Author Topic:  you terrible thing, oh, you beautiful thing · graham  (Read 154 times)

10 Posts Twenty Homodemisexual He/him played by
lwineah
  • Will the man become the monster or the monster become man?
  • trophy closet
  • Dylan's admin badge This character was bitten by a werewolf Happy pride! Muggleborn Character
you terrible thing, oh, you beautiful thing · graham
« on: October 31, 2023, 08:15:14 PM »
July 2005
Highlands, Scotland
@Graham Kerr

As the full moon disappeared and was once again replaced with the sun, Alexey enjoyed the first rays of dawn that painted the skies a gentle pink before he shifted back, and even after. He always liked for his mornings after the change to be filled with things that relaxed him and soothed him. He tended to still be a little irritable, but despite the physical exertion of the past night and a few smaller bruises, Alexey felt invigorated. The transformation was always painful, but in some capacity he had gotten used to it after so many years, and hardly screamed and wailed like he used to.

Today was a little different, because he needed to leave the comfort of his home and buy some supplies. Alexey found the process of cultivating plants, herbs and creating healing salves and potions a calming activity after the night of full moon, but found he was lacking some ingredients. Stepping into the busy streets of a close-by city, Alexey drew his arms closer to his body, feeling a bit overstimulated having to be around so many people so fresh out of his wolf coat. His senses were also sharper than was the norm, so that only added up to everything.

His main intention was to replenish his stock of the rare herbs that he couldn't grow on his property, and buy some more phials he could put some of the salves and concoctions into. The marketplace was brimming with activity to his surprise, and he could smell the tantalizing aroma of freshly made food filling the air.

Moving between stalls and disappearing inside a few shops, he managed to buy almost everything he needed when a peculiar scent caught his attention. He immediately wrinkled his nose, pushing back the urge to gag at the stench. Merlin, who is that? He knew it had to be another werewolf, there was the distinct smell of the animal beneath the horrible odour. Sniffing the air a little he could pick up something that resembled fatigue and a very bad health—mental or physical, he wasn't sure, maybe both, the two tended to manifest the same. On top of that he could pick up the wolf beneath it clearly in distress and just overall bad state, its presence weak and subdued.

Alexey's wolf was strong and healthy, on the other hand, and it was something once could figure out from scent alone. The animal's presence was bold and close, which allowed Alexey to use his condition to his advantage.

He's so sickly. He thought once he could pick him out from the crowd, frowning a little, concerned.

As he got closer to the person, however, he realised another thing. It was hard to pick up over the layers of negative emotions and quite honestly huge S.O.S. signs seeping through the man's scent, but he knew him. He didn't know his name, but Alexey had always had an amazing memory for individual scents, and he would recognize this one anywhere. It was the werewolf he had met during the war, the one who had actually treated him so well, compared to everyone else. What happened to him? He wondered.

Alexey's heart immediately went out to him, also picking up in excitement at having the chance to meet him again. He couldn’t help but think that this was a terrible condition to live in and he wanted to help. Alexey noticed he seemed to be stocking up on potions, and he guessed they were of healing nature, and upon another sniff, he was close enough now to pick up some coppery smell. Blood. Not fresh, but still.

Alexey cleared his throat softly. "Are you alright? I can smell blood." Alexey took a step closer, green eyes fixed on the other. "Your wolf is suffering," he murmured, voice soft. He was using a gentle tone of voice on purpose, a little like one would approach a wounded animal, because, well, this was a similar situation.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 08:16:51 PM by lwineah »
I can be your cure, I'm givin' if you're askin', tell me you want more, I'll bring you from the ashes

Trust my love, let me inside of your walls, trust my love, will keep you safe from the wolves, my wooo

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal