February 05, 2023, 08:10:06 AM

Author Topic:  [Port] Wont accept your silence; beg me for forgiveness [Zoy  (Read 141 times)

Dzmitry Zelenko [Drakonya Krov]
14 Posts  -  Sixteen  -  Thirsty AF  -  EST (GMT-5)  -  played by Dylan
[Port] Wont accept your silence; beg me for forgiveness [Zoy
« on: October 05, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »
 Dzmitry was kicking himself for that pathetic performance. To be fair, it had not been his final chance at winning glory for himself as Durmstrang’s dueling champion, but he had a lot of self-esteem riding on his dueling abilities and he had made such a monumental error in judgement that she had won, hands down, at the end of the match. Up to the final few moments, the battle had been relatively even between the two of them. She had something up her sleeve around every corner, but so had he—until he didn’t. Thinking she would fake left and go right, he went left. She went left. He was hit right to the chest and was down for the count. He felt stupid for overthinking—had she even faked a shot previously? He didn’t remember, and had taken some time to lick his wounds after the battle in the ports. He liked it there. They were dark, quiet. He used to go there for comfort when his late best friend was still alive, they’d spend time there.

He had not wanted to see Zoya’s bragging right away, so he sulked away quickly after the duel had ended, but now he was prepared to be the bigger version of himself and congratulate her on a duel well won. He was on his way out of the port, up the stairs, when he heard the stomping noise of a very angry set of feet on their way down. He lingered there, unsure, but then stepped aside at the bottom to get out of whoever’s way.

Of course, it was Zoya. He cleared his throat, in the dark, to get her attention. “Hey Chernova.” He offered, his teasing lilt a little less enthusiastic and more sobered than usual. “Good game today.” He said, reaching out his hand to shake hers. “How’s it feel to be champion?”

@Zoya Chernova

Zoya Chernova [Inactive Character]
39 Posts
  • She was not fragile like a flower; she was fragile like a bomb.
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Lucky Horseshoes Durmstrang Chip Contest (2001-2002) - Klyk Vampira Little book of magic Working Class Family Member Pureblood Character Klyk Vampira Dueling Captain & Co-Captain
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 01:12:06 PM »
 No. No, he had not thrown the match, on purpose?!

Zoya Chernova was absolutely livid. She was a ticking time bomb on a good day, but now she was going full Chernobyl. She was melting down, and she was going to take Dzmitry with her. She had left immediately after the match, despite several classmates congratulating her on the way out. She wanted to enjoy the win; to know that she had earned it. But of course, Dzmitry and his stupid face had ruined everything. Ugh!

She stomped around the common room a while, then the hallways, and eventually found anger leading her straight toward the docks. Toward where she expected to find [ihim[/i]. And as she often was, Zoya was right. She pressed her hands firmly into her hips – to avoid slapping him outright – as he had the gall to congratulate her on the victory. She wasn’t sure she even wanted to claim. “What the hell was that Zelenko?”

Zoya thought of herself as the superior dueler (of course), but realistically she knew they were evenly matched. There were several times tonight where she thought he might best her (not that she would ever admit it!) And then he made a foolish, rookie mistake, and left her feeling angry and confused. “Did you let me win?” Merlin, she wanted to throttle him.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
 Of all the things that Dzmitry had expected from Zoya, this was not the response that he was expecting. Why would he throw the match? Sure, he liked Zoya. He liked her spirit and their banter and she was prettier this year than he remembered her being from the years before, but this was not a decent reason to humiliate himself for her, on purpose. He was a little angry that she would be so self-absorbed to think that he would intentionally lose to her—to what gain?

Even so, in his momentary fury he had forgotten how pitifully dumb his rookie mistake had been. He didn’t stop to think that she might have thought that he was a better dueler than he had performed, and that it was really a little bit of a compliment… He grimaced.

“Well, hello to you too?” He offered, a little taken aback. “Why would I give up the scholarship just to get brownie points from you? You think I didn’t want it as much as you did? That I didn’t need the money?” He offered, a little heated. “Hey, no. You won, but you don’t have to rub it in. I’m trying to be nice to you, now. Be the bigger man and all that. Sportsmanship.” He frowned. “You fought good, but I wouldn’t lose to you again.” He assured, though he wasn’t all that sure of it himself.

Zoya Chernova [Inactive Character]
39 Posts
  • She was not fragile like a flower; she was fragile like a bomb.
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Lucky Horseshoes Durmstrang Chip Contest (2001-2002) - Klyk Vampira Little book of magic Working Class Family Member Pureblood Character Klyk Vampira Dueling Captain & Co-Captain
Re: [Port] Wont accept your silence; beg me for forgiveness [Zoy
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 02:27:59 PM »
“No, don’t you dare, hello to you too, me, mister!” Zoya said, her head waving back and forth dramatically as she pulled a face and mocked his demeanor. She was in no mood for his silly flirtations and cute gestures. Oh, no, no. He offered a counter point, and if she wasn’t so livid, she might have seen the merit of it. Instead, she huffed loudly. “I don’t know why you do anything you do!” She asserted, her finger waggling at him as if she was scolding a child. He made a fair point—he needed the money as much as she did, and she knew that—but it didn’t matter. All she saw was red.

Dzmitry called himself the bigger person, and she about lost it, throwing her head back and beginning to pace across the small area they were in. “The bigger person? Sportsmanship? What sort of captain makes a mistake like that?” She wasn’t trying to rub it in, she wasn’t, but the young witch couldn’t stop herself. She was like a runaway train headed straight for a cliff— “You actually want me to believe that shit?”

“I know I did well,” Zoya stopped again, standing much closer to him than before, and tilting her head to meet his eyes with a glare. “But you should have done better.” She’d been watching him for weeks; he was a gifted duelist. She’d never admit it, but Zoya had been nervous heading into the finals today, and now she felt like it was all a lie. Either he was worse than he let on—or she hadn't won at all.

“I want a rematch.” He had already suggested it, and Zoya took him up on the offer without a moment of hesitation.

Re: [Port] Wont accept your silence; beg me for forgiveness [Zoy
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 11:32:08 AM »
Dzmitry couldn’t help flushing, both from anger and embarrassment as she mentioned his dumb mistake and how it wasn’t an example of what he ought to be able to do. He cleared his throat. “Okay, so it wasn’t my best game ever, but I didn’t let you win.” He maintained. “But you’re right. I should have done better. It was a stupid, rookie mistake, and it wouldn’t happen again. You really think you can handle a rematch? Don’t you want to keep your victory?” He asked, eyes teasing but tone of voice taunting.

WHen she agreed to the rematch, he nodded. “Fine. Where? When? I’ll be down anywhere and any time.” He maintained. “We should make it interesting. Make a bet. If you win, what do you want?” He wondered, trying to think of what he might want if he won. Some public humiliation, perhaps? Maybe he wasn’t that cruel, regardless of how tempting the idea was.

“Set the consequences, time, and date. I’ll be there to beat you.”

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal