Author Topic:  {lets conspire to ignite} h  (Read 190 times)

209 Posts het
{lets conspire to ignite} h
« on: March 09, 2023, 09:23:22 PM »
“I always get a little nervous for these sort of things.” she commented, feeling sheepish, as she dusted her coat off and tried not to fiddle with the buttons. Harlan, she knew, would enjoy the amount of rare books on display as much as she would but wondered if he felt the same about the stuffy snobs that would undoubtedly be in attendance. It was inevitable, though, and she loved rare books more than she hated snobs.

“Afraid I’m going to say something to someone I probably shouldn’t.” she mused, as she grabbed her purse. Moose gave out a little wine next to Harlan from where he lounged at the foot of the couch. She felt her heart twist and was very tempted to just not. The excitement sizzling in her bones regarding the book expo was too good to pass up and she’d already invited Harlan. It would be rude to suddenly change her mind. The street was going to be littered with shops, catering to a specific literary genre and decorated to suit.

Poetry readings, excerpts, and reenactments would be in abundance. Not to mention the decorations. She’d been looking forward to it for months now and she was glad to be going with someone who would appreciate books as she did. “Ready?” she asked, grabbing their invitations before making her way towards the floo.

@Harlan Bellamy
{its strange what d e s r i r e can make f o o l i s h people do }

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal