Author Topic:  Tonight we are young, we can burn brighter than the sun [Jul  (Read 1301 times)

202 Posts 21 heterosexual
Tonight we are young, we can burn brighter than the sun [Jul
« on: November 18, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
Perhaps it was his blue eyes. Maybe it was the way he carried himself as he leaned against the wall. His youthful look he presented had also stolen her attention. Valda wasn't fully positive as to why she had been drawn to the boy who she noticed had kept to himself and as far away from the energetic crowds. There were two logical reasons as to why she did what she did. The first was that he was by himself with no friends or company. The Russian wasn't quite certain if he was enjoying himself or not, but she assumed he preferred to be anywhere else but in India surrounded by the liud music, chants, and gleeful cries. The second was that he reminded her all too well of http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23607' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Gio Gambino . His distant attitude and lonesome self made her think of her boyfriend and how he enjoyed much quieter scenes. If he were here... Her heart ached that he wasn't there to share this experience with her. He wouldn't have had much fun and Valda was curious if this guy felt the same as Gio would have.

She stepped away from the crowd and pulled out her wand. The ebony tip was placed against her throat as she performed a translating charm. A glimmer of green was absorbed from her wand into her skin. It glowed as it spread around her throat and up to her ears briefly before it quickly vanished leaving no scar, blemish, or discoloration behind. What language he spoke was unknown, but she was almost certain he didn't speak Russian. This charm allowed for her words to be heard in his native tongue and for his language to be translated to Russian for her to hear.

When she appraoched him, she offered him a smile and a wave. Her wand had been placed back in a concealment at her waist that didn't interfere too much with the https://www.pinterest.com/pin/276549233340777301/' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>sari she donned. "Hello! My name is Valda," she wasted no time in introducing herself before he had the chance to escape. Her Russian accent was thick and heavy. She knew it was there, though she couldn't hear it. All Valda could hope for was that hecd be able to understand her though it. "I haven't seen you before. This is my first time in India! I absolutely love it here. Do you like it too?" She wanted him to have a good time and Valda was determined to see it happen.

"I haven't seen any friends of mine from Durmstrang Institute here. I hope to find someone soon. Maybe all of my friends preferred to stay north this summer. It is much warmer in India than what they are used to." Her eyes scanned over the crowd before them searchinf through the faces. When she hadn't spotted a familiar face, she looked back towards him. "What is your name? Is this your first time in India too?" She asked a lot of questions and brought a lot on him, she was aware of that fact. She immediately regretted having almost attacked him with her abundance of words. The orphan couldn't help herself. She was far too excited about what was going on around her and with the prospect that she may find a new friend in him, her joy only grew. She preferred to constantly be happy, to constabtly be busy. It distracted her a good deal from her own sorrows of life. Reaching out to new people and exploring though was helping her remember there were hard times and there were good times. Each moment was meant to be embraced. She wanted to live every second of life to the fullest and never miss another moment. She had missed too many, so now, Valda wasn't going to let anything slip past her-not even a kid who was a complete stranger to her.

http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=18137' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Marin Clare http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=22505' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@R?®mi Park

158 Posts
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:38:36 PM »
Marin was not dealing well with the heat.

In the little sanctuary just outside of Yondertown that the Clare family called home, the average July temperature barely made it past twenty degrees, and never ever went above thirty. At least, not in his memory. Twenty was a good temperature, thought the Hufflepuff, leaning in just a touch as someone walked past him quickly, disturbing the hot, heavy air enough that it almost felt like a breeze. He found himself craving the weaker sunlight of England, the cool ocean breeze when his family took daytrips to the southern coast.

The funny thing was, though, that Marin actually really liked travelling. He and his parents had done it a lot when he was younger, and they went away most summers. His father worked in international relations and his mother was a restless soul. He'd been to Australia twice. All over Europe. Now he was in India. His more imaginative mind craved the newness of being in a new place, despite the apparent contradiction someone who knew him might see. He loved safety. He didn't like change. But travelling was different, he thought. He got to see all kinds of different things, but wasn't forced to interact or be in uncomfortable situations. It helped that no one new him, too, though the benefit was only slight.

