Author Topic:  What are you watching? #2  (Read 6639 times)

3557 Posts 32 she/her EST (GMT-5)
What are you watching? #2
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »
Pathoma videos lol
?»_(Òâä)_/?»
y'all just looking at how marked-up my accompanying textbook is makes me want to cry
|| pinterest | threadlist | Anni 2017 . gryff!pride ||

intermittently (and unpredictably) super busy - sorry!

312 Posts
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »
Who else is living for Johnny Weir's commentary on the Olympic figure skating?

I suppose only us yanks are lucky enough to bask in the mad shade from our bedazzled skating Queen.
http://mhrpg.org/images/2018/02/07/jungle3.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

774 Posts 23
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2018, 11:03:39 PM »
ooooh tbh I hate his and Tara's commentary???
I'm watching on the other stream
the level of pressure they put on the young skaters and how dramatic they make everything sound are too much for me <<
let your memories grow stronger and stronger, 'til they're before your eyes

you'll come back when they call you, no need to say goodbye

297 Posts
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »
As a actual skater, who has to deal with commentary on my own skating... I canÔÇÖt stand their commentary. They focus on all the wrong things and give a terrible and unrealistic impression of the sport to non-skaters/casual fans and they focus so much on the negative when a skater actually has lots of potential and it makes me so frustrated. I get angry when commentators talk over the skating so much that I canÔÇÖt hear the nuances in the music properly.

Also, shout out to my coach who killed it on the pairs tech panel! <333

Edit: and yes, I did wake up at 1 am just to watch... training in an hour, not sure whether I have time to nap ;P

774 Posts 23
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »
girl doesn't the bbc do delayed streaming for people who want to sleep normal hours or something i feel like you should wait for that next time x_x
and i'm gonna move my olympic discussion to my shipper cause otherwise this thread will be two weeks of me posting but tags are down so yeah if anyone wants to discuss come find me there XD
let your memories grow stronger and stronger, 'til they're before your eyes

you'll come back when they call you, no need to say goodbye

256 Posts 30 she/her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:14 PM »
QUOTE ('Ariana Laurier link' dateline='1518149019')

ooooh tbh I hate his and Tara's commentary???
I'm watching on the other stream
the level of pressure they put on the young skaters and how dramatic they make everything sound are too much for me <<
[/quote]

QUOTE ('Kita link' dateline='1518151458')

As a actual skater, who has to deal with commentary on my own skating... I canÔÇÖt stand their commentary. They focus on all the wrong things and give a terrible and unrealistic impression of the sport to non-skaters/casual fans and they focus so much on the negative when a skater actually has lots of potential and it makes me so frustrated. I get angry when commentators talk over the skating so much that I canÔÇÖt hear the nuances in the music properly.

Also, shout out to my coach who killed it on the pairs tech panel! <333

Edit: and yes, I did wake up at 1 am just to watch... training in an hour, not sure whether I have time to nap ;P
[/quote]

You guys are making me really appreciate the Canadian commentators (on CBC). haha
I honestly love them. They're passionate, but not overly so, and they're super unbiased too. Plus they usually only talk in between the programmes.
The three of them are all past skaters/coaches though, so that may be why?

Elena
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2019, 05:54:34 AM »
http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23773' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@JT I watched only the first episode for that final fighting scene where they played 'Istanbul' but ngl the soundtrack is making me want to watch all the show >>

1567 Posts twenty-nine she/her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2018, 10:10:42 PM »
just saw dirty dancing for the first time
whoa

also realized the mom is emily on gilmore girls, so i have to watch that now too

Gavin
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2018, 10:03:47 AM »
I hope you had the time of your life

I'm sorry

not really

1203 Posts
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
"Travels in Trumpland with Ed Balls"

I hope you guys can get hold of the BBC iPlayer because my head's just exploded.

Elena
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »
started the bold type s2 woo~

2229 Posts 33 she/her PST (GMT-8)
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2018, 08:51:02 PM »
did anyone watch sharp objects
please say yes

256 Posts 30 she/her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2018, 12:11:48 AM »
Just finished watching To All the Boys I've Loved Before for the second time, after finishing the book last night. ;3
<33333Peter Kavinsky! *__*

Also I fiiiiiiiiinally got around to watching both La La Land and The Greatest Showman. (I know, I knoooow... I think I was put off a bit by how much hype they both had and was "saving" watching them until I was really in the mood for them? *flops*)
Annnnyway... I absolutely LOVED The Greatest Showman - holy cow! The music is amazing! I cry every time I hear "This is Me" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLFEvHWD_NE&list=PL4WKMTJYwfnglis9A1m8kes0YXR47jzyq&index=167&t=0s' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>this video, in particular, has me sobbing every.single.time!) and I always have the urge to sing/dance along to pretty much all of the other songs. haha
I liked La La Land quite a bit (I have a serious girl crush on Emma Stone, not going to lie ::)), but the ending made me kinda sad. :/

Also also Christopher Robin is adorable! Have any of you guys seen it? Pooh and Eeyore were my favourite. :]

833 Posts
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2018, 12:31:31 AM »
anyone else into ozark?
im late i think...

1095 Posts
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2018, 12:53:18 AM »
im watching the docuseries i am a killer

very interesting to see things from a death row inmate's perspective

Tags: