, or spell the same way twice.
    (Core: Cryptopithicos eburneus ★★☆; Wood: Pterocarpus indicus ★★☆)
  • More likely for your region, you would pair well (82%) with a 28.38 (11.17 in), showy mountain-ash and Tanasi wampus hair wand.
    Agile, graceful, and reflexive, best suited for duelling and Charm casting. Produces powerful, hard-to-break Defensive Charms; not suited to Dark Arts.
    (Core: Pima montanus ★★☆; Wood: Sorbus decora ★★★)
  • If you want a Supremes-only wand, your best match (74%) will be 27.88 cm (10.98 in), butternut and Hebridean Black heartstring.
    Quickly and easily learns spells, though prone to spellcasting accidents. Suitable for a broad range of spells. Unusually versatile and notably adaptable.
    (Core: Dracona nigrum ★★★★; Wood: Juglans cinerea ★★★★)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 02:00:28 PM by Taed »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal