Author Topic:  Free & Taken Canon Characters  (Read 36587 times)

Elena
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 01:25:23 PM »
('Louise link' dateline='1557093501')
Hi!

I'd like permission to use the Selwyn family line please :)

I'm working on a Death Eater character where it will be an important part of his plot that he is heir to an old Pureblood line ("Sacred 28", previously wealthy and influential) that has fallen into disrepute and poverty.

I believe the Selwyn family would be a suitable fit because Canon implies they were once a great family (though evidently not very significant in recent history) but is sufficiently vague enough for me to build an original background and plot without contradicting anything.

My character will be mid to late 20's and his father would be the Death Eater known as Selwyn, although through his mother he would end up residing in Germany and attending Beauxbatons school and wouldn't return to the UK until his father recruited kidnapped him during the Second Wizarding War and had him join the Dark Lord's followers.?á He would escape persecution for his actions during the war by being able to provide evidence that he was forced by his father.?á However he would secretly harbour true loyalty to the cause, wanting to restore the Selwyn family wealth and influence which he would see as his birthright.?á Then he would have been lying low in the UK over the last few years, waiting for an opportunity he'd been promised by his father - hopefully slotting nicely into the developing DE plots.

This is just a brief summary of my ideas :) hoping for permission to use Selwyn to help build this background

Cheers!

[lena] <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25286' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Louise[/url] Approved! Please make a sheet~[/lena]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:34:07 AM by Olivia »

384 Posts 25 they/them PST (GMT-8)
  • causing problems on purpose, chase your bliss, "guest user has joined the conversation"
  • trophy closet
  • This member successfully logged into the new site after the move! Post of the Month Winner a garden gnome's life isn't easy "Roderick apologist" -- Fosse's 2019-2020 FPP Sapphire 1 Award "Paging Dr. Liv!" (Olivia's "Goodbye to Gringotts" prize) "cross the river" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Amethyst 2 Award Oof ouch ballet "take my lion heart" -- Fosse's 2019-2020 FPP Sapphire 2 Award; design and animation by vee "creature of the night" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Amethyst 1 Award "clockdown" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Sapphire 2 Award Fighting Evil by Moonlight (Taylor's "Goodbye to Gringotts" prize) Happy 20th MHiversary! This member reached Sapphire level in the FPP before the reset on July 15, 2020! This character or driver completed the Caterpillar Challenge during the 2020 Anniversary celebrations!
Re: Free & Taken Canon Characters
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
hello! I'd like to apply for a connection to a canon family, specifically the Macnair family.

My work-in-progress, Roderick, is designed to reflect an archetype straight from the American news - a dissatisfied young man from a privileged social background and poor economic background, drawn to bigotry as an easy excuse for his lot in life. It is imperative to me that Roderick be from a working class, pureblood background. It was made clear in canon that pureblood supremacist ideas are passed along family lines - therefore, Roderick would likely have had a Death Eater in his close family. And Wizarding Britain isn't that big, so I began looking at existing Death Eaters.

But why the Macnairs, Fosse?

The last we heard from Walden Macnair, Executioner at the Ministry and Death Eater, in canon was him being thrown into a wall by Hagrid. JK told us very little about the man other than his loyalties (dark) and his hobbies (killing). These few appearances were enough to catch my eye when thinking of a Death Eater connection for my character. Walden's line of work is gruesome, which probably means it's a job undervalued by society like custodial staff and construction workers. Macnair was a known Death Eater family by the end of the First Wizarding War, so a shadow is already cast across anyone with the last name. That name shame contributes to Roderick's fall to the dark side.

Walden's presence in Roderick's life is limited by current playtime, as I imagine he is either dead or in Azkaban (please let me know if there is site canon surrounding this). I am currently planning for Roderick to be Walden's nephew.

Please let me know if you need any further information! http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia informed me I did not need an RP sample, but I am more than happy to write one if you feel it's needed.

Thank you for your consideration!

we meet again
i've  m i s s e d  you

2352 Posts
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 04:21:55 AM »
('Fosse link' dateline='1561166945')
hello! I'd like to apply for a connection to a canon family, specifically the <span style='color:green'>Macnair</span> family.

My work-in-progress, Roderick, is designed to reflect an archetype straight from the American news - a dissatisfied young man from a privileged social background and poor economic background, drawn to bigotry as an easy excuse for his lot in life. It is imperative to me that Roderick be from a working class, pureblood background. It was made clear in canon that pureblood supremacist ideas are passed along family lines - therefore, Roderick would likely have had a Death Eater in his close family. And Wizarding Britain isn't that big, so I began looking at existing Death Eaters.

But why the Macnairs, Fosse?

The last we heard from <span style='color:green'>Walden Macnair</span>, Executioner at the Ministry and Death Eater, in canon was him being thrown into a wall by Hagrid. JK told us very little about the man other than his loyalties (dark) and his hobbies (killing). These few appearances were enough to catch my eye when thinking of a Death Eater connection for my character. Walden's line of work is gruesome, which probably means it's a job undervalued by society like custodial staff and construction workers. Macnair was a known Death Eater family by the end of the First Wizarding War, so a shadow is already cast across anyone with the last name. That name shame contributes to Roderick's fall to the dark side.

Walden's presence in Roderick's life is limited by current playtime, as I imagine he is either dead or in Azkaban (please let me know if there is site canon surrounding this). I am currently planning for Roderick to be Walden's nephew.

Please let me know if you need any further information! <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia[/url] informed me I did not need an RP sample, but I am more than happy to write one if you feel it's needed.

Thank you for your consideration!

<a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25663' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Fosse[/url] please make a sheet!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:32:29 AM by Olivia »

get in loser

3569 Posts 33 she/her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »
('Taylor link' dateline='1566536108')
hello hello

can i revisit Su Li (canon-plus) please ?

<a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23693' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Taylor[/url] approved!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:32:50 AM by Olivia »
|| pinterest | threadlist | Anni 2017 . gryff!pride ||

intermittently (and unpredictably) super busy - sorry!

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 04:47:41 PM »
('Laura link' dateline='1580007919')
hello
after much deliberation (and hounding from she who must not be named) i am applying for draco malfoy

a note: i would like to disregard cursed child "canon" for the most part, and have discussed this with <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia[/url] as to how it affects astoria. i have also mentioned that i would be applying to the trio (<a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25345' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Harry Potter[/url] <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25647' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Hermione Granger[/url] <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23701' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Emily[/url]).

<div align="right">1998</div>

Draco sat, back straight and head high, beside his mother as they awaited the verdict. Out of view, his hands balled into tight fists atop his thighs, his short nails cutting into the flesh of his palms. He knew this trial would determine, one way or another, the rest of his life.

One the one hand, he felt an odd, guilt-filled thrill at the prospect of his father being sentenced to Azkaban; he could become his own man, away from the watchful, judging eye of Lucius Malfoy -- a man who, by all accounts, had lost the respect of his peers and drawn only disgust from his enemies. On the other hand, he was still his father -- the man he had idolised for most of his life, whom he had wanted to impress and make proud until some point in his sixteenth year, where he had seen Lucius Malfoy for what he really was.

And then there was his mother. Narcissa Malfoy had played an instrumental role in the downfall of the Dark Lord, and for that she had already been given clemency along with her son. She had reassured Draco that his father would be acquitted too, that his generous donations to the Ministry and commitment to Hogwarts School as a Governor would set him in good stead -- Draco wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót stupid, and he thought maybe his mother was if she truly thought any of that would save her husband. More likely, she was just clinging to the hope that they could somehow put all of this behind them and go back to the way things had been before.

Before. Draco didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want before. Well, he wanted some of it. He wanted his friends back. Those who were in Death Eater families had kept away -- either through prudence (many were still awaiting their own trials) or through prejudice (who wanted to associate with the family that had switched sides before the battle had been truly lost?) -- and those who weren?óÔé¼Ôäót so obviously tainted but still sympathised looked upon him with no less disdain; Draco and his mother -- and Lucius -- had made their choice. They were no longer welcome at the tables they had once sat.

And what did that mean for his future? If his father was cleared, or not condemned at the very least, then the Malfoys would be treated with endless suspicion by the side they had turned to -- the side they didn?óÔé¼Ôäót truly belong with nor wish to -- and with contempt by the side they had abandoned. If he was sent to gaol, did Draco have a chance at redeeming himself, with one side or the other? We?óÔé¼Ôäóve paid our price, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm just like the rest of you.

The grand doors of the courtroom opened and Draco stood with his mother and the rest of the room. Kingsley Shacklebolt led ten or so witches and wizards in from where they had been deliberating. They took their seats, and Draco retook his, holding his breath.

approved, please make a sheet!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:35:04 AM by Olivia »

2352 Posts
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 10:05:19 PM »
hello
after much deliberation (and hounding from she who must not be named) i am applying for draco malfoy

a note: i would like to disregard cursed child "canon" for the most part, and have discussed this with http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia as to how it affects astoria. i have also mentioned that i would be applying to the trio (http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25345' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Harry Potter http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25647' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Hermione Granger http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23701' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Emily).

Draco sat, back straight and head high, beside his mother as they awaited the verdict. Out of view, his hands balled into tight fists atop his thighs, his short nails cutting into the flesh of his palms. He knew this trial would determine, one way or another, the rest of his life.

One the one hand, he felt an odd, guilt-filled thrill at the prospect of his father being sentenced to Azkaban; he could become his own man, away from the watchful, judging eye of Lucius Malfoy -- a man who, by all accounts, had lost the respect of his peers and drawn only disgust from his enemies. On the other hand, he was still his father -- the man he had idolised for most of his life, whom he had wanted to impress and make proud until some point in his sixteenth year, where he had seen Lucius Malfoy for what he really was.

And then there was his mother. Narcissa Malfoy had played an instrumental role in the downfall of the Dark Lord, and for that she had already been given clemency along with her son. She had reassured Draco that his father would be acquitted too, that his generous donations to the Ministry and commitment to Hogwarts School as a Governor would set him in good stead -- Draco wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót stupid, and he thought maybe his mother was if she truly thought any of that would save her husband. More likely, she was just clinging to the hope that they could somehow put all of this behind them and go back to the way things had been before.

Before. Draco didn?óÔé¼Ôäót want before. Well, he wanted some of it. He wanted his friends back. Those who were in Death Eater families had kept away -- either through prudence (many were still awaiting their own trials) or through prejudice (who wanted to associate with the family that had switched sides before the battle had been truly lost?) -- and those who weren?óÔé¼Ôäót so obviously tainted but still sympathised looked upon him with no less disdain; Draco and his mother -- and Lucius -- had made their choice. They were no longer welcome at the tables they had once sat.

And what did that mean for his future? If his father was cleared, or not condemned at the very least, then the Malfoys would be treated with endless suspicion by the side they had turned to -- the side they didn?óÔé¼Ôäót truly belong with nor wish to -- and with contempt by the side they had abandoned. If he was sent to gaol, did Draco have a chance at redeeming himself, with one side or the other? We?óÔé¼Ôäóve paid our price, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm just like the rest of you.

The grand doors of the courtroom opened and Draco stood with his mother and the rest of the room. Kingsley Shacklebolt led ten or so witches and wizards in from where they had been deliberating. They took their seats, and Draco retook his, holding his breath.

get in loser

lee
1082 Posts
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2020, 02:41:13 AM »
hello hello
i would like to apply for michael corner, if the minor character w no bearing on major plot events niche ain't broke......
have discussed with http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25573' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Ginny Weasley for ex-girlfriend reasons, have put much much much thought into it
ty for ur consideration, cheers

---------
sample:

His back hurt, like he?óÔé¼Ôäód slept on it funny; as Michael was spooning ground coffee into a filter, humming tunelessly around his toothbrush, he twisted his entire torso to the left, then to the right. He was too young for chronic back pain -- only twenty-three, barely an adult -- but there were plenty of other things he thought he was too young for. Caffeine addiction, for instance -- he went through more coffee in a week than his mother did in a month, he?óÔé¼Ôäód done the math once. He put the filter in place and poked the coffeemaker with his wand; it started to gurgle faintly. He cracked his neck; now his neck hurt, too.

His mother spent more on coffee than he did, at least. He was winning at something.

"Ick hey,?óÔé¼?Ø he said, awkwardly around his toothbrush; he took it out to enunciate, ?óÔé¼?ôPick up the pace. It?óÔé¼Ôäós almost three-thirty.?óÔé¼?Ø The coffeemaker wheezed out some steam and a bit of hot water, but no coffee; Michael rolled his eyes and got his wand out, in case prodding it arbitrarily would do him any good. It didn?óÔé¼Ôäót. He left it alone for two minutes in case it just couldn't go while he was watching, spat out his toothpaste and rinsed, but it was still sitting stubbornly and immobile when he returned. ?óÔé¼?ôI should just buy a French press,?óÔé¼?Ø he threatened, as a last resort. That got a response -- the coffeemaker spat out a dollop of coffee, almost petulantly.

It was wholly unappealing, sort of like sludgy, caffeinated mud, and so hot that he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót pick up the mug without a potholder; he had a seat, legs stretched out under the table, and took an experimental sip. It scalded past his lips and over his tongue and scorched down his throat; he coughed and set the mug down to wait for a few minutes.

Michael wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót actually going to buy a French press. His coffeemaker was a piece of junk but it?óÔé¼Ôäód cost two galleons, his mother thought it was an eyesore, and it was the most interesting thing he owned -- he felt obligated to love it. He?óÔé¼Ôäód probably sell his soul before his coffeemaker. Who could blame it, if it was awful at the one thing it was expected to do? This coffeemaker hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót asked to be created.

He sure didn?óÔé¼Ôäót keep it for the coffee. If he wanted to drink good coffee he?óÔé¼Ôäód go to a shop.

He took another sip, out of pure curiosity -- either it was more palatable now, or he?óÔé¼Ôäód numbed his entire oesophagus with the first drink -- and tilted into a stretch, let the back of the chair dig up under his shoulder blades. His kitchen in the morning was always a morbidly miserable experience -- the tiles felt at once grimy and gritty, even though he cleaned often, and the light was both dim and too harsh -- but it was his kitchen, and his morbid misery, so he loved it. He was barely an adult, after all. He would grow to like his life eventually.

But for now, he would finish his coffee.

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »
('Nan link' dateline='1583822473')
hello hello
i would like to apply for michael corner, if the minor character w no bearing on major plot events niche ain't broke......
have discussed with <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25573' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Ginny Weasley[/url] for ex-girlfriend reasons, have put much much much thought into it
ty for ur consideration, cheers

---------
sample:

His back hurt, like he?óÔé¼Ôäód slept on it funny; as Michael was spooning ground coffee into a filter, humming tunelessly around his toothbrush, he twisted his entire torso to the left, then to the right. He was too young for chronic back pain -- only twenty-three, barely an adult -- but there were plenty of other things he thought he was too young for. Caffeine addiction, for instance -- he went through more coffee in a week than his mother did in a month, he?óÔé¼Ôäód done the math once. He put the filter in place and poked the coffeemaker with his wand; it started to gurgle faintly. He cracked his neck; now his neck hurt, too.

His mother spent more on coffee than he did, at least. He was winning at something.

"Ick hey,?óÔé¼?Ø he said, awkwardly around his toothbrush; he took it out to enunciate, ?óÔé¼?ôPick up the pace. It?óÔé¼Ôäós almost three-thirty.?óÔé¼?Ø The coffeemaker wheezed out some steam and a bit of hot water, but no coffee; Michael rolled his eyes and got his wand out, in case prodding it arbitrarily would do him any good. It didn?óÔé¼Ôäót. He left it alone for two minutes in case it just couldn't go while he was watching, spat out his toothpaste and rinsed, but it was still sitting stubbornly and immobile when he returned. ?óÔé¼?ôI should just buy a French press,?óÔé¼?Ø he threatened, as a last resort. That got a response -- the coffeemaker spat out a dollop of coffee, almost petulantly.

It was wholly unappealing, sort of like sludgy, caffeinated mud, and so hot that he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót pick up the mug without a potholder; he had a seat, legs stretched out under the table, and took an experimental sip. It scalded past his lips and over his tongue and scorched down his throat; he coughed and set the mug down to wait for a few minutes.

Michael wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót actually going to buy a French press. His coffeemaker was a piece of junk but it?óÔé¼Ôäód cost two galleons, his mother thought it was an eyesore, and it was the most interesting thing he owned -- he felt obligated to love it. He?óÔé¼Ôäód probably sell his soul before his coffeemaker. Who could blame it, if it was awful at the one thing it was expected to do? This coffeemaker hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót asked to be created.

He sure didn?óÔé¼Ôäót keep it for the coffee. If he wanted to drink good coffee he?óÔé¼Ôäód go to a shop.

He took another sip, out of pure curiosity -- either it was more palatable now, or he?óÔé¼Ôäód numbed his entire oesophagus with the first drink -- and tilted into a stretch, let the back of the chair dig up under his shoulder blades. His kitchen in the morning was always a morbidly miserable experience -- the tiles felt at once grimy and gritty, even though he cleaned often, and the light was both dim and too harsh -- but it was his kitchen, and his morbid misery, so he loved it. He was barely an adult, after all. He would grow to like his life eventually.

But for now, he would finish his coffee.

<a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=24029' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Nan[/url] approved!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:35:44 AM by Olivia »

1574 Posts Thirty-two He/Him EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 11:23:13 PM »
('Samm link' dateline='1590088968')
Hello I would like to apply to create Mavis Grant, <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25738' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Michael Corner[/url] 's half sister. I have spoken with <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=24029' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Lianne[/url] about it <3333

approved! please make a sheet! <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23710' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Samm[/url]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:36:07 AM by Olivia »

2352 Posts
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 11:38:57 PM »
hi as discussed with http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia i am releasing my claim on draco malfoy thank you

get in loser

384 Posts 25 they/them PST (GMT-8)
  • causing problems on purpose, chase your bliss, "guest user has joined the conversation"
  • trophy closet
  • This member successfully logged into the new site after the move! Post of the Month Winner a garden gnome's life isn't easy "Roderick apologist" -- Fosse's 2019-2020 FPP Sapphire 1 Award "Paging Dr. Liv!" (Olivia's "Goodbye to Gringotts" prize) "cross the river" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Amethyst 2 Award Oof ouch ballet "take my lion heart" -- Fosse's 2019-2020 FPP Sapphire 2 Award; design and animation by vee "creature of the night" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Amethyst 1 Award "clockdown" -- Vee's 2019-2020 FPP Sapphire 2 Award Fighting Evil by Moonlight (Taylor's "Goodbye to Gringotts" prize) Happy 20th MHiversary! This member reached Sapphire level in the FPP before the reset on July 15, 2020! This character or driver completed the Caterpillar Challenge during the 2020 Anniversary celebrations!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
we return, once again, to the minor/mentioned canon niche
applying for Anthony Goldstein, to no ones surprise
have discussed primarily with http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25738' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Michael Corner for Ravenclaw boys reasons, some with http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23701' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Emily for Zach reasons, and http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23692' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Christine for Hermione reasons, with more discussions with canon character drivers to come.

as one of the few things we know about Anthony comes from the 2014 tweet by Joanne with the text "Anthony Goldstein, Ravenclaw, Jewish Wizard," I've take the liberty of adding pieces of that background to the sample. It can be secularized/generalized if needed.

cheers

When was the last time there had been a party for Anthony Goldstein?

1993, his bar mitzvah. It was over the summer, had to be, he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót come home over the weekends during the school?á year. Terry and Michael and a few of their other yearmates had come, but it had mostly been a family and family friends sort of event. He had invited Granger, too, but she hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót been able to make it, something about recovering from petrification.?á

From then on, he was an adult, and adults don?óÔé¼Ôäót do more than a nice dinner with their families on their birthday, or maybe shots of firewhiskey with their friends in a swanky London club after surviving a secret war. Not parties.

This, however, was certainly a capital P Party party. His mother had insisted on inviting everyone from the small wizarding synagogue, plus their children*, plus the American Goldsteins, and then some of Tatti?óÔé¼Ôäós work friends, and then finally he had been allowed to edit the guest list himself.

Michael was invited, of course, and Terry, and most of the living members of the Ravenclaw DA. An invite had gone to some choice others - Zacharias Smith, Granger - and a few friends from the program and his internship. All told, maybe a couple dozen of Anthony?óÔé¼Ôäós people had shown up.

There was a clear divide between the older and younger folks here. Anthony could imagine neon signs directing people to each group: Dumbledore?óÔé¼Ôäós Child Soldiers over on the north end, Everyone Else on the south side. House elves scurried between the two, offering plates of mock shrimp cocktails and other assorted treats to anyone looking downward.

In this corner, with his actual friends, there was an argument about the Ministry intramural Quidditch league going on that Anthony was only half listening to. Pulling at the collar of his robes - it was sweltering in here - he glanced over at his parents. Mother had gained back the weight she lost in Azkaban, thank God, and was gleefully gossiping about something with Mrs. Smith.

His mother had told him once about her older brother?óÔé¼Ôäós bar mitzvah, how it had been a party for all these European refugees more than it had been for her brother at all. ?óÔé¼?ôThey were not celebrating your uncle, not really,?óÔé¼?Ø she had said. ?óÔé¼?ôThey were celebrating being alive and having children at all.?óÔé¼?Ø

Looking around the banquet hall, it was becoming clear this party wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót about him becoming Solicitor Goldstein. Most people were ignoring his presence entirely. This spectacle was for his mother and father. It was an excuse to say, look, we did it, our family survived another war. The epitome of ?óÔé¼?ôthey tried to kill us, we won, let?óÔé¼Ôäós eat.?óÔé¼?Ø

Some small paranoid voice in the back of his head wondered how many more genocides this family would witness. Anthony told the voice shut it, we?óÔé¼Ôäóre having a party, and took another shot of whiskey.

we meet again
i've  m i s s e d  you

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2020, 03:58:29 PM »
('Fosse link' dateline='1587853872')
we return, once again, to the minor/mentioned canon niche
applying for Anthony Goldstein, to no ones surprise
have discussed primarily with <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25738' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Michael Corner[/url] for Ravenclaw boys reasons, some with <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23701' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Emily[/url] for Zach reasons, and <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23692' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Christine[/url] for Hermione reasons, with more discussions with canon character drivers to come.

as one of the few things we know about Anthony comes from the 2014 tweet by Joanne with the text "Anthony Goldstein, Ravenclaw, Jewish Wizard," I've take the liberty of adding pieces of that background to the sample. It can be secularized/generalized if needed.

cheers

When was the last time there had been a party for Anthony Goldstein?

1993, his bar mitzvah. It was over the summer, had to be, he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót come home over the weekends during the school?á year. Terry and Michael and a few of their other yearmates had come, but it had mostly been a family and family friends sort of event. He had invited Granger, too, but she hadn?óÔé¼Ôäót been able to make it, something about recovering from petrification.?á

From then on, he was an adult, and adults don?óÔé¼Ôäót do more than a nice dinner with their families on their birthday, or maybe shots of firewhiskey with their friends in a swanky London club after surviving a secret war. Not parties.

This, however, was certainly a capital P Party party. His mother had insisted on inviting everyone from the small wizarding synagogue, plus their children*, plus the American Goldsteins, and then some of Tatti?óÔé¼Ôäós work friends, and then finally he had been allowed to edit the guest list himself.

Michael was invited, of course, and Terry, and most of the living members of the Ravenclaw DA. An invite had gone to some choice others - Zacharias Smith, Granger - and a few friends from the program and his internship. All told, maybe a couple dozen of Anthony?óÔé¼Ôäós people had shown up.

There was a clear divide between the older and younger folks here. Anthony could imagine neon signs directing people to each group: Dumbledore?óÔé¼Ôäós Child Soldiers over on the north end, Everyone Else on the south side. House elves scurried between the two, offering plates of mock shrimp cocktails and other assorted treats to anyone looking downward.

In this corner, with his actual friends, there was an argument about the Ministry intramural Quidditch league going on that Anthony was only half listening to. Pulling at the collar of his robes - it was sweltering in here - he glanced over at his parents. Mother had gained back the weight she lost in Azkaban, thank God, and was gleefully gossiping about something with Mrs. Smith.

His mother had told him once about her older brother?óÔé¼Ôäós bar mitzvah, how it had been a party for all these European refugees more than it had been for her brother at all. ?óÔé¼?ôThey were not celebrating your uncle, not really,?óÔé¼?Ø she had said. ?óÔé¼?ôThey were celebrating being alive and having children at all.?óÔé¼?Ø

Looking around the banquet hall, it was becoming clear this party wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót about him becoming Solicitor Goldstein. Most people were ignoring his presence entirely. This spectacle was for his mother and father. It was an excuse to say, look, we did it, our family survived another war. The epitome of ?óÔé¼?ôthey tried to kill us, we won, let?óÔé¼Ôäós eat.?óÔé¼?Ø

Some small paranoid voice in the back of his head wondered how many more genocides this family would witness. Anthony told the voice shut it, we?óÔé¼Ôäóre having a party, and took another shot of whiskey.

approved! Please make a sheet <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=25663' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Fosse[/url]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:36:46 AM by Olivia »

132 Posts
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 07:41:14 PM »
Hiya,

after discussing things with http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia and http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23692' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Christine I'm going to try my hand at this guy again <<

Further discussions with other canon folks also welcomed!

Thanks for reading <3

Anyway, here's wonderwall Draco:

Draco sighed softly as he stared at himself in the mirror for what was probably the tenth time that morning. His hair was impeccable, along with the dark robes with the British Ministry of Magic crest embroidered on the chest in a golden bronze thread. He resisted the urge to rub his face or run his hands through his hair again. He was fidgety this morning and had had to re-do his hair a few times after he?óÔé¼Ôäód not caught himself in time.?á

Instead the wizard deliberately turned away from the mirror, not wanting the company of his own reflection and toward the brunette who was sitting on the chaise lounge in the middle of the room. He offered her a wane smile and gestured at himself with upturned palms ?óÔé¼?ôWell, Ria?óÔé¼?ªhow do I look??óÔé¼?Ø He asked her the question knowing full well that he looked fine, but Astoria?óÔé¼Ôäós opinion of him mattered all the same. He wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót leave for the Ministry without her approval, as long as it wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót going to make him late.

He smiled widely at her response, a genuine reaction and squeezed her hands gently but gratefully as she approached him. He laughed softly at himself then, as he looked down at his fianc?â?®e ?óÔé¼?ôI don?óÔé¼Ôäót think I was even this nervous to start at school?óÔé¼?Ø he told her conspiratorially, as he dropped a hand to gently run a thumb along her cheek affectionately. He didn?óÔé¼Ôäót say anything for a moment, content to touch and look at the witch in front of him. The door to the room was open, and he had no ill intentions, but at the moment, someone could have rebuked them and he would have wholly ignored the reprimand.

He stepped back then still holding one of her hands in his and queried her again ?óÔé¼?ôCufflinks or no cufflinks??óÔé¼?Ø His robe more or less obscured what he was wearing underneath and they?óÔé¼Ôäód gone over his outfit multiple times but it had to be exactly right. He was seeing Hermione Granger, and likely a handful of other old schoolmates for the first time in at least a few months if not years. And, even though the connotation associated with Draco Malfoy, or even the Malfoy name had changed dramatically since then, he?óÔé¼Ôäód be damned if he wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót show up looking his best. His mother had raised him to do just as much, if not more.

Frowning slightly, Draco pulled the watch from his pocket and checked the time. It was almost time for him to go. The blonde sighed again and his frown deepened, giving away his inner turmoil. He looked at Astoria again, his expression soft but serious ?óÔé¼?ôThis is the right decision, isn?óÔé¼Ôäót it??óÔé¼?Ø He hated to fret. He was typically good at making decisions, taking action, but the rolling in his stomach made his mind waver each time he felt a new wave of nausea.

When he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót wait any longer, the wizard looked to Astoria for one more approving nod, kissed her cheek, and made himself move away from her and step towards the fireplace grabbing some floo powder as he went. He steeled himself and threw the powder into the grate, watching as it flared to life full of the familiar emerald green flames. Draco turned and shot Astoria a wink before stepping into the flames and calling out ?óÔé¼?ôMinistry of Magic.?óÔé¼?Ø He was Draco Malfoy, and it was his first day at the Ministry of Magic.?á

- - - -

The wizard stepped out of the floo and found himself in the atrium of the British Ministry, and he had to fight the onslaught of emotions and memories that came hurtling at him before they threatened to overwhelm him, tucking them away for a more private moment. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, inhaled and exhaled, and rolled his neck before turning his gaze towards the mass of bushy brown hair that he could see floating in his peripheral vision.

?óÔé¼?ôHello?óÔé¼?ª?óÔé¼?Ø he greeted the witch carefully as he thought about his next words ?óÔé¼?ôHermione?óÔé¼?ª?óÔé¼?Ø he finished a moment later, the word feeling strange on his tongue. His tone was polite, polished, but cautious. He cleared his throat before he went on ?óÔé¼?ôI hear you?óÔé¼Ôäóre to escort me to my first appointments of the day??óÔé¼?Ø He had been told he would have to go through extensive meetings with HR and loads of other bureaucratic red tape and that Hermione would be ?óÔé¼?£minding?óÔé¼Ôäó him from today on. Draco blinked at his old schoolmate, half wondering if she was going to say something or hit him again. Though this time, he would at least admit he probably deserved it.

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2020, 07:17:26 PM »
('Michaela link' dateline='1592264474')
Hiya,

after discussing things with <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23698' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Olivia[/url] and <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23692' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Christine[/url] I'm going to try my hand at this guy again <<

Further discussions with other canon folks also welcomed!

Thanks for reading <3

Anyway, here's wonderwall Draco:

Draco sighed softly as he stared at himself in the mirror for what was probably the tenth time that morning. His hair was impeccable, along with the dark robes with the British Ministry of Magic crest embroidered on the chest in a golden bronze thread. He resisted the urge to rub his face or run his hands through his hair again. He was fidgety this morning and had had to re-do his hair a few times after he?óÔé¼Ôäód not caught himself in time.?á

Instead the wizard deliberately turned away from the mirror, not wanting the company of his own reflection and toward the brunette who was sitting on the chaise lounge in the middle of the room. He offered her a wane smile and gestured at himself with upturned palms ?óÔé¼?ôWell, Ria?óÔé¼?ªhow do I look??óÔé¼?Ø He asked her the question knowing full well that he looked fine, but Astoria?óÔé¼Ôäós opinion of him mattered all the same. He wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót leave for the Ministry without her approval, as long as it wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót going to make him late.

He smiled widely at her response, a genuine reaction and squeezed her hands gently but gratefully as she approached him. He laughed softly at himself then, as he looked down at his fianc?â?®e ?óÔé¼?ôI don?óÔé¼Ôäót think I was even this nervous to start at school?óÔé¼?Ø he told her conspiratorially, as he dropped a hand to gently run a thumb along her cheek affectionately. He didn?óÔé¼Ôäót say anything for a moment, content to touch and look at the witch in front of him. The door to the room was open, and he had no ill intentions, but at the moment, someone could have rebuked them and he would have wholly ignored the reprimand.

He stepped back then still holding one of her hands in his and queried her again ?óÔé¼?ôCufflinks or no cufflinks??óÔé¼?Ø His robe more or less obscured what he was wearing underneath and they?óÔé¼Ôäód gone over his outfit multiple times but it had to be exactly right. He was seeing Hermione Granger, and likely a handful of other old schoolmates for the first time in at least a few months if not years. And, even though the connotation associated with Draco Malfoy, or even the Malfoy name had changed dramatically since then, he?óÔé¼Ôäód be damned if he wouldn?óÔé¼Ôäót show up looking his best. His mother had raised him to do just as much, if not more.

Frowning slightly, Draco pulled the watch from his pocket and checked the time. It was almost time for him to go. The blonde sighed again and his frown deepened, giving away his inner turmoil. He looked at Astoria again, his expression soft but serious ?óÔé¼?ôThis is the right decision, isn?óÔé¼Ôäót it??óÔé¼?Ø He hated to fret. He was typically good at making decisions, taking action, but the rolling in his stomach made his mind waver each time he felt a new wave of nausea.

When he couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót wait any longer, the wizard looked to Astoria for one more approving nod, kissed her cheek, and made himself move away from her and step towards the fireplace grabbing some floo powder as he went. He steeled himself and threw the powder into the grate, watching as it flared to life full of the familiar emerald green flames. Draco turned and shot Astoria a wink before stepping into the flames and calling out ?óÔé¼?ôMinistry of Magic.?óÔé¼?Ø He was Draco Malfoy, and it was his first day at the Ministry of Magic.?á

- - - -

The wizard stepped out of the floo and found himself in the atrium of the British Ministry, and he had to fight the onslaught of emotions and memories that came hurtling at him before they threatened to overwhelm him, tucking them away for a more private moment. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, inhaled and exhaled, and rolled his neck before turning his gaze towards the mass of bushy brown hair that he could see floating in his peripheral vision.

?óÔé¼?ôHello?óÔé¼?ª?óÔé¼?Ø he greeted the witch carefully as he thought about his next words ?óÔé¼?ôHermione?óÔé¼?ª?óÔé¼?Ø he finished a moment later, the word feeling strange on his tongue. His tone was polite, polished, but cautious. He cleared his throat before he went on ?óÔé¼?ôI hear you?óÔé¼Ôäóre to escort me to my first appointments of the day??óÔé¼?Ø He had been told he would have to go through extensive meetings with HR and loads of other bureaucratic red tape and that Hermione would be ?óÔé¼?£minding?óÔé¼Ôäó him from today on. Draco blinked at his old schoolmate, half wondering if she was going to say something or hit him again. Though this time, he would at least admit he probably deserved it.

approved! please make a sheet! <a href='http://www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23716' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>@Michaela[/url]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:37:12 AM by Olivia »

322 Posts 32 She/Her EST (GMT-5)
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 12:43:35 PM »
Hello I'd like to apply for Stewart Ackerley. He was a mentioned character but was moved to minor. My Stewie, who I played for a while, is now an intern potioneer and researching cures for magical bugs and diseases. He's 20 per canon. ^^

Thank you.

Stewart raised his protective goggles from his face to sit on his head, feeling quite accomplished about the potion that he had just finished producing. It was in its fifteenth version, a way to reduce the scarring effect of Spattergroit. There were many ways to reduce the time one had spattergroit, but hardly anything with its aftereffects. The young man was assisting Edwin with the potion, mostly because it was his job to. His side project of reducing the overuse of cruciatus curse effects on someone was just that, a side project, at least until he got his own little research place of his own. He'd call it Ackerley's Medical Apothecary. Maybe he could sell some simple potions over-the-counter for colds and the like while staying busy behind the scenes doing wonderful research.

"Edwin," he called over, beckoning with his gloved hand, "come take a look, I think this one is promising from your recommended changes." The head of the group of potioneers wandered over and Stewart nervously stood still as he inspected it. There was a long silence of note observation, color observation, and swirling the potion delicately in the cauldron. A nod of approval meant this version was to go into the next phase of production, the trial stage. It was a good feeling for Stewart as he sighed a breath of relief when the man wandered away to check on a few of his other underlings.

If the former Ravenclaw could help produce this healing potion to the point of actually getting it into the hands of Healers, he'd be really happy about it. Sure there was the whole Potion Masters Guild that he was a part of, and if he did well on this potion it meant he was ready to sit for the Silver Cauldron exam and gain his own potioneer seal. Edwin was Platinum on the Guild scale, which was really amazing to work under. Stewarts goal was to reach Nimue, and how he'd do it, he was unsure.

The potioneer realigned his goggles to his face, ensuring his protective equipment was properly aligned before pouring the potion into several small vials where it'd some would be stored, and some would be introduced into testing in a bunch of modified lab flobberworms to figure out the effects. From there, they'd either go back to stage one, or continue onto stage three.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal