Author Topic:  inside friend [charlie]  (Read 817 times)

973 Posts 31 take you to the candy shop she/her played by cstine
inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 10:29:26 PM »
Honey raised both eyebrows, looking far less concerned than Charlie was; they?óÔé¼Ôäód all turned up, like, here, Charlie included. He seemed to catch on but they were both too smart (or too dumb) to get into the semantics of their arrangement now.

She watched as Charlie picked up the fork she?óÔé¼Ôäód laid out for him rather than start on another omelette, shrugging off his what? She?óÔé¼Ôäód already been fairly specific, saying he?óÔé¼Ôäód kicked a tree. Did he? Honey raised her eyebrows again, stopping just short of taking another bite as she waited for him to finish the question. She was distracted as soon as he moved, though, her gaze drifting from the (apparently shared) omelette up to meet Charlie?óÔé¼Ôäós eye.

She raised one eyebrow the next time, partly because they were genuinely sharing a plate of food but mostly because he thought she needed a restraining order. That seemed a little extreme; if he?óÔé¼Ôäód met Will he?óÔé¼Ôäód know that was a bit of an overreaction, even considering the scene at the Games. That made for one meltdown in how many years? (He?óÔé¼Ôäód also taken the news?óÔé¼ÔÇØHarlan?óÔé¼Ôäós news?óÔé¼ÔÇØbetter than she had, but that was beside the point.) It might make more sense if she was being totally honest in explaining the situation to Charlie, but she wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót about to backtrack now and fill him in on everything.

But Charlie had one. For him or against him? ?óÔé¼?ôHave you??óÔé¼?Ø She looked down at their plate?óÔé¼ÔÇØhe wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót looking at her anymore?óÔé¼ÔÇØand nabbed a bit of egg he?óÔé¼Ôäód been going for, continuing the conversation without looking back up. ?óÔé¼?ôDidn?óÔé¼Ôäót think your divorce was that bad.?óÔé¼?Ø She took a bit and glanced up, meeting his eye with a small smirk.?á

honey bea flume

1414 Posts 29 candy girl he/him played by laura
inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 11:25:31 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôYe?óÔé¼ÔÇØ?óÔé¼?Ø He glared at her. ?óÔé¼?ôFuck off.?óÔé¼?Ø He set his fork down and reached to pull the little basket of eggs closer -- easier to busy himself with making a second omelette (they were about to finish this one) than to get into the divorce with her.

But he kind of felt the need to defend himself now, even if he hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót intended to explain the ins and outs of his own restraining order when he?óÔé¼Ôäód (mostly jokingly) brought up her needing one. ?óÔé¼?ôIt?óÔé¼Ôäós not for me,?óÔé¼?Ø he started, more calmly, cracking eggs into the bowl and picking up the whisk -- his attention firmly on what he was doing rather than looking her in the eye. He frowned softly, ?óÔé¼?ôIt were at my old place, when?óÔé¼ÔÇØ?óÔé¼?Ø he barely hesitated, but it was enough, ?óÔé¼?ô?óÔé¼ÔÇØ Kate was still living with us.?óÔé¼?Ø Honey had just named her exes so he shouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót feel like he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót use Kate?óÔé¼Ôäós name in front of her, but maybe it was just the remnants of not being able to say Honey?óÔé¼Ôäós name in front of Kate that was plaguing him.

?óÔé¼?ôJust before I came here, actually,?óÔé¼?Ø he glanced up and met Honey?óÔé¼Ôäós eyes, remembering that moment downstairs -- how close they had gotten. How much trouble would that have saved, if he?óÔé¼Ôäód just given in then? He looked back at what he was doing and poured the beaten eggs into the pan, cleared his throat. ?óÔé¼?ôShe?óÔé¼Ôäód been breaking in for months?óÔé¼ÔÇØ I had sex with her ages ago,?óÔé¼?Ø he admitted, ?óÔé¼?ônot at my place, and before I knew she was a fucking psychopath. Thought she was just, you know.?óÔé¼?Ø He was stirring the eggs with a little more force than last time.

?óÔé¼?ôI came home early one night after a show and she was still there. Told me she was pregnant and it was mine and?óÔé¼ÔÇØ She wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót. Pregnant. But?óÔé¼ÔÇØ it was just a fucking mess. We stayed in a hotel until the restraining order was all sorted?óÔé¼ÔÇØ and turns out that expired while I was in Amsterdam because she was there then.?óÔé¼?Ø He let out a long exhale. ?óÔé¼?ôAnyway it?óÔé¼Ôäós fine I?óÔé¼Ôäóm getting it renewed?óÔé¼ÔÇØ?óÔé¼?Ø he ought to get onto that, ?óÔé¼?ô?óÔé¼ÔÇØand she doesn?óÔé¼Ôäót know where I live now?óÔé¼?ª I don?óÔé¼Ôäót think.?óÔé¼?Ø

He paused, whisk in hand, and turned to look at Honey again. He hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót meant to tell her that much -- admittedly, there was more he still could have told her, but this was probably more insight into his life than she cared to have as it was. He swallowed softly then glanced away. He shrugged half-heartedly, as if to say and that?óÔé¼Ôäós that.

c  h  a  r  l  i  e     b  a  k  e  r

f l a s h   t h a t   a n g l e   g r i n d e r   s m i l e ,   g a s p ,   a n d   r o l l   y o u r   e y e s

inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 12:04:18 AM »
Charlie didn?óÔé¼Ôäót seem to love her joke but she was still pretty pleased; his divorce might have been a touchy subject but if it was too soon for Honey to joke about it was probably too soon to sleep with her.

He started in on a second omelette (finally) as he started explaining himself, apparently quite serious about the restraining order. She paused on eating, resting the side of her hand on the counter, still holding onto her fork. Names were being brought into it again--she had started it but it had been for clarification reasons, too many ?óÔé¼?£he?óÔé¼Ôäós to keep track of (plus she hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót been married to any of them)--and she shifted a little, almost uncomfortably.

Honey held his gaze as he looked at her. She didn?óÔé¼Ôäót need to ask for clarification on which time or get a memory refresher; he?óÔé¼Ôäód been looking for gifts for his girlfriend and somehow they?óÔé¼Ôäód arrived at Honeydukes chocolates being the best idea; never mind she should have mentioned Will at some point then; never mind he would have stayed if she had asked.

She nodded at his y?óÔé¼Ôäóknow but he wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót looking at her anymore. She nearly interrupted him to ask if they were having scrambled eggs, but she couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót remember the last time he?óÔé¼Ôäód talked this much and she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want to spook him. Her eyes got wider with his no-pause-for-breath explanation and she read into his hesitation. Merlin. She?óÔé¼Ôäód made jokes about him not being on the floo network and she was still grimacing when he looked at her again.

If she were a better person, she might ask if he?óÔé¼Ôäód told his ex-wife about the restraining order being up but she wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót and she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want to give him a reason to talk to her so she pivoted to something less serious: ?óÔé¼?ôDon?óÔé¼Ôäót think Will?óÔé¼Ôäós ever claimed to be pregnant.?óÔé¼?Ø She finally set her fork down and moved to stand beside him at the stove, glancing down at the eggs before looking back up at him.

?óÔé¼?ôYou could have told me,?óÔé¼?Ø she said, not too seriously, and not meaning the whole thing, but-- ?óÔé¼?ôAmsterdam, I mean.?óÔé¼?Ø She shrugged, assuming he?óÔé¼Ôäód mentioned it at all because it hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót been an ideal situation; that wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót what they?óÔé¼Ôäód been talking about. ?óÔé¼?ôThat was before Geneva, yeah??óÔé¼?Ø She didn?óÔé¼Ôäót know what that said about her to admit she remembered any of his other tour dates and she didn?óÔé¼Ôäót know what he was meant to have told her but-- the mood had shifted and that wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót what they were about.

She looked back down at the eggs, looking a little wonky around the edges of the pan. ?óÔé¼?ôThought you were a Baker.?óÔé¼?Ø

honey bea flume

inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 08:06:59 PM »
?óÔé¼?ôLunch,?óÔé¼?Ø he said, a second time. ?óÔé¼?ôYou know, the meal in the middle of the day? After breakfast, before dinner.?óÔé¼?Ø He didn?óÔé¼Ôäót think suggesting lunch -- a safe, daytime meal -- was really asking so much. They?óÔé¼Ôäód had breakfast before, unintentionally (and not after sleeping together, surprisingly); had late-night meals that didn?óÔé¼Ôäót count as dinner (omelette included). They?óÔé¼Ôäód had fondue. If they couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót handle eating lunch together they had no hope of being friends. Friendly. Whatever.

Charlie was initially (more than) mildly offended at her next question, opening his mouth but not entirely sure what was going to come out of it?óÔé¼ÔÇØ But the more he thought about it, it probably wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót a bad idea to avoid all of that. He didn?óÔé¼Ôäót really care what people thought (he did), but it would just be easier, wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót it? He closed his mouth then opened it again; ?óÔé¼?ôNot in public or not in Hogsmeade or London??óÔé¼?Ø he asked in a low drawl, aware that had been her stipulation last time. In a way, not-in-public left room for the other half of this new label (with benefits), but that hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót exactly stopped them in Geneva either.

He followed Honey?óÔé¼Ôäós glance at the omelette, then looked at her with his eyebrows raised. ?óÔé¼?ôWell if you had more in your fridge?óÔé¼ÔÇØ?óÔé¼?Ø he began to argue, then gave up. Omelette wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót hard, but he didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want to explain he?óÔé¼Ôäód fucked that up because he was too busy thinking, like he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót multitask -- or risk her thinking it was to do with what (or who) they?óÔé¼Ôäód been talking about.

He drummed his fingertips on the counter, at a loss of what they were supposed to do now that they?óÔé¼Ôäód agreed to be friends -- go to bed? He brought his attention back to Honey and waited for her to look at him.

f l a s h   t h a t   a n g l e   g r i n d e r   s m i l e ,   g a s p ,   a n d   r o l l   y o u r   e y e s

inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 03:03:02 AM »
Charlie was only half-listening when Honey joked about Will being pregnant -- which was probably pretty obvious because he?óÔé¼Ôäód normally at least smirk at her. His mind was elsewhere, only brought back to the here and now when he felt her move closer. He turned his face slowly to look at her.

His brow furrowed softly. When was he supposed to have told her? They were just sex, with the occasional cup of tea (and now middle-of-the-night omelette). Still, he nodded -- Geneva -- trying to keep up with the conversation while he was still trying to push out thoughts of Amsterdam and then before, when she?óÔé¼Ôäód?óÔé¼ÔÇØ Wait?óÔé¼ÔÇØ

Charlie looked to Honey, then followed her gaze down to the eggs. ?óÔé¼?ôFuck?óÔé¼ÔÇØ?óÔé¼?Ø he swore sharply. He grabbed the spatula and flipped the eggs, grimacing at the slightly blackened underside that was now glaring up at them; a sign he?óÔé¼Ôäód not been paying attention. 'Thought you were a Baker.' He glanced at her, sidelong at first, before half-smiling, half-smirking. ?óÔé¼?ôHilarious.?óÔé¼?Ø

Charlie inhaled deeply through his nostrils and moved the omelette around a little more to make sure it wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót sticking, before setting the spatula down; his arm brushing against hers. He glanced at Honey again, backtracking to before the eggs were burning -- before Geneva, he could have told her. He supposed he could have told her in Geneva because they?óÔé¼Ôäód spent enough time not having sex that night (not that they hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót made up for it), but what sort of mood would that have put them in?

He swallowed softly, then wet his lips. ?óÔé¼?ôIt?óÔé¼Ôäós not like we?óÔé¼Ôäóre really friends,?óÔé¼?Ø he said, trying to sound casual and nonchalant about it -- he didn?óÔé¼Ôäót need any more friends -- but that didn?óÔé¼Ôäót mean he would be opposed. He glanced away and tipped the omelette on top of the remains of the first one, then hesitated as he tried to work out how to turn the heat off.

inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 01:56:52 AM »
Honey was close to agreeing with the second choice, not Hogsmeade, not London; going out in Geneva had been fun; getting caught in Geneva had been fun. But they knew more people here, even in Edinburgh. All she needed was to run into a cousin?óÔé¼ÔÇØat least one of the Craigs lived there?óÔé¼ÔÇØwith questions she?óÔé¼Ôäód have to dodge and it?óÔé¼Ôäód get back to her mother. Or Fergie. She hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót thought it all through the last time, more concerned with her boyfriend being out of the UK at the time.

?óÔé¼?ôNot in public,?óÔé¼?Ø she said after a couple seconds. She didn?óÔé¼Ôäót think she needed to explain herself.

He started to argue and gave up after seeing the evidence plain on the plate; the first attempt?óÔé¼ÔÇØCharlie?óÔé¼Ôäós first, not hers?óÔé¼ÔÇØhad been better. ?óÔé¼?ôWell if you want chocolate on your eggs, help yourself to what?óÔé¼Ôäós downstairs.?óÔé¼?Ø She rolled her eyes before she met his eye again, a soft smirk on her lips.

?óÔé¼?ôFriends, then.?óÔé¼?Ø It seemed like a weird thing to say, standing so close, just barely not touching. It was almost funny; Harlan had doubted she and Charlie could be friends. If only he could see?óÔé¼ÔÇØ Harlan was on her list of men she really didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want to keep thinking about (but couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót help doing so) and thank Merlin there was a perfectly acceptable distraction standing in front of her, friendships aside.

Honey closed the gap between them and pressed her lips to his, pulling him to her with both hands on his backside. They could figure out lunch details later.

[[ out ]]

honey bea flume

inside friend [charlie]
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 05:26:37 AM »
?óÔé¼ÔäóNot in public.?óÔé¼Ôäó Charlie considered that for a moment, then nodded once -- made sense, he supposed.

He narrowed his eyes at her, frowning disapprovingly -- he wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót the healthiest eater, but he at least had vegetables in the house (nowadays). And they might go off before he got around to eating them all, but the intent was there. And if not vegetables, he at least had bacon. She smirked though and it was too easy to return it, rolling his eyes right back at her.

?óÔé¼?ôFriends,?óÔé¼?Ø he agreed at a murmur. Charlie met Honey?óÔé¼Ôäós eyes and wet his lips, letting his gaze trail down to her mouth, then lower -- thinking about all the friendly things they could be doing instead of standing here. Honey either read his mind -- this wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót the first time he?óÔé¼Ôäód felt like she could -- or they really did have at least one thing in common (like friends might), because in the next moment her mouth was on his and she was pulling him closer by his backside.

Charlie returned the favour, one hand on her bum -- giving it a good squeeze -- and the other wrapping up around the back of her neck, threading through her hair and holding her face to his before sliding down over her front, getting a handful on the way to slide up under her (his) shirt in sync with his other hand, smoothing around her waist and encouraging her backwards toward the kitchen table.

[ end ]

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal