Author Topic:  You light my fire like a cigarette  (Read 114 times)

75 Posts Twenty-two Heterosexual He/Him played by Juliet
  • She's a silver lining climbing on my desire
  • trophy closet
  • Pureblood Character Working Class Family Member Participated at the Academy Athena July/August 2000
You light my fire like a cigarette
« on: April 05, 2024, 01:00:35 PM »
September 2005

The hardest thing about being in a relationship is planning special occasions. Such as a birthday - which Ian had been racking his brain on for weeks since Hyacinth went back to Hogwarts. It was strange to be dating again, especially when he thought after losing Ivy it wasn’t ever going to happen. Ian had figured fate meant for him to be an hermit for the remainder of his life. There was too much pain to go through it all over again. Then when he wasn’t paying attention, Hyacinth Reed was put in his life and became a ray of sunshine. It was unexpected, and Ian didn't even realize he was asking her if she had a date to the wedding until the words already came out of his mouth.

Unable to stop thinking about her, Ian asked her to go steady and kissed her at the wedding. There was more he wanted to do but was uncalled for. She was young, still a student at Hogwarts. His sexual needs didn’t matter. Only she mattered. It was all Ian could think about was how to make things special for her. How to show her how a woman should be treated. Although he couldn't provide for her like a proper gentleman should do with their lady. Hopefully when she found out just. how poor he was she wouldn't care. Basil never did and even was kind enough to have bought the suit for Ian during the wedding. It was why he held back when he kissed her for the first time. Ignoring the desire to take her against the wall right there and then. As much as he wanted to he couldn't do that to the younger woman. Hy deserved much more than being treated like she was just another conquest.

Waving his wand at the magical blue globe in front of him, Ian smiled as it opened up and the night sky engulfed the area in a five foot radius. It was as if the stars had been brought down to him. He could reach out and touch Orions Belt or spin Saturn around. “It’s perfect.” With a flick of his wand the stars went back into the globe. Place the globe in a bag full of various plants ranging from magical to non-magical. Carefully slinging the bag over his shoulders, Ian made some final touches to the clearing he was standing in. Hogsmeade wasn’t far and the crisp cool autumn air meant it was a good day for a walk.

Having arranged in a letter to Hyacinth to meet him at The Magic Neep. Ian knew the Teasdale very well and often brought seeds from different magical plants for them to sell.  The current Teasdale to run the shop, Hugo, was a quiet and good man who kept to himself. Ian had already told Hugo of his plans, so the shopkeeper wouldn’t try to talk shop or ask Ian to acquire items. Arriving at The Magic Neep ten minutes early, Ian sat on the stone wall right at the entrance of the shop. Brushing off some dirt from his khaki trousers, Ian adjusted the leather jacket around his green shirt and waited for his girlfriend to arrive.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:01:32 PM by Juliet »

42 Posts Seventeen Hopeless Romantic She/Her played by Dylan
  • Choosing to be tender and kind in a harsh environment is not weakness, it's courage.
  • trophy closet
  • This character went to the ISS in July/August 2005 Lucky Horseshoes Rich Family Member Influential Family Member Pureblood Character Hufflepuff Quidditch Captain & Co-Captain
Re: You light my fire like a cigarette
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 02:27:01 AM »
Hyacinth was very excited about today. Her birthday had been on Tuesday, but it was the weekend after–the 24th–and she was excited to be meeting with Ian, her boyfriend. It still felt incredibly surreal to be going steady with someone, especially someone who had already left school. It was not weird because of the age gap, they weren’t far off in age, but because she was in school and he wasn’t around where she was all the time. She missed him a lot, and wanted to be around him all the time. Unfortunately, he couldn’t always be there. He had a grownup job. She was eager to please him, though, excited, and happy.

Now officially eighteen, she felt like a true adult. She was getting a little old for the kids drama around school and instead really wanted something solid and stable. While she was enjoying her ballet classes in Hogsmeade on the weekends, knowing she was going to play the White Swan for the premier this year, she would rather have the time to spend with Ian. She had told her instructor she would not be there today, and instead went to meet Ian at The Magic Neep. She was nervous. He remembered her birthday, but she hoped he hadn’t changed his mind about dating her. She would be devastated if he did.

She smiled when she saw him in the distance, jogging to get to him faster. “Hey.” She grinned, reaching out to touch his hand. “I missed you.” She offered, leaning in for a hug. “I really was excited to see you, Ian.” He confessed with a smile and a blush. “Did you miss me?” She wondered, hoping he said yes.

“What do you want to do today?” She wondered, unsure if he had something up his sleeve or not.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal