Author Topic:  tell me who you're loyal to [lyra]  (Read 1173 times)

tell me who you're loyal to [lyra]
« on: December 28, 2017, 04:59:17 PM »
Adrien's gifts were, at best, mediocre in the year 2001.

Not for a lack of trying, of course, the Papillonlisse had just mostly forgotten about certain occasions of gift-giving, including (almost) all birthdays. He did remember his brother Prosper, although he had been around Prosper for 17 years at this point. His older brother made it... hard to forget his birthday.

Christmas was not forgettable, however. Not in the slightest. When the clock struck midnight on December 1st, Adrien felt the air change and the mood brighten. He didn't know a single person that didn't love Christmas. All of the giddy first years wandered around the halls, talking about what they thought they were gonna get this Christmas, older students talked about things they needed, Merlin, Adrien was sure he'd even heard the Medical Studies professor talking about how he was excited for the nice pair of socks he'd gotten year after year.

Adrien himself was excited. It meant he and his family would be sitting around the fire for a few days when Adrien was on break, relaxing and taking the time to be a family. The seventh year always liked when they were all together during the winters. It reminded him of when he was a kid, before Prosper was in school, when the Lachapelles would just enjoy each other's company. Now, with Prosper living in Paris and Adrien being at school, family times were far and few in between.

The boy's boots pushed through the light dusting of snow as he walked through Chatoeil, his camera slung around his neck. He went over the lists in his head, trying to remember what he had already bought, vs. what he was planning on getting. Oh bullocks, he should have just written it down.

"Okay so um... I have... my mom left, and my brother Prosper... and Max..." Adrien told Lyra, his current partner in crime. Of course, he also had to shop for her too, but he wasn't gonna let her know that. He was hoping she would clue him in to something that he could pick up for her at a later date, and surprise her with before everyone left for the holidays. "I just don't know what to get for my mom. I don't really... feel like I know her as well as everyone else in my family does."

"Who do you need to shop for?"
[align=center]http://i.imgur.com/Gi3nfBF.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

67 Posts
tell me who you're loyal to [lyra]
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 03:42:28 PM »
Christmas!

It was easily her favourite time of year. It had been a tough one so far. For the first time in her tender seventeen years of life, she'd experience heartbreak, jealousy and deep rejection. For a few months, she'd lost herself. Long gone was the sparkly blonde girl who loved the outdoors and she'd been replaced by an anxious, withdrawn girl who ate her lunch by herself in the library. But things were changing. It was almost a new year and she'd decided that she wasn't going to bring any of the negativity of this year into the next one. It hurt but if they didn't want to be friends with her, then why was she trying so hard?

Lyra fell easily into step besides Adrien as she bounced along, her heeled https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/AWuwUZXjREWPD9fH1eRFmSkdAjjIJnCeeTMnM75HLdJG0m2lpNxRZ7o/' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>boots slipping on the snow a little as she pulled her hat down to sit lower on her forehead. Being with Adrien was always easy. There had been a bit of a rough patch where she'd thrown herself off a cliff into the sea but he'd been the one to drag her out and her bad decisions seemed to bring them closer. For the first time in a long while, she felt relaxed.

"I'm actually pretty much on top of things this year," she told her friend lightly, giggling as a snowflake landed on the tip of her nose. "Probably just my dad. And Thunder," she added as she mentioned her huge dog back home. Thunder and Adrien got on pretty well and he was one of the few people the Newfoundland didn't try and flatten.

The mention of Max made her frown briefly. Boys being boys, she was sure he hadn't told Adrien about their falling out. She cleared her throat as she tucked a lock of blonde hair back underneath her hat. Regardless of how hurt she'd been, she'd still given the taller boy a present. It was wrapped in her dorm. She wasn't spiteful enough to hold a grudge at this time of year. "Well, you know him best," Lyra replied in what she hoped was a cheery tone.

Adrien's comment about his mother made her frown again, this time for a different reason. "I'm sure that's not true," she told him gently, reaching out a gloved hand and squeezing his shoulder affectionately. "Mums are tricky. Mine's an enigma," she grimaced. "What about some bath stuff? Or a nice cashmere scarf? Grey is a nice colour and goes with lots of skin tones," she said helpfully. The mention of Prosper made her laugh gently. She'd never met Adrien's older brother but she'd heard stories. Lots of stories. "Does he need any ballet stuff?" Lyra asked, unsure what dancers needed towell, dance.

"Have you ever thought about organising a boys' day out?" The petite blonde offered as they walked by. "I know you miss him and he misses you, too. Maybe organise something in Paris? I've never been but I can try and help."

As they walked, her big blue eyes were distracted and she froze. "Look at those!" Lyra gushed as she left Adrien's side and sprinted to the shop window, her hands on the glass as she peered in. On a large Christmas tree was a selection of beautiful Russian baubles that glinted invitingly in the winter sunlight. "Oh wow," she breathed as she pressed her nose against the shop front. "Aren't these pretty?" She asked distractedly as she pointed at one. There was a small collection of https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/441352832203955540/' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>stars and she had her eye on the hand painted green one. "I haven't seen anything like that before. Do you think your mum might like it?"
http://mhrpg.org/images/2017/12/26/lyra.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal