The blonde jumped as the echoing whoosh swept through the room. “Oooh,†she said, leaning in a bit to look down the stairs. “Teamwork,†Freya declared triumphantly, holding her hand up for a high five.
She took a deep breath, holding it for a moment as she glanced down the ominous-looking staircase. She let the air out in a big sigh. “For you, Dan,†she said. She gave him a final glance and a grin before tentatively taking steps down. It was impossible not to talk, though; if she wasn’t talking, then the tension built up too high for her to handle.
“– looks kind of like the Slytherin common room, y’know? Or at least, how I imagine it’d be. No offense to Slytherins or anything, I mean their common room was basically in the dungeon, right – ew…?†Freya hesitated, then kept going. “I think I can see a… boat? Wow, the magic in this place is pretty intense, isn’t it? Wish they made more stuff like this for adults, yknow? Okay, so it’s just green lights and a spooky – I dunno – underground lake or something? Pond?â€
Now that she was down here, it didn’t look so scary. There was water, lots of fog, and everything was green, and there was a little boat that they were clearly supposed to get into... Freya moved over to it, glancing back to check Danny was following before she stepped in. A cold breeze blew just then, and the girl drew her cloak a little tighter around her.
“It’s kinda like that Valentine’s day boat they had in London our first year out of school, isn’t it?†Freya asked lightly. She and Danny and Jeremy had gone on a little magical boat ride together back then, but Freya had had to hide her face when the boys started trying to see if they could throw bits of popcorn at the couples drifting past in boats.