Of course, whatever train of thought he'd been on previously went out the window as a girl appeared, seemingly from nowhere. Marin blinked. "Umm," he said, resisting the urge to glance over his shoulder to make sure she was actually speaking to him. He remembered something in the prophet about being on the lookout for visitors who might try to steal your heart and he eyed her warily. "Marin Clare," he said, trying to guess her accent from the few words she'd given him. It sounded Russian, but he didn't have a lot of foreign friends so the guess might just be evidence of his ignorance. She was speaking English, he noted. Aside from being very pale, even for an Englishman, Marin knew he just looked British.

"Yeah, I do," he said, a little belatedly, nodding. Realising that she hadn't mistaken him for someone else, he wondering if she was about to pitch some sale or ask for his help or something. Marin straightened up just a little, his shoulders still a bit hunched as he slipped his palms into his pockets. She was tall, he noted. Still several inches smaller than him, but tall for a girl. Subconsciously, he noted other things about her appearance - freckles, hair colour etc. It was natural for him to pay attention to these little details whenever he was in the position of interacting with someone new. These days, it mostly happened subconsciously unless he was particularly nervous.

She spoke a lot. He didn't know where he should interject, or speak over her, even if he was answering one of her questions. He stayed quiet instead. A bit too warm, he thought, and was considering saying it but she didn't give him a chance. He cleared his throat once she'd actually finished speaking, answering her most recent question first. "Actually I have been here once before. Not here, here, I mean... But to Delhi." The teenager swallowed. "I haven't seen anyone I know either," he added, clear blue eyes scanning the crowd quickly as if to prove the point.
[align=center]http://mhrpg.org/images/2018/11/18/Nc3ui4k.png\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />

202 Posts 21 heterosexual
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
Her smile grew from cheek to cheek. They pushed her freckles together to make more clusters on her cheeks and nose. She was able to quickly identify that Marin was an Englishman. His accent was rich. She'd spoken with a few other Englishmen earlier to ask for directions that Valda had come to recognize what their accent sounded like, though it came in many variations.

Before she spoke more, she allowed him to finish. She nodded her head and, when Marin looked out at the crowd, her gaze followed as if the redhead woukd be of any help finding people he knew. "Marin," she said cooly. The name was repeated a couple times as she worked to make the name flow naturally from her lips. She couldn't help the slight roll of her the r. "I like the name Marin. It's an original one. You don't meet many by that name." Her attention pulled away from the crowd to rest back on him.

"With such a grand celebration as this, you'd think more people both of us knew would have come. Oh well," she said calmly with a shrug as she allowed herself to fall into the wall behind her. "That's pretty cool you've been to India before. Was Delhi interesting?" She waited patiently gor his answer, nodding as he spoke before shr continued on. "This is the first time I've never gone on vacation. I'm loving it, but I want to see more parts of the area-not just the dancing and the crowds. You know? I was to go see some of the "quieter" areas."

What she knew about India was very little. She had read books before coming. One fact she learned was that in the larger cities, the roads were always bustling with people and animals. She knew if she left this big area, she'd just run into these busy streets. Her only worry was that if she did do that, she'd be lost and stuck in India for awhile. She could use her magic, but she hadn't passed a test to apparate yet. Even then, she doubted she'd be able to go very far. Valda would be lucky if she found a portkey to take her home if she did wander off and get lost. "Do you travel often? What's your favorite place you've been to?"

She knew it was odd to strike up a conversation with someone whom she'd never met til now. Valda enjoyed his company though. In no way was she goinf to complain about it. With het attention on Marin, she couldn't help but wonder what he thought of her and this new scenario she'd placed the two of them in.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal