Author Topic:  [S&S] could be the changing of the seasons [#tate]  (Read 562 times)

26 Posts
[S&S] could be the changing of the seasons [#tate]
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »
Blind date? Why would she even agree to it? Tatum Atherton really did need to get out of the owlery and stop working to be able to have fun. She was working on trying to make a decent profit with her delivery owls. Only enough so she could keep adopting the older owls to be able to keep them til they die. She did not want anything bad to happen to them. One of her buddies told her to try a date with his cousin. More insisted they should do it. She had no clue why he wanted her to do it, but it was best to be nice to someone. Tatum needed to cozy up with people other than animals.

As she checked out her outfit a few times, she keep changing. Should she wear a dress? Skirt? No way- those were uncomfortable and looked horrible on her boyish frame. She did not have the chest and her bum stuck out to much. It was best to wear her http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=130358036' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>tight capris, black and white striped shirt with a black jacket over it. She did manage to put some lipstick on that clashed with her teal in her hair. She had no clue how to dress like a girl. It was hard. She wished she could just wear blue jeans and her muggle band tee shirts on the date, but that would be a bad first impression. Finally done getting ready she quickly made her way out of her office in her owlery and made her way to Hogsmeade.

She was supposed to meet the person at a place called Sugar and Spice. Tatum never heard of it, but she really did not get out much since the war. As she stepped up to the place she noticed a man looking at his watch. Was that Carrick? Carrick was his name right? She raised an eyebrow until he noticed her. It must be him. As she stepped forward he stuck it toward her. "Tatum it is." She smiled at the man. He looked nice, oh great. Nerves were forming. As he introduced himself, she smiled softly. "Pleasure." She was trying to hold back from calling him mate. She was just so used to it.

Did he just open the door for him? This was unexpected. Most of the men she was around treated her like one of their best friends. This was hard. As he talked about the place, she chuckled. "Well, teenagers probably go out more than me." It was true. She never left her owls. She was already worrying about them. As they went into the place he was handed some runes. He held them out for a second then cupped his hand closed saying he would hold them for later. "I am not planning to ditch you, mate, no worries." She chuckled. Mate came right now. She did not mean too. Why did she always do that? At least she did not punch him.

As she looked around the area, she listened to his voice. Before he could even give her the second option Tatum's eyes became huge. ANIMALS! She looked at him and listened to his remark to her excitement. He at least had a smile. "A little obsession of mine." Tatum went straight for kneazles. She loved them more than cats. They were just more exciting. She smiled at him. "So just letting you know... I am not a cat lady... more of an owl lady." She smiled gently at him. She was still feeling awkward. The man being completely suave and attractive made it even worse.
I\'m only http://oi61.tinypic.com/2uy1u34.jpg\' rel=\'nofollow noopener\' target=\'_blank\'>human, I\'ve got a skeleton in me
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b441/jogiejoey/tatesig_zpsipmb8hu6.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />
But I\'m not the villain, despite what you\'re always preaching.

5 Posts
[S&S] could be the changing of the seasons [#tate]
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:09:38 PM »
This was anything but within his realm of normalcy. Just to preface this whole experience. And to explain why as Carrick stood outside of this Sugar and Spice place, he was just slightly on edge. Why all of this unease?

Two words: blind date.

He obliged, knowing that if he didn't his cousin would make his life a living Hell. And honestly, he hadn't been on a date in what seemed like... well, forever. As if on cue, Carrick stuffed his hands in the pockets of his peacoat and gave a hidden-well nervous glance down the road. He knew nothing about this girl. Other than her name was Tate? No, Tatum? Both? It took a lot for Carrick not to use what sources he had to look up more information on this girl. But then it wouldn't be doubly blind of a date then, would it.

Carrick let out a slow exhale, a puff of steam showing evidence that his insides were working a mile a minute and keeping the man decently warm. His eyes wandered to the window and what would be his soon access to warmth. Not that it was that bad outside.

Taking his right hand out to check his watch, Carrick gave a quick, small nod and glanced down the street again. He was early, of course. Always. And this was him being creative, at least on a "date" perspective. Hands on. In case his social skills weren't at their best under this different type of pressure. He was over-thinking things. Carrick gave a hard blink and suddenly felt his body tense as an unexpected nudge was placed strategically on his arm.

Here goes nothing... Carrick's head turned first, bearing a polite smile and his body slowly followed. His smiled widened as he took the girl's appearance in. Definitely... unexpected... and yet... entirely welcomed. Teal, it was different. Tattoos, something familiar, though not those in particular. As he spent the first few moments taking her in, Carrick struggled with how to handle introductions. And then he went for it...

Right hand moving as if in slow motion, he stuck it out towards the younger woman with a warm smile in tow. "Tatum? I hope?" He inquired, his body language searching for the common handshake, giving off the presentation of his being relaxed, calm and collected. Meanwhile his brain was working a thousand kilometers a minute. "I'm Carrick, pleasure." He then raised his brows and reached an arm out to prop open the door. "Shall we? I've never been but I've heard it's fun. This is also coming from a teenager, so forgive me if your hopes are crushed within the first minute." He let out a couple of light, jovial laughs and donned his wide smile. Relaxing into this experience. Everything would be fine.

Holding up two fingers, he retrieved their timed runes and turned them around a few times in his hand before holding them out for Tatum to take her pick, unless... "If you don't think you'll leave me," he cupped his hand closed, "I'll just keep hold of these." Ever the gentleman, no way was he going to let her pay a thing for the night's events. "So, food or --" He laughed once more having a feeling the other option would be more to her liking. "Definitely animals. Don't know why I even bothered to ask." Another smile. This was getting easier.
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/wfdreams/Others/Carrick1S_zps978b0876.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal