Camm was a sweet, kind and wonderful boy. He was also sensitive and introverted. While there was nothing wrong with that at all, she'd always been a bit worried about how he was getting on in school. Was he getting bullied? Was he falling behind in classes? In some ways, she felt closer to him than she did either of his older brothers. He needed to be taken care of and she was more than happy to help out. Her heart was big and she was ready to share out some love. She was single and she didn't have a pet so all of her affection was poured into her desserts by the bucket full.
Her honey coloured eyes were wide with interest as she nodded along, a proud smile lighting up her face. "That's awesome," she said, reaching across the table to squeeze his hand affectionately. She often forgot personal space. "I think I've got notes for everything," she said with a nod of her head. "I never throw anything away," she admitted with a sheepish smile. "Shall I owl them to you?" Maddie asked as she sipped her drink, keen to know what was the best way for Camm to attain her scribbled notes.
"Don't worry about it," she said fondly as she waved her hand dismissively. "Don't forget, if you're ever in Hogsmeade, you can come and see me," the tall witch added and she meant it. She had no issue with the fellow Hufflepuff stopping by. She made a mental note to attach some cupcakes to the parcel. "I miss Hogwarts," she said with a wistful sigh. "Growing up isn't that fun," she said with a grimace before cracking a grin.
Oh.
Madeline blinked, a frown creasing her pretty facial features. "I wasn't popular," she said gently. "And I turned out just fine," she added with an encouraging smile in Camm's direction. "Besides, being "popular," she scoffed, making air quotes with both sets of forefingers, "Isn't the be all and end all and besides," she said as she flipped her menu over once more. "I think you're lovely," she began with a warm smile in the younger boy's direction. "And if those losers can't see that, don't waste a second of your time worry. Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep," she stated gently.
Madeline nodded as she offered Camm a gentle smile. Logan didn't know how much his younger brother looked up to him and that annoyed her. "He's been a bit weird with me, too," she commented as she sighed heavily. "But with Christmas, he's bound to be busy. I've not seen or heard from him in months so I imagine he's got other stuff on." It hurt that Logan seemed to have ditched his brother and his ex-girlfriend. Who helped someone pick out their wedding dress and then piss off for months at a time? "Here's to being different," Maddie said abruptly, raising her cup and chinking it against Camm's merrily.
"No, it's love worn," she grinned as him. Her lithe pale fingers deftly fixed up the leather strap that was attached to the camera to make it sit a bit more securely. "Don't be silly," she said warmly as she shook her head, pale blonde curls bobbing cheerily as she did so. "I want you to have it," she insisted swiftly. "It's a great camera and you'll enjoy it more than I do. I don't want to see it sat on a desk like it has been for ages." He shouldn't be buying her anything. Anything at all. It wasn't really a gift. It was more of a practical replacement.
"I sort of split my time between here and Paris," she said with a smile as she sipped her hot chocolate, poking a floating marshmallow with an index finger. She laughed. "I work part time in both so it's not a bother coming here every other day. Cool," she said abruptly as she sat her cup down. She placed her elbows on the table, her chin resting in an upturned palm as she surveyed him closely. "Come and spend Christmas with me," she said eagerly. "Seriously," she said, her eyes sparkling suddenly. "I've got a spare bed, a fully stocked fridge, the works. I've got the entire week off so you won't be left alone and we can go sight seeing. You know, I've not really had chance since I moved there. We could go up the Eiffel Tower, too."
She paused. "I'll square everything with your dad first," Maddie replied, playing the responsible adult part. "I think it'll do you good to get away for a few days and see something different." Madeline had no plans for the big day. Her brother was working and her parents were on holiday. "I've got a cute next door neighbour?" The tall blonde girl grinned, trying to tempt Camm to come and stay with her. The girl's name was Marianne. She was brunette, petite and very pretty and she had a penchant for Jane Austen.
"Hi," she said brightly as a waitress wandered over. "Could I have the chicken burger and fries, please?" Maddie asked as she handed the menu back. "Ooh and two more hot chocolates and whatever my friend here would like." Letting him order, she really hoped she wasn't cramping his style. She wasn't exactly the coolest person in the world and she hoped his friends wouldn't make fun of him or anything. She'd noticed a few people glancing her way but that could be down to the fact that she smelt like cookies.