Erika snorted. She had a similar problem as Lulu; her height. She didn't often wear heels like her fashionable friend but when she did, she felt like King Kong. Her brother, Fenris, often called her Queen Kong which wasn't half as funny as he thought it was. The bastard. "Oh well that's nice," she said brightly, looping an arm around Lulu's shoulders and giving her an affectionate squeeze. She had to amid, she was a bit jealous of the brunette. Envious of the fact that she had those warm, fuzzy feelings a person gets when they develop a crush on someone.
The tall blonde laughed as she was bumped, staggering to the side a little before she managed to right herself. "Of course it won't be awkward," she told Lulu patiently, squeezing her again. "There will be looooads of people. So really, you're just inviting him to a party. The word "date" scares boys," she explained with a roll of her big deeply blue eyes. "Yeah, I don't get it either. Anyway!" she said briskly, "There will be lots of opportunities for you two to spend time together and not make it obvious. You can ask him to dance. He likes dancing, right?" Erika asked the other girl promptly. "You know, because he's like Godzilla and he won't be trampling my relatives like Tokyo?"
Erika frowned at her friend as she deftly filled up some empty water bowls. "I'm a strong, independent women who don't need no man," she joked, flapping her hands at Lulu quickly. She frowned again, reaching up to scratch the back of her head, ruffling her bright blonde hair. "I dunno," she finally settled on. "I mean, I haven't seen him in three weeks," she went on to say. Or was it more like a month?
Murphy was a busy man and she understood that. Besides, it was winter, plenty of germs were floating about. They weren't dating, so she had no right to be mad at him for doing other things. "His family's quite big too, so I sort of imagined that he'd be spending the holiday with them rather than my lot." She sighed as she filled up another water bowl belonging to a rather long haired guinea pig who chirped angrily at her, causing her to yank her hand away in alarm.
"And he is nice," she said wistfully. "He's really nice. And kind. And romantic. You should see him, Lulu," she whined. "He's so good looking. And he's got tattoos," she said as she childishly chewed on her lower lip and twiddled a lock of hair around her fingers. "Smart, too. But we're just fooling around," she said quickly with a nod. "I mean, he's seeing other girls and stuff and I'm not really in the market for a boyfriend." Erika didn't think it was worth it. She was out of the country for most of the year and it wasn't fair having someone wait for her. Life was too short. "It might get messy if I start inviting him to family occasions."
"Do you wanna go after we've finished here?" Erika asked Lulu, referring to visiting the bakery for those lemon bars. The treasure hunter felt like she was letting the side down with her lack of interest in cakes. Honestly? She much preferred cheese. She loved cheese. She hadn't met a single cheese that she didn't like. Instead of getting flowers for her birthday, she wished someone would just buy her a cheese bouquet.
Erika grinned. "I'm just kidding," she said soothingly, smiling at her upset friend. "Honest," she said quickly. "We don't need a pet and stop feeling so bad about it. It's not your fault, yeah?" she asked, finishing up folding the blankets and placing them neatly on a countertop as she reached for a bag of dried rabbit food, which she promptly deposited in a small metal bowl with some hay. "Are you coming round to the idea of Colin?" Erika chided with a slow grin, placing the food in a little hutch for a black rabbit and pausing to pick up a carrot baton which she promptly took a bite of. Yum.
Erika blushed deeply. Handsome? She hadn't really thought about Èdouard in that way before. He'd always been her elusive French penpal who gave reliable and helpful advice when she needed it. "He really is handsome," she offered as she chewed on her lower lip. He was typically French. Tall, slim, had an accent that made her toes curl. Oh what the Hell was going on? Now she was having weird feelings about her pen pal? She was about to argue that she didn't know him but she did. Intimately. She probably knew him better than his fiancée did.
She blushed again and turned away, clumsily opening up another bale of hay for the rabbit hutches, fumbling with the plastic. Her eyes widened quickly. "Nothing happened," she said flatly, confused by her friend's eager interest. "I was in Paris, looking for an apartment to rent for a few weeks when I'm there working, looking for a nice one that you can come and visit for a few days if you want and I bumped into an angry Frenchman and spilled his coffee. I offered to buy him a new one but he just went bananas," Erika explained as she pulled a face. "I hurt my ankle so Èdouard gave me a piggyback to his apartment and the angry midget chased us most of the way."
She paused. "I know that sounds ridiculous but my life really is ridiculous," she sighed. "He said he wanted to take me out for dinner to catch up but he didn't get back to me so," Erika stated with a shrug. "Like I said, nothing happened. He didn't give me his address or anything so I doubt I'll be seeing him again. It was nice to bump into him though," she said softly. "He wears glasses now. They really suit him."