Author Topic:  [cork] do nothing | casey  (Read 325 times)

132 Posts 21 Heterosexual He/him played by Taylor
[cork] do nothing | casey
« on: April 07, 2023, 01:35:58 AM »
Camm wasn't a master of spellwork and he had to get Ari's help to 'undetectable extension charm' his rucksack. He didn't know how Ari felt about the ministry and flouting the rules, given that she was still working there and frankly because he hadn't asked recently (he made a mental note to do exactly that next time he caught her), but he'd been pretty clear about being pro anti-ministry, at least in the last few years. It's not like he was doing anything illegal anyway, he was just lugging a tv and a gaming console over to Casey's.

Sometimes it amazed him that Casey still wanted to be friends with him. They came from different worlds, and still exist in different worlds. He worked as a waiter for her family's fancy dinner event, and now she's a famous quidditch player. Granted, quidditch players weren't as untouchable as like.. famous football players back in the muggle world, but they were still celebrities in their own right. He was happy that she reached out though, he didn't think he would've given her high profile now. There was something very embarrassing about imagining his letter being mistaken for fan mail, especially if she had an assistant of some sort to go through those. God, what if she did have an assistant?

But it was Casey herself who wrote to him and invited him over to hers for a get-together, he still recognised her handwriting. The catch was that neither of them were allowed to do any 'adulting'. No fancy bars, no dressing up, no events. Which was really right up Camm's alley. The only thing that made him slightly uneasy was the thought that she was possibly living with a boyfriend. Which he didn't really care about! Nor was he privy to such information! And he didn't want Casey to think that he thought she had to ask her boyfriend for permission to spend time with a friend, but– it was getting all too confusing to keep it straight.

Shoving the thoughts to the back of his head for the moment, he picked up the tv that was sitting on their coffee table, and carefully fitted it into the open mouth of his rucksack. He had faith in Ari's spellcasting, but the tv wasn't his (he went all the way up to Glasgow to see his dad, who let him have one from the shop, including his personal N64), and he'd really like to avoid paying out of pocket if anything happened to it. It went in no problem, to his relief, and he hastily stuffed the N64 in there too, checking his watch to make sure he wasn't running late.

He considered stopping at a bottle shop for some drinks, but Casey said she'd have food and drinks covered if he had entertainment, so he thought he'd better get going. She lived in Cork, and despite having apparated multiple times without splinching himself, he was still nervous about the whole event. Sure it was convenient, but taking the ferry never ran the risk of getting his limbs ripped off. He took a deep breath, steadied himself, and—

CRACK

— Camm was on one knee, breathing hard. He was in one piece, and everything seemed to have survived alright. He was mostly worried about the tv, but he hadn't heard anything breaking on his arrival, so he decided to leave everything up to fate, and started making his way to Casey's place. He wasn't familiar with the area, but it wasn't especially hard to find, and in five minutes he was knocking on her door.

"Hey Casey," He was probably still pale from the apparating, but he tried to smile and pretend nothing's wrong when she answered, "Um, here I am! With, with entertainment!" He swung his rucksack around and patted it, as if she could see that he was carrying with him.

@Casey Regan bah this was hastily written and not very good but i wanted to get it out before i left! feel free to position him wherever <3

96 Posts 23 straight She/Her played by Michaela
Re: [cork] do nothing | casey
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 09:18:43 AM »
Casey wasn't someone who entertained often, or had the time to entertain often, for that matter. But she was also the type of person who needed to socialize to feel balanced, and while her team, the Magpies, typically offered that outlet by nature, and she always enjoyed hanging out with them, the witch had gotten the urge to spend time with someone who wasn't a Regan, and who wasn't on the Magpies.

Usually she might've owled Jeremy or another one of her friends from school, or even dropped in on Harvey to see if he wanted to do something, but she felt like she'd been bothering the two men more than usual, and wanted to do something different. It hadn't taken Casey long though to think of Camm. They'd met a few years ago at one of the Regan family events, and kept in touch since then, but she felt like she hadn't properly caught up with him in ages.

Writing the letter had been easy, but when she'd gotten to the point of what she wanted to propose they do, she'd initially come up with nothing, and then she'd realized that doing nothing was technically doing something. So she'd proposed a night of doing anything that didn't involve any real adult responsibilities, and decided they'd figure out what that meant as they went.

Once she'd gotten Camm's reply, she'd set about getting a variety of drinks, both alcoholic and non, and a little of just about every snack she could think of, throwing in a veggie tray at the last minute since she'd been cheating on her diet lately and wasn't sure what Camm would prefer. They probably wouldn't use it all, but she figured they could split it and he could take some back to Ariana, too, she reasoned. She'd briefly wondered if it was weird of her to not invite Ariana, or Harvey for that matter, and decided that was dumb. She and Camm were and had been friends before either of them had been seeing anyone, and she was determined that they would still be friends without it getting weird.

As she heard her guest arrive, the blonde took one last look around the apartment she'd force herself to clean, and grabbed a sweater that she'd missed earlier, and tossed it over the back of one of the chairs in her living room. She was pretty it belonged to Harvey, but she wasn't sure she wanted to give it back at present.

The witch crossed the small space easily and flung the door open with enthusiasm, grinning at the wizard on the other side "Camm! I'm so glad you made it" she told him as she ushered him inside, frowning slightly when she saw just how pale he was, but decided not to ask, if he needed something he'd tell her. Instead she raised her eyebrows at the large rucksack on his back "You've got my curiosity peaked" Casey admitted as she tried to figure out what was in the bag, but didn't want to bombard her guest with too many questions.

She gestured behind herself to the rest of the flat as she stepped back to let him into the space properly "I've got a little of everything, so can I get you something to drink?" She offered "I've got beer, liquor, butterbeer, water..." she rattled off helpfully as she waited "Otherwise make yourself comfortable, and let me know if I can help with whatever it is you've got in the bag?"

132 Posts 21 Heterosexual He/him played by Taylor
Re: [cork] do nothing | casey
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 11:43:47 PM »
A few deep breaths later Camm felt good enough to flash a quick thumbs up at Casey and let himself into the house at her beckoning. He wasn't sure he'd remember, but maybe he could put it on a list somewhere that the day he stopped feeling ill every time he apparated would be the day he finally felt like a proper adult.

"Ah, could do with a beer, thanks." He nodded, and started busying himself with clearing out a space. He felt awkward. Not as much as, say, seeing your ex-girlfriend on the streets with a new boyfriend awkward, but more of a schoolboy awkward. If he had come over unprepared he probably would have just stood by the door, not knowing what to do with himself (overthinking about whether he should've given her a hug, like he was doing right now). Thing was, Casey was definitely one of his oldest friends, but he had never been invited to her home before, not like this– they had always met up somewhere to catch up over a pub meal or a drink.

Her house was tidy, of course, but there were little clues here and there that betrayed that Casey was not alone here, at least not all the time. It was just... weird. He still had trouble catching up to the idea that they were all starting to lead separate, individual, lives from when they were in school. It felt like he was almost getting to know Casey all over again, Casey the professional Quidditch player, Casey the fully realised adult with her own life, friends, and relationship, outside of the collective Hufflepuff-ness of their shared past. So, weird, but in a good, he just needs to get used to this, way.

Camm pushed the odd moment of sentimentality aside and grinned up at Casey, "Well, it took some wrangling, but I managed to get a favour in from my dad. Look at this," he said, pulling out the tv and console as carefully as he could without tugging on the conjoining wires too much. "Muggle video games! Neat, ay? I had Ari work some magic," he chuckled to himself there, "and I think this should turn on ok in here no problem. Provided you haven't got any fancy wards up around this place, and there's a socket or something around I can plug this into."

Camm's apartment didn't have much extra protection, or protection at all really, and that's only because he figured no one would want to nick his shit anyway. But maybe Casey had assets she wanted to protect now, he didn't want to assume.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